Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Pulled an Uncommon One Today

Posted by ozzie 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Pulled an Uncommon One Today
April 08, 2018 08:03PM
Rod couldn't go to this place today, so I parked the truck and went through the woods to hit this mid 1800's stone house I've been telling him about. The building is standing, but empty. The place has 178 years of trash to listen through as it was occupied until recently.

I've been here a couple times before with the f-75 ltd, the 5" and the 11" dd coils. Pulled buttons, forks, spoons and a partial bell last week, everything was deep.

I ran the F-75 again with the 11" coil because it's deep and separates as good as I got as far as units go.
There are so many signals I decided to run it from a proven NASA-Tom setting from years ago. It's disc 6, 99 sens, one tone....listen for the tone, like it or not, then decide to look at the numbers. If the numbers suit you, go for it.
First coin was a wheat, badly corroded at 5".

The targets in the ground dictate the swing speed. If a tone is heard, go back and try to massage it out with little 2" wiggles, then see if it can be heard at another angle, or not. At a place like this I dig all iffy and good signals down to and including aluminum.

Moving along, I get a barley dig-it signal. In my mind I was thinking Flying Eagle cent, I swear....Sure enough, down around 8" a penny size coin came out. Couldn't tell what it was at first. After a bit of mouth juice I saw the wings and the date, sweet, a Flying Eagle, not the 56 but the 58, no cigar today. Not long after, out came a 85 Indian in nice condition.
This type of hunting requires total concentration and focus as most of you boys know. If you are in a hurry or thinking about other things, forget about it, you're wasting your time. I have only dug three other Flying Eagles and all were 58"s.....one of these days a 56 will surprise me. Have at it boys, hope you find something special.

Edit: Hey Rod, if you feel like it, would you post the pics of the FE& IH I texted to you? No biggie if you can't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2018 08:05PM by ozzie.
Re: Pulled an Uncommon One Today
April 08, 2018 08:44PM
Congrats on the Flying Eagle(s)

Still a bucket lister for me.
Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
April 08, 2018 08:50PM
A Flying eagle from the land of OZ!
April 08, 2018 09:10PM
Good find and excellent report.
April 08, 2018 09:26PM
Some really nice finds and some dog gone good hunting. Good sniffin! HH jim tn
April 08, 2018 10:10PM
Thanks Tom, Doc,Jim.
Harold, I just read where the munchkins from the lollypop guild especially the center one during the song, were drunks who molested the young Judy Garland on the set.
April 08, 2018 11:03PM
Good deal Ozz-man

Sounds like good fun thumbs down
April 09, 2018 01:23AM
That's a ripper mate. Fine business.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
April 09, 2018 03:04AM
Nice find Ozzie.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2018 03:05AM by tnsharpshooter.
April 09, 2018 11:35AM
Thanks MRH, Grant, TNS, for the attaboy's, it was an enjoyable hunt.