Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

EQUINOX 800 COMPARED TO VAQUERO PART1

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
EQUINOX 800 COMPARED TO VAQUERO PART1
April 05, 2018 07:50PM
I run them in the garden for depth test and do some basic same plane and 3d plane nail test...There are 2 parts to this video , this is part 1 enjoy. TESORO VAQUERO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2018 08:31PM by calabash digger.
Re: EQUINOX 800 COMPARED TO THE VAQUERO
April 05, 2018 08:04PM
Ole' calabash! That looks a lot hotter than the Vaquero Daniel had. But then again Daniel has that Ole' Hot ground

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2018 09:37PM by Harold,ILL..
Re: EQUINOX 800 COMPARED TO THE VAQUERO
April 05, 2018 08:48PM
I thought the video was done very well. As you can see the Vaquero is no slouch on depth. The 5.75 concentric coil would probably see your rivet and tack, because it is extremely good in heavy iron. The ed 180 disc of the Mojave and Tejon might see them better also with the wider range of disc on the low end. I think you get a good impression though of why most relic sites pounded by Tesoros over the las 30 years have pretty much been cleaned out. They don't miss much. Get yourself a 5.75 concentric and do your depth test again. You may be amazed at the depth it gets on the Vaq.
Re: EQUINOX 800 COMPARED TO VAQUERO PART1
April 05, 2018 09:09PM
That dang Vaquero did awesome almost makes me want one of them.
April 05, 2018 09:10PM
No difference in depth between the 9x8, 8" and 5.75 concentric coils.

Rick
April 05, 2018 09:42PM
depth is good but that's not everything . Unmasking is where its at for what I do...
April 05, 2018 10:40PM
Good video Calabash.
Well done.
And you learned some thing too.
That's what matters.
April 05, 2018 10:45PM
calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> depth is good but that's not everything . Unmaskin
> g is where its at for what I do...

Do this test with your Equinox. [www.youtube.com]
April 05, 2018 11:08PM
I agree the tejon will beat it there by a long shot.... Nails don't just lie on the same planes in the field though. The tejon is a single freq 17kh detector. It will suffer the same fate as the others if you put the low to mid conducters in a 3d nail test against the equinox. It will be interesting to see how the vista gold gain fairs here. I think the nox is gonna excel over single freq machines that run 7 kh to 20 kh its gonna take a 30 kh machine to compete with it on those types of targets. Are there any videos of the Tejon on 3 d nail test out there? BTW I tested a few detectors that did real well on same plane nail test but failed miserably on the 3 d test...
April 05, 2018 11:48PM
Coins can be on the same plane as period trash depending on the places you are hunting. Out west in the desert regions where little rain fall occurs, have hunted many sites where period trash, iron cut nails are just laying right on top of the ground. Have found many coins, suspender clips, buckels, buttons just laying right on top of the ground with the nails. The advantage of the concentric coils really comes into play in these types of areas. A lot of these sites are littered with tin can lids that scream dig me with DD coils where the concentric coils I have found let you dig less trash. Less time spent digging them, more time digging good targets etc. Everything is a tool and has its place in a good arsenal.
April 06, 2018 12:00AM
I agree but what you said doesn't make sense to me if your talking about a TESERO... How you digging less trash on a relic site with a 1 tone machine? Or are you talking about another brand with concentric coils???
April 06, 2018 12:02AM
Tejon fails that test with a nail about a target.

Rick
April 06, 2018 12:10AM
I dont get what your saying??

Rick, N. MI Wrote:
> Tejon fails that test with a nail about a target.
>
> Rick
April 06, 2018 12:42AM
Do this test with your Tesoro...silver....

pine3874 Wrote:
> calabash digger Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > depth is good but that's not everything . Unmask
> in
> > g is where its at for what I do...
>
>
> Do this test with your Equinox. [www.youtub]
> e.com/watch?v=K6ibg9bOdfk
April 06, 2018 12:48AM
I've spent my fair share of time with the tesoros out west in the old ghost town iron. The one tone drone is a big disadvantage in the heavy iron and trash. First of all the tesoros will do like a falsing type click in the heavy iron and make a it extremely hard to tell a good tone from a junk tone when the machine only has one tone lol. Yes u can learn it and pick the goodies out but is extremely hard. Cal u are right on in ur comments in the follow up vid that the one tone drone is a disadvantage. I wouldn't even attempt to take a tesoro to a modern park to find gold lol. Also I noticed when testing the 800 on say like the nailboard test for example the 800 like to high tone false bit, which forces u to turn the iron bias up probably. From my experience out in the field in the real world conditions the 800 won't give ya the type of high tone false on the old square nails like it does when surface testing. I've been running mine on zero in heavy iron lol. Have u noticed the same?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2018 12:54AM by Kickindirt.
April 06, 2018 12:49AM
All these video comparisons that Calabash has done and is doing, in my opinion, is not to show anything other than what a machine can do running in 5 frequencies simultaneously in comparison to ones that can't. He's not saying that the ones that can't are not good detectors, He's just showing that the one that does seems to have an advantage over the others that can't. In this case at this time it happens to be the Nox. It is simply first to come first to be served. Good stuff. It could have been an Etrak+ or a f75 raptor or whatever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2018 12:56AM by Bill long.
April 06, 2018 01:02AM
It falses on top of ground test bad sometimes..... in ground not so much. I dont dig iron falses all day. no more than the deus.

Kickindirt Wrote:
> I've spent my fair share of time with the tesoros
> out west in the old ghost town iron. The one tone
> drone is a big disadvantage in the heavy iron and
> trash. First of all the tesoros will do like a fal
> sing type click in the heavy iron and make a it ex
> tremely hard to tell a good tone from a junk tone
> when the machine only has one tone lol. Yes u can
> learn it and pick the goodies out but is extremely
> hard. Cal u are right on in ur comments in the fol
> low up vid that the one tone drone is a disadvanta
> ge. I wouldn't even attempt to take a tesoro to a
> modern park to find gold lol. Also I noticed when
> testing the 800 on say like the nailboard test for
> example the 800 like to high tone false bit, which
> forces u to turn the iron bias up probably. From m
> y experience out in the field in the real world co
> nditions the 800 won't give ya the type of high to
> ne false on the old square nails like it does when
> surface testing. I've been running mine on zero in
> heavy iron lol. Have u noticed the same?
April 06, 2018 01:08AM
Calabash, on your silver dime video would your Vaquero hit that out in the forest with the way you set it up in the video? If you went out to your coin garden and went to a barried dime you have at comparable depth and rotated that disc knob up would that dime disc out? If not where is the dial at after turning it up while sweeping the target? I bet it doesn't disc it out which tells you yiu better be digging. Especially if that one tone is quick and solid. Which on that dime would be.
April 06, 2018 01:11AM
That was not the point..... one tone machines are at a big disadvantage when it comes to some things... imo I like the info of multi tones and I understand we all like different things.
April 06, 2018 02:00AM
What disadvantage does a 1 tone machine have on a multi tone machine on an old site where you are going to dig all good signals above iron?
If I'm on an old site with my Deus, Multi Kruzer, Vista Gold Gain, Tesoros, whatever I am digging all tones above it on anyhow because I wouldn't want to lose the chance on that 1853 1 dollar gold coin.
From 1993 to 2003 the only machines I used were tesoros and hunted many parks with them also and with concentric coils. They avoid bottlecaps and a lot of can slaw with the disc set just below nickel. This translates over to older sites without modern trash but tin can lids and flakes of rusted tin are prevelent. Less of that stuff dug because you don't hear it like you do with DD coils.
April 06, 2018 02:12AM
Good video CD, I really enjoy seeing these head to head tests. thanks.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
April 06, 2018 02:22AM
Well might not be a BIG disadvantage on a site like that but what about trying to locate said site? How you going to know where the iron is ? I mean you guys might can tell iron content of the ground with it but I cant. Kicking dirt above said the tones were so close in iron that it was hard to get past the clicks and pops in the thick iron to hear the good targets... Is that true? If it is I would call that a big disadvantage.
Some machines like the Deus can be setup to make the non ferrous POP out from the ferrous trash. I have my Nox setup like that too where its very easy to recognize a non ferrous tone. I dont have time to be fighting a audio on a machine. Is what Kicking Dirt above said true? Yeah I can see a few disadvantages but you guys are the experts with it. If you guys run any disc on a relic site above iron your missing relics...just my 2 cents.

Welgund Wrote:
> What disadvantage does a 1 tone machine have on a
> multi tone machine on an old site where you are go
> ing to dig all good signals above iron?
> If I'm on an old site with my Deus, Multi Kruzer,
> Vista Gold Gain, Tesoros, whatever I am digging al
> l tones above it on anyhow because I wouldn't want
> to lose the chance on that 1853 1 dollar gold coin
> .
> From 1993 to 2003 the only machines I used were te
> soros and hunted many parks with them also and wit
> h concentric coils. They avoid bottlecaps and a l
> ot of can slaw with the disc set just below nickel
> . This translates over to older sites without mod
> ern trash but tin can lids and flakes of rusted ti
> n are prevelent. Less of that stuff dug because y
> ou don't hear it like you do with DD coils.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2018 02:38AM by calabash digger.
April 06, 2018 04:01AM
One example for me is one of my old sites is loaded with a real small pistol casings. Come in right around nickel range on Xp and Equinox. Can easily bypass them with a vdi machine. Tesoro I would be digging everyone
April 06, 2018 12:34PM
Good example and if you disc them out you would be missing other stuff. Where as with the Nox, deus, f75 etc you could get a different tone or vdi of another object and bypass the shells without having to disc them out and miss other relics..