Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Gripe for the day

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Gripe for the day
April 09, 2018 03:21PM
How many bought the NOX to water hunt with? How many bought a CTX to also water hunt with? How many also have Xcals they bought that they converted with a CTX connector to use with both the CTX and Xcal. Im feeling like a red headed step child here.... especially since they still aint done a thing to get those phones or cable out. Now i paid a LOT of money for all these machines....... all they had to do was use the same CTX connector that they used on the coil and we could have used even their expensive yellow phones that many also bought for the CTX..... that by the way most of us dont like unless we dive or snorkel. You would have thought they could have come up with a BETTER pair of water phones at that price. ALSO....... their cable is designed more to accommodate the dirt diggers with it being waterproof on one end and not the other and allowing them to use their 1/4 headphones......many of which arent ML headphones. I like this machine...... but man these thing they call accessories are necessities to us water hunters. It bites to keep paying for xtras....... or again modifying their machine.

Thats my opinion...... and may not be those of the sponsors lol.

Dew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2018 03:23PM by dewcon4414.
Re: Gripe for the day
April 09, 2018 04:03PM
What about Detector Pro Amphibians?
April 09, 2018 07:37PM
Wood...... i made my own jack so im using MY phones and also just got a pair from Tony Eisenhower from Calf. I can tell you right now Gray Ghosts arent as good as the ones me and some of the guys put together. Ron Delgado who now owns Detector Pro from Gary Storm is in negotiation with ML for the jack...... but it doesnt look like his phones will be allowed to be made until after ML puts theirs out...... when ever that is. My point was ... people are still waiting on an ACCESSORY to water hunt with...... yet we should have had to they had the yellows for the CTX...... we all paid big bucks for our machines and had they used the M12 connector we would already be in the water without the added expense.
April 09, 2018 08:25PM
I agree.....A waterproof detector needs the ability to be used in the water. The GG headphones? Not a fan. I had volume problems with the CTX. The yellow Minelab headphones? Made for a pumpkin head and boy do they hurt the ears after a while. I guess detector companies in general want to squeeze every last dime out of something they can... so they switch connectors on us. I'll swing what I have this year. By next year this should all be history....I hope!
April 09, 2018 10:23PM
Fisher comes out with the right machine Goodmore.... you still wont want a NOX. Those yellows..... ugh, uncomfortable twingy and expensive for what they are for sure.
April 10, 2018 01:37AM
I have been wanting the 6" coil. Had to order the 1/8 to 1/4 adapter through Amazon. Slack. Why should they care. Selling so many Eq's they are laughing all the way to the bank. Terrible customer service to put out a product and not have the accessories available within a reasonable time after release.
Gripe for the day
April 10, 2018 03:03AM
ShovelNose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have been wanting the 6" coil. Had to order the
> 1/8 to 1/4 adapter through Amazon. Slack. Why shou
> ld they care. Selling so many Eq's they are laughi
> ng all the way to the bank. Terrible customer serv
> ice to put out a product and not have the accessor
> ies available within a reasonable time after relea
> se.

2X This.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
April 10, 2018 03:10AM
ShovelNose Wrote:
> I have been wanting the 6" coil. Had to order the
> 1/8 to 1/4 adapter through Amazon. Slack. Why shou
> ld they care. Selling so many Eq's they are laughi
> ng all the way to the bank. Terrible customer serv
> ice to put out a product and not have the accessor
> ies available within a reasonable time after relea
> se.

Many people are still waiting on their Equinox....let alone accessories.

But I agree, it doesn't make ANY sense why they've released two new detectors that have no accessories (coils, waterproof headphones, headphone adaptor, etc) available. That part I don't get, I'm sure those things were designed eons ago and it should've take a major effort to get them out the door.
April 10, 2018 03:50AM
Headphone connector for the Equinox being sold on Friendly. [metaldetectingforum.com]
April 10, 2018 09:36AM
Ive seen a lot of entrepreneurs making these at a hefty price..... but then we havent seen the prices for MLs accessories yet either. I was told the reason we DONT have these accessories is because the plant uses the same assembly line..... which is busy making machines. That doesnt make any sense but..... then i was also told phones would be out LAST week to dealers that apparently didnt happen. This isnt a company working out of its garage ...... so why does one of the major players produce a machine ..... sell tons of um and not have accessories........ is it intentional?
April 10, 2018 09:49AM
It is a marketing strategy. I have seen it with game consoles for years. Short supplies advertise themselves. And it seems the shorter the supply the more the demand.
April 10, 2018 01:09PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> Ive seen a lot of entrepreneurs making these at a hefty price..... but then we havent seen the prices for MLs accessories yet either. I was told the reason we DONT have these accessories is because
> the plant uses the same assembly line..... which is busy making machines.
That doesnt make any sense but..... then i was also told phones would be out LAST week to dealers that apparently didnt happ
> en. This isnt a company working out of its garage ...... so why does one of the major players produce a machine ..... sell tons of um and not have accessories........ is it intentional?

I have to raise the BS flag on that statement.

For one, we now all know that the wireless headphones are outsourced from China.

I've been to electronic assembly plants, and once a line is made up to make a particular product, it pretty much stays that way until the product dies. Wouldn't make sense they'd tear down the Equinox line to make say coils, that's rubbish. And if their wireless headphones are outsourced from China, you can bet the waterproof wired ones will likely be as well. That's all find and dandy, I don't care where Minelab pulls it's products from (they certainly aren't coming from the U.S.) but given that the Equinox has been in existence for over a year now (counting the 9 months that Dr Tones said he had his test unit last September) that sure gave them a LOT of time to spin up coil and headphone resources.

Something seems odd to me and doesn't really add up, but I'm sure they have their reasons.
April 10, 2018 03:23PM
Cal you may be right. Let me throw this out to you kind of off the subject. How long before connected headphones are going to be the thing of the past? We now know these ML phones can be gotten for less than $50...... what do connected phones cost? I tell you ...... i like these phones, they have good volume and tone. Obviously water phones will still be required.... but for park or field? Even ear buds are waterproof with good sound now...... for cheap.
April 10, 2018 04:55PM
pine3874 Wrote:
> Headphone connector for the Equinox being sold on
> Friendly. [metaldetectingforum.com]
> ad.php?t=259793

I bought a 5 pack of those M12 connectors and another 5 pack of the male 3.5 jack for a total of $15 shipped.
April 10, 2018 05:34PM
choppadude Wrote:
> pine3874 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Headphone connector for the Equinox being sold o
> n
> > Friendly. [metaldetectingforum.com]
> re
> > ad.php?t=259793
>
>
> I bought a 5 pack of those M12 connectors and anot
> her 5 pack of the male 3.5 jack for a total of $15
> shipped.

It pays to shop around. Original factory replacement parts means made in China, nowadays.

tabman