Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ML 80 headphones worth/value?

Posted by shoveler 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
ML 80 headphones worth/value?
April 08, 2018 02:27AM
I have absolutely no use for them and can't find any pricing otherwise.
New in case , unused what are they worth?
Re: ML 80 headphones worth/value?
April 08, 2018 02:35AM
Hard to say, but they're just rebranded Miccus SR-71 Stealth headphones...and those typically sell for about $75.00.

I'm sure Minelab has added a little more to the price for the logo silk screening. winking smiley
smiling smiley
mike

BTW, it's about impossible to find the Miccus phones right now...due to Equinox 600 users snapping them up.

I suspect you'll have no trouble whatsoever selling them...perhaps somewhere in the $75 to $100 range?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2018 02:38AM by Mike in CO.
April 08, 2018 03:27AM
shoveler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have absolutely no use for them and can't find a
> ny pricing otherwise.
> New in case , unused what are they worth?

I sold mine for $50 in less than 2 hours, I could have gotten more if the 600's had been out, this was back in Feb. I had zero use for them and I didn't like the sound either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2018 03:29AM by Dan(NM).
April 08, 2018 03:31AM
shoveler --

I may be interested, if the price is right...

Steve
April 08, 2018 03:37AM
steveg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> shoveler --
>
> I may be interested, if the price is right...
>
> Steve

Ok Steve, I have to ask, what happened to your gear? I know you said it was a long story so......
April 08, 2018 06:15AM
UGH!

Dan -- you are going to make me admit to this publicly?!?!

OK -- I went detecting one day, took the CTX, Equinox, and a bunch of gear. Used only the CTX. Came home, unloaded my gear. Went detecting two days later; took the CTX, Equinox, and a bunch of gear. Planned to use the Equinox, but got there, and couldn't find the headphone case for the Equinox headphones. Figured I forgot them at home, so I just used the CTX. Got home, unloaded the gear, and then tore apart the house looking for the headphone case. Could not find it. So, I did a bunch of detective work over a couple of day period, and finally figured out the mystery...

On the hunt I mentioned where I took both machines but used only the CTX, I was loading the back of my truck before leaving home; I had my CTX, Equinox, and a bunch of gear in my arms, and my Equinox headphone case in my hand. In the case, were the headphones, AND the WM08 module, plus an adapter, cords, etc. To unlock my tailgate, I set the Equinox headphone case on my truck bed cover. I opened the tailgate, loaded my gear and drove off -- except.....I forgot to put the headphone case into the back of the truck before driving off!!! I left it sitting on top of the bed cover! Somewhere, it slid off, and despite talking to my neighbors, re-tracing my route, etc., the case is nowhere to be found. So, I lost the case, headphones, cords, adapters, AND the WM08 module! I know...I'm an idiot. Now you all know that (if you didn't already)!

How did I solve the case? I came up with the "maybe I set them on the bed cover and drove off" scenario as one of the possible explanations for the lost headphones, and a careful inspection of the dirty top of my truck bed cover revealed a subtle, but unmistakable, "slide" mark in the dirt, where the case clearly slid across the bed cover and off the side, while I was rounding a right-hand turn somewhere... UGH!

Anyway, I replaced the WM08 -- purchased from a great guy on another forum. I also replaced the headphones with an identical pair, except without the Minelab label (not the Miccus ones, but another, identical pair -- all these phones -- the Minelab ones, the Miccus ones, and several others, are made in a factory in China and sold under MANY different brand names; I've learned a WHOLE LOT about the Minelab headphones and others that are identical, as a result of this -- but that's another story!).

Anyway, while I have a replacement pair, it would be good to at least HAVE the Minelab ones, in the event I ever were to sell the Equinox. It's not a necessity, but might be good to have them "just in case." Hence, my "if the price is right" comment.

Meanwhile, if anyone with an Equinox 600 wants a pair of wireless Bluetooth headphones identical to the Minelab ones, but without the Minelab label, I can help you with whatever info you want (or, if you have an 800 and just want a spare set -- again, send me a PM)!

Steve
April 08, 2018 10:29AM
Dan.... really you didnt like the sound? Man id give my left... well you know, for a pair in the water that sounded as good. Im tempted to change the plug and wire them for water hunting. They are more comfortable and cheaper to replace than most water phones and have good volume.
April 08, 2018 12:15PM
Thanks for the replies.
steveg , I will keep that in mind if I decide to sell them.
It might be better to keep them to sell with the entire NOX set-up if that's what I decide to do ,,, jury is still out at this point.
April 08, 2018 04:01PM
Steve, I think we've all done something like that at least once. I once came back to rerig locked up and hunted another 2 hours came back and discovered I left the driver side door OPEN. The beach parking lot was full and now was empty, but nothing was touched! A couple thousand dollars of detecting equipment smiling up at me. Guardian angels? Idiots have them seemingly. I haven't done it again, but there are no guarantees!

PS Nice CSI work!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2018 04:02PM by Pasttom.
April 08, 2018 05:29PM
Steve..... no buddy ive never done that..... BUT i have ran over a scoop before.... makes an awful sicking crunch when you realize what it was.
April 08, 2018 07:02PM
Well this past year I've gone off and left my CTX sitting on a park bench, luckily I live in a small town and it was still sitting there when I figured out what I did. I left a raptor c31 digger at a park I was hunting, of course, it was gone when I went back. And I lost a really nice knife when I put it in the wrong slot in my pouch, never could find that thing.