Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deeptech Vista Gold Gain...Review

Posted by Welgund 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deeptech Vista Gold Gain...Review
April 15, 2018 12:08AM
In 3 letters, WOW.

In 1993 I got my first metal detector a Tesoro Bandido 2 and from that day on have always had one in my stable for working in heavy, trashy iron places. Over the years I have owned and used every Tesoro made since then and several digital machines along the way. My hearing though has always been partial to analog detectors.

The Gold Gain does not dissapoint. The audio of this machine is phenomenal. Kind of reminds me of a Bandido2 micromax but with more information. The modulation is perfect. They put a lot of thought and work into the voice of this machine. If you have used and learned the Tesoros and all the nuance of that single beep, you will love this machine. Example, on. Horse shoe with a Tesoro it will be a long tone, this machine it's a combination of low and high long tone. I dug 7 horse shoes today and was calling them before digging them. I got that same distinctive audio on all big iron. Here's the kicker though, next to one of the horse shoes I got a modulated high tone deeper then the shoe that I was able to work out that ended up being a horse tack, 4 inches deeper to the right of it. I was amazed. The super 6 coil is so tight you can work in and around the big iron if you desire.
I set the disc on the red dot and left it there.

I have hit this site with every detector in my current arsenal and several past detectors except the Multi Kruzer, still waiting on the 7in concentric. To put in context, this site hasn't produced anything for a few years because of all the iron railroad spikes masking good targets. I have removed a lot over the years but these early railroad workers seemed to have gotten more on the ground then used on the tracks.lol.

If I had to compare this machine to others I would say it has the power of the Tejon (if not more), the ability to hunt in iron trash like the Mojave but much deeper, the audio of the Bandido2 micromax but much better. The 30 khz reminds me of the Deus at 28khz, seems to be the best of two worlds.

In conclusion, if your a hardcore relic hunter this machine is dynamite. I have so many sites I need to rehit now.
Re: Deeptech Vista Gold Gain...Review
April 15, 2018 12:54AM
Good descriptive report welgund. Sounds like it clicked with you right from the get/go thumbs down

Definitely on my short list to get my hands on one. Gotta thin the heard a bit 1st though!
April 15, 2018 01:19AM
Great review Welgund, but I don't need another damn detector! lol

tabman
April 15, 2018 01:35AM
Lol Tab! I know what you mean. I was looking at my detectors today wondering if I could grow twelve more arms. Your main problem is, everytime you go detecting with me you buy more detectors.lol does that tell you anything? Xp Deus, check!, mxt pro check!, ctx 3030 check! CZ 5 check! Haha Next time we go I will bring a different set for you to check off.
April 15, 2018 02:15AM
Thanks for the review. I own a deus hf coil that will run 28kh. In your opinion should I buy one of these to relic hunt even though I own that coil for the deus?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2018 02:16AM by calabash digger.
April 15, 2018 03:01AM
Great report Welgund. Glad you meshed with the VGG.

Took mine out today in a field relic hunting for buttons. Had the 11 inch coil on. Will post the report and pics on Findmall and link it here (easier to do with photos).

Bottom line is it found 4-5 nice small buttons and 2 musket balls (one bigger than the other...not a relic guy so I am assuming they are musket balls).

Even with the 11 inch coil, hunting for 2-3 hours was a breeze. The unit is a well balanced unit and really fun to hunt with.

A keeper for sure.
April 15, 2018 08:14PM
Calabash, I saw your video on the Vaq, if your looking to cut your teeth on an analog unit with performance of a tesoro in the iron but two tone this is definatel the way to go. I like the voice of this machine in the heavy iron over the Deus and really like the Deus with the 9in HF in heavy iron. This is a pure relic machine though. I would say probably the best for sites with a lot of large iron like stove parts, iron spikes, etc. I think it is a combination of the audio and the way they made the coils. The 11in is easy to swing and deeper than any machine I have used. I would recommend this machine to anyone who is an avid relic hunter.
April 15, 2018 08:40PM
Welgund Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I think it is a combination of the audio and the way they made the coils.

I wrote that same comment replying to tnsharpshooters post on ghound's thread on the Equinox and small targets.

The audio is superb on the VGG and the coils really tight. Laser like on the Super Six and the 11 inch can hit really small targets.

Awesome machine and a relic hunter should really try one. I love mine and I don't even relic hunt !
April 17, 2018 09:56AM
Great review. Thanks for the information.