Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Garrett MS3 wireless headphone setup is amazing.

Posted by 88junior 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Garrett MS3 wireless headphone setup is amazing.
April 06, 2018 08:14AM
I recently got this wireless setup and let me tell you I love them! I was skeptical of wireless headphones for years I was afraid that they wouldn't have as fast of a response time as wired headphones. Well these done away with the fears I had. The headphones have great sound and they knock out most of the outside daily noise. The battery life on them is like 20 hrs before needing a charge. Garrett is also going to be releasing a Z-Lynk Garrett Carrot that will sync with these I am definitely going to be getting one of them. So if any of you guys are on the fence or having the same fears I had give them a try it's money well spent. Just so you know I am not on Garrett's payroll and I didn't have these given to me to test. It's nice not being tied to a metal detector and having a cord getting in your way. These also fit all machines with a 1/4" headphone jack and they also come with a adapter cord to attach them to a AT-PRO or AT-Gold. I hope you all find gold or silver on your next hunt. Later Morgan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2018 08:17AM by 88junior.
Re: Garrett MS3 wireless headphone setup is amazing.
April 06, 2018 03:40PM
Welcome to the 21st century thumbs down

Having gone wireless starting with my Racer2 a few years ago, I cannot tell you what a pleasure it is to detect with quality wireless headphones. I used to get tangled up hunting in the woods or desert sagebrush all the time, what a PITA it was!!

No wires = freedom !!

I hope as detector manufacturers go forward, they will take the lead from Minelab and NOT make proprietary wireless units, industry standard Bluetooth is working great on the Equinox and provides some additional benefits. On the Equinox 800 the wireless headphones are also very good, and the ML80's have a very cool feature. You can pair them with your detector and smartphone via Bluetooth at the same time. If a call comes in, you can take it right from the ML80 headphones (don't tell your wife this!!), they have a mic and the sound quality for the caller is excellent! Heck you could even listen to music while detecting, but then you'd likely miss some good finds - lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2018 03:41PM by Cal_cobra.
Re: Garrett MS3 wireless headphone setup is amazing.
April 06, 2018 06:08PM
"I must admit the AT Max with the Garrett MS3 wireless stereo headphones are just brilliant to wear / use / and I was just in heaven with them.
I also used / liked the original 'Z-Lynk' set on the Garrett 400i and used on several other detectors. But I was limited to wearing a corded headphone then. That is now gone - cordless totally.

The only thing missing was if I used Audio with the AT pointer I had to remove one ear cup: however, the more I used the Vibrate function that necessity lessened.

I think the New 'Z-Lynk AT Pointer' will deff be on my Shop List. I wonder if the AT Max will still 'blip/pip' when it's turned on or will that now be eliminated?"