Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab question...

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Minelab question...
April 12, 2018 07:37PM
Having used all the Explorer models actually feel the XS original was the deepest...For Explorer users that also used the E-trac how much better is it and why you feel so...
I know some of the fellows are still pulling the deep silver with the XS and other models up to the Explorer SE pro....and what would be the plus or minus upgrading to E-trac..
Re: Minelab question...
April 12, 2018 07:44PM
Better balanced for one. Also better pinpoint and more accurate digital numbers. The Etrac is faster also with better separation. But the Explorer still has sweeter silver warble.
April 12, 2018 08:45PM
[www.losttreasure.com]

I think my XS explorer is a tad deeper than my Etrac.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2018 08:46PM by tnsharpshooter.
April 12, 2018 09:01PM
I can't speak to depth, Dan, but there are some things I like better on the Etrac than the Explorers.
---I like the way I can see both graph and FE-CO numbers at the same time.
---I like the Trash Density setting. The Explorers didn't have this feature and I find it works really well.
---I wasn't sure I'd like the straighten out conductive line as I had a thing for that s - curve for a while there but I find I'm liking the straight conductive line.
---I like the way I can see both sensitivity settings, mine and the recommended.

What I'm saying is that I like the feature set of the Etrac better than the feature set of the Explorer models.

HH
Mike
April 13, 2018 12:39AM
To Me ..I like the Etrac the best... Have all the Explorers...I just like the Etrac with Varabilty turned all the way up!.. The Equinox is driving me nuts.. seems hard to tell how deep a target is?.. guess I am just to used to the Etrac....and love the Sunray probe..