Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

headphones

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
headphones
April 03, 2018 10:56PM
Need some smart stereo information. We have made a plug for the EQ using a mono jack. This was put on phones we used for both an xcal and CTX. Worked well. But seems they arent as loud now as the Bluetooth ones. Should we be using a stereo jack? I understand mone is 2 wire ...stereo is 3....can u jump2 with a single wire. On the CTX you jump 2 of the 3 pins... that gave more volume and shut of the speaker. Any ideas on volume? Mine uses audio sears speakers.
Re: headphones
April 04, 2018 12:08AM
April 04, 2018 12:12AM
Tony Hunt from Detectorbits UK has got some leads that give you the same volume with your own wired headphones as the ML80's in bluetooth mode he got Maz (UK headphone maker) to find out why wired headphones were lower volume the leads will be available at the end of the week in 2 lengths short for WM08 mounting on headphones and medium for pocket use

Headphone leads
April 04, 2018 09:21AM
So are you saying .... you can or cant plug directly into the box with his cable? Maz.... hes not the guy who does the MAL phones is he? It would be interesting to know why. I was wondering if there needed to be some sort of cross over using a stereo instead of a mono jack. I do see people are starting to sell the plugs and cables on Ebay...... wonder if they got it figured out of just put a jack together?
April 04, 2018 08:46PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So are you saying .... you can or cant plug direct
> ly into the box with his cable? Maz.... hes not
> the guy who does the MAL phones is he? It would b
> e interesting to know why. I was wondering if th
> ere needed to be some sort of cross over using a s
> tereo instead of a mono jack. I do see people are
> starting to sell the plugs and cables on Ebay.....
> . wonder if they got it figured out of just put a
> jack together?

The cables can be plugged directly into the control box or the WM08 unit and it will enable full volume through both, the guy Maz is NOT Mal who does the Surfones it is Tony Maz who is a well know long time headphone maker in the UK.