Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone compare their Nox to the XP Goldmaxx Power ??

Posted by Michael296 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anyone compare their Nox to the XP Goldmaxx Power ??
April 03, 2018 02:11AM
I have had one (XP GMP V4) for a little over a year and it flat amazes me in small iron on it's ability to almost see through cluttered small iron and in fairly bad soil taboot and FAST. I have read over and over about these Nox machines being great and fast in the stuff but not heard a peep about this comparison. XP GMP has no screen for a VDI reading but everything is right there in it's sounds.
Re: Anyone compare their Nox to the XP Goldmaxx Power ??
April 03, 2018 09:03AM
I am betting Calabash Digger would be willing to test it against his Nox if he can get one.
April 03, 2018 03:53PM
Not in a head to head. The Nox would be the clear winner in hot ground. I used both.
April 04, 2018 01:16AM
WCH,
After having run both units as you state, In what specific ways do you feel the Nox would be the clear winner(in hot ground) ??
I ask this because I am truly interested in any insight between these two units. I have some pretty rotten soil, Eastern San Joaquin Valley right under the Sierra Nevada Mountains under Sequoia National Park, California. A mix of Ancient lake bad, Alkali, Black sand, Red Clay, Granite, Sandy areas and just about any other foul mix you can dream up. I have never had any detector get really great depth and usually don't care a lot about overwhelming depth, just a detector that is really good with the usable depth they have and do it well.
The GMP does handle the variations in my soil types pretty well and it does things in iron that no other detector I've owned so far does.
So please enlighten me if you have the time. I AM INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE !!
April 04, 2018 10:28AM
Michael1296,

Do you or anyone in your area have a Deus V.4 - there's a Goldmaax setting in it so it might be achievable for anyone with both a Deus and a Nox?

I remember using an early version of the Goldmaax Power (mid 2000's) and it was a great machine in the plowed fields / stubble rows etc - very sensitive to tiny stuff but also very reactive to iron that would fool the Silencer function.

Des D
April 04, 2018 11:19AM
Not to be a " Richard Head " I'm unable to comment any further based upon the fact I do not hunt in your soil. Sending your detector to SE North Carolina, in my opinion will have no bearing on how it will work in your area. The ground in SE NC is good. At least from my experience detecting around Wilmington NC. Several people on this forum live out your way. Rephrase your question to include your dig area. Hope this will help answer your question. Keep digging.thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2018 01:45PM by woodchiphustler.