Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Rutus Alter 71 upgrade questions

Posted by Mike Hillis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Rutus Alter 71 upgrade questions
April 19, 2018 01:41PM
Got my Rutus in hand Sunday afternoon and have been fooling around with it. So far I have figured out that I got the original 1.0 version. I don't yet know what that means to me as I didn't figure that out until last night. So I have some questions about upgrades. Anyone know how I would go about getting this upgraded to version 1.1, or better yet, do I want to get it upgraded.??

Thanks
Mike
Re: Rutus Alter 71 upgrade questions
April 19, 2018 01:45PM
Mike,
Would require a trip across pond.
I don't think the things done in 1.1 version are worth it personally.

Here is a you tube.
[m.youtube.com]

Here is link depicting what was done as far as version 1.1.
[rutus.com.pl]

The actual version 1.1 user's manual
[www.rutus.com.pl]

This video is in English and looks like a version 1.1 model.
[m.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2018 02:01PM by tnsharpshooter.
May 09, 2018 02:58PM
You are right, TNSS. The upgrades are not needed and I'm glad I didn't get the upgraded version now. I would have hated to lose the dual pinpoint bars. Those are much more useful than the standard pinpoint model the upgrade replace it with.

HH
Mike
May 13, 2018 01:18AM
Mike, since I also own and use an RA 71, I have been waiting to hear your thoughts, feelings and early opinion on this machine. I really enjoy using mine, not as much time on it as I would like but still enjoy the tweakability.
May 14, 2018 05:09AM
Is worth to upgrade. Mixed mode is also better. The new pinpointing method also for me.
May 14, 2018 09:29PM
Hi Michael,
I have only used the RA71 enough to realize that it has great potential. I also realized that it requires a good amount of setup work and for a while there I wasn't sure I wanted to invest the effort but in the end I have decided to keep it and put in the effort to make it useful for me and my targets and sites.

Right now I'm working on the audio foundation. I'm basically going to have one audio foundation mapped to 6 kHz, 12 kHz, and 18.4. Then I can use the frequency shifting feature to move my TID around on that audio foundation. I've decided on the basic mask, I just need to define the TID boundaries for each of those three frequency ranges and make sure I'm happy with the final tones. Tone arraignment consists of 6 segments and their respective tones arranged in a particular non-linear pattern that i can pull TID's onto or push TID's off of depending on the frequency in use.

Maybe I'll have it up and running in a week or two.

I know. Sound complicated, but its the best way to get the full benefit of the frequency shifting features.

HH
Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2018 10:06PM by Mike Hillis.
May 15, 2018 01:09AM
Mike, I haven't created such a detailed tonal ladder as yours as of yet. I have played around with some different configurations as seen from some other users but kept so far to four tones and run it a lot at 16 and close KHz. I have had in my soil the best target separation and smooth running at 16 KHZ. !8 KHz for some reason doesn't do that well. Lower range goes deep but has clarity issues. No Disc used except 118 - 120 for hot rock and wraparound from what a few others have written and I took notice of to use myself.
My biggest issue is not enough time and too many machines. Too many and you find yourself grabbing a different one for various reasons and not putting in the time with just one to really learn it. The other side of that coin is having only one and desperately wanting to try out others. Sometimes you just can't win by getting what you want. STRANGE !!!
May 15, 2018 05:25AM
Remember boys new ARGO NE has different ID scale if you compare to Alter 71... and I think is better...
May 26, 2018 11:28AM
The Rutus supposedly has multi freq already built in, apparently it works well but is hard on battery life, you might see an update for the Alter at some stage.
May 26, 2018 11:29AM
And more winking smiley They work also on other projects winking smiley
June 01, 2018 11:48AM
Mars-md have 3 new coils out for the Rutus, the mars sniper coil is a cracker.
June 02, 2018 03:12AM
I can't find any coils from Mars online for the RA 71. I however did find on the Rutus homepage where there is now a sniper coil for the 71. I have Emailed both Detecknix in the UK and Rutus to find out where it can be purchased. Looks like 5 or 6 inch CC coil. VERY PROMISING.!! Anyone know more than this ?? How about you Shelton ???
June 02, 2018 07:35AM
June 03, 2018 03:51AM
I see why I never found it. I DON"T DO FACEBOOK !!
Looking at those coils from Mars, I have no interest. The CC Sniper coil from Rutus is what I have been dreaming of. Trying to find out how and where to purchase
June 03, 2018 06:35AM
Sniper coil is ready also from Rutus. Anybody who wants to buy it just send me PM message. Also with Mars.