Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Waterproof jack

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Waterproof jack
April 03, 2018 12:46AM
Well after today ... i finally got off my butt and make a waterproof connector for my headphones. Had one of those good days bad days. Can only wade with the EQ...... so i pick up 5 rings today....... one 18K 5 grams and one 14K 5.5 grams... about a $300 day with a silver and a good clad count. But im about done and get to talking to one of the other hunters just coming out from deeper water... ... he got a nice gold chain. Darn... if i only had a pair of waterproof phone. So im tired of waiting on ML and did my own. Ill be out tomorrow for about 7 hours in as deep as water as i can get... should know if this machine will float or sink now.

Also got one of Pete Andersons new EQ shafts to test. Nicely made.. hard to believe its lighter than the ML shaft. Extra holes for cuff and handle and everything fits snug. Big plus.... the lower shaft is 28 ".
Re: Waterproof jack
April 03, 2018 12:53AM
Nice thumbs down

Can't wait to get in Lake Michigan again for some ring hunting when the warmer weather hits!

Keep us updated Dewcon
April 03, 2018 12:53AM
Sounds like you did well.
Thanks for sharing.

I may indeed try one of those shafts.
April 03, 2018 12:56AM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well after today ... i finally got off my butt and
> make a waterproof connector for my headphones. H
> ad one of those good days bad days. Can only wad
> e with the EQ...... so i pick up 5 rings today....
> ... one 18K 5 grams and one 14K 5.5 grams... about
> a $300 day with a silver and a good clad count.
> But im about done and get to talking to one of the
> other hunters just coming out from deeper water...
> ... he got a nice gold chain. Darn... if i only
> had a pair of waterproof phone. So im tired of w
> aiting on ML and did my own. Ill be out tomorrow
> for about 7 hours in as deep as water as i can get
> ... should know if this machine will float or sink
> now.
>
> Also got one of Pete Andersons new EQ shafts to te
> st. Nicely made.. hard to believe its lighter th
> an the ML shaft. Extra holes for cuff and handle
> and everything fits snug. Big plus.... the lower
> shaft is 28 ".

Whats the price on the shaft? Im guessing 149$?
April 03, 2018 09:20AM
Im not sure Mike...... id guess that maybe high since he didnt have to provide a handle. Im one of those guys who dont like the locks..... dang things always gives me headaches. I end up cutting them off. Im a put a nylon bolt thru it and call it a day guy. I like the way this one just slide in...... clips and you tighten down the small screw. On the dry sand that extended shaft is going to come in handy.

I also see Hungry and a few others have stated selling connectors and YELLOW HEADPHONES for the EQ. Geeeeeez.