Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

One of the best Confederate buttons ive dug.

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: One of the best Confederate buttons ive dug.
April 02, 2018 11:58PM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You mean just like you = more like laughing stocks
> of the hobby
>
> and I'm not jealous NOR on my way out you clown -
> get a clue

Now that is funny...since you recently had this laughing at your pre-teen grudge you have held against TNSS for how long now?

If you are not jealous of Calabash and TNSS...you are certainly fascinated with them in some other creeper way.

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]
April 02, 2018 11:59PM
MRH, why don't you tell us how you feel! grinning smiley HH jim tn
April 03, 2018 12:18AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-
>
> Now the $64,000 question.
>
> How is It I can post literally the same things on
> another forum as I do here and get a totally diffe
> rent response there vs here?
>

Who is on the hook for paying up when I give you the correct answer?
April 03, 2018 01:11AM
Why tnsharpshooter, of course, so go ahead. HH jim tn
April 03, 2018 02:11AM
calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not here to impress either of you so whatever tha
> t says about me take however you wish. I will say
> this it does say a lot about me. I do my homework
> and spend my time and money so I can make great fi
> nds. I hope it says heres a guy who loves this hob
> by and is very dedicated to it. Mind blowing was h
> yperbole for all the other egg throwers up there..
> .but hey some of them are mind blowing.......smoking smiley

I dare say Scott that at least 50% and probably much more reading these forums and watching your videos are "Old Timers" me included. Me personally, I'm gonna keep watching them and reading them. It's been helpful even at my age and set in my ways. But a little more people skills and a little less "in your face" opinions especially when it comes to comparing detectors may be in order at this point. Your fine efforts may and should be better appreciated, respected and less stressful. A little more humble presentation of you finds may help too. Just saying this because I hate seeing what you're offering being lost in this firestorm.
April 03, 2018 02:21AM
We all different personalities .... I just like to have fun when digging . I'm loud and cut up but that's just me...I do in your face style of test though and I know some dont know how to take that but that's just my style. As far as flaunting finds and using the term (MIND BLOWING) it was really a defense against the attacks from the other guys. I'm not knocking ole timers just the few guys on here that are well they know what they are. I do have a mentor whos been in the game 30 yrs and he had a mentor. My relic game got good because of these guys who went before me. So I dont degrade or look down on ole timers as I learned myself from some. It these guys on here that I'm reffering to when I was using that term. They got under my skin today and I flew off a little..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2018 02:28AM by calabash digger.
April 03, 2018 11:42AM
Fun is what this hobby is all about. Unfortunately, some of us forget that on occasion. Some, I believe, self included, enjoy stirring the pot, so to speak, from time to time. Everyone have fun and find a good one today. HH jim tn
April 03, 2018 01:19PM
Location and quality sites to dig are more important than the years you detect when it comes to finds. best detectorist in the world wont find it if it aint in the ground and a rank beginner will do well at a loaded site. Some of my hunts would be unbelievable to many but true just the same and it was about 20 percent talent and 80 percent location.
This past Saturday in a 6 hour hunt I recovered one barber half,barber quarter,seated dime,12 indian heads,2 v nickels and 5 wheaties. It was all about the site which is a great old private site and I have sole permission for it so odds were stacked in my favor.
April 05, 2018 06:41AM
The secret to this hobby is finding the right places to hunt. A little luck doesn't hurt, either. Years ago, a fellow posted a picture of an Alabama plate. He had no Idea what it was. I looked it up and told him. then everyone else chimed in. He found it in a farm field in Indiana. Luck or skill?

Where does the OP live?
April 06, 2018 12:31AM
Well when you know how to research to find out WHERE or what field you need to be in sure can help your luck increase sometimes....

Research is key, then detecting skills. Best detectorist in the world cannot find it if its not there. Its a game of odds and whatever increases my odds well that's what I what to be doing...
April 06, 2018 02:23AM
Nice button there Cal thumbs down

All we get on the left coast are yankee buttons eye popping smiley
April 07, 2018 12:38AM
Killer find man! I have found 3 buttons... and I live in Tennessee where the civil war was EVERYWHERE..... but than again I’m an average pounder park hunter.;

XP Deus
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
22 silvers, 2 silver rings, 1 Gold Ring -YTD 2018

Some of my random digs: [www.youtube.com]
April 07, 2018 11:24PM
Great find, Calabash. Thank you for your videos and for stimulating the discussion on several forums. I know you do the videos because you enjoy doing it but I also have a pretty good idea just how much work is involved in such things, and I want you to know how much I appreciate your efforts. Keep it up. Keep asking good questions and trying to give good answers. It will help those who can keep an open mind. Ignore the rest. They aren't your target audience anyway. Happy hunting!
April 09, 2018 12:54AM
Thank you Calabash, I'm jealous is good way. Thanks for the report on the Equinox and Vaquero.