Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XP DEUS

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: XP DEUS
April 14, 2011 12:19AM
Low Boy I should be able to. I sent them an email today. Still waiting to make an order. They don't respond to emails like I think they should! lol
April 14, 2011 12:35AM
Bart, I noticed the delay also but I think they are in a lot different time zone. Just my thoughts as I will email them and then have a response when I wake up the next morning.

Tom in SC
April 14, 2011 05:41PM
Got an email from them today. They will only let me have 1. Still trying to get them to call me. As of right now I have a bad taste in my mouth about them. I don't want to become a dealer for them unless they can prove they are trustworthy and helpful.

I will keep trying. Bart
Bart.........Re: XP DEUS
April 15, 2011 12:45AM
Why will they only let you have one unit????
Direct quote from XP
April 15, 2011 01:26AM
"Distributor should have a large potential of sell, repair center, shops etc..."

I think that they will have to rethink their ideal dealership criteria. Maybe a centralized repair center to repair all models of XP detectors and to change batteries in the coils of the Deus. Maybe several Mom and Pop distributors all over the US. It is a little difficult for a country smaller than some of our states and only at this time selling to other countries, again as small as our states, to conceptualize the size of the US.
Just my 2 cents.

Cuniagau

“Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.”
April 15, 2011 02:28AM
So you will be selling the XP all the units they make.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 15, 2011 08:49AM
Stoopstroop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Got an email from them today. They will only let
> me have 1. Still trying to get them to call me. As
> of right now I have a bad taste in my mouth about
> them. I don't want to become a dealer for them
> unless they can prove they are trustworthy and
> helpful.
>
> I will keep trying. Bart

I'm in Germany and have had correspondence with the owner (he actually replied to emails I sent them with questions). I have frequented the two forums in Europe of XP Deus users. I can say they are a completely legit company. I haven't heard ANY complaints. I wouldn't worry about them in that regard. Do you really think they would risk their initial American presence (and lots of $$$) by messing up their first relationship?

Things in Europe do go a bit slower than in The States I've found and that can come across bad to some Stateside people. Life is just slower here but I always got replies to my emails (4 or so) within two days. As far as the detectors go, the Deus is the real deal. Incredible depth and speed of recovery. It will be interesting to see how it does in the American market. It has definitely affected Minelab sales out here. From what the guys on the forum say (ex Minelab guys) the unit covers so much more ground quickly, got the same depth (with a smaller coil) and they could always cross check targets with no problems. Very very good detector in metal. By all accounts it does better than the Fishers, Technetics (I own) and Minelabs.
April 15, 2011 09:29AM
Deus wins by far and large!!!

I have been already in about 10 hunts with my 75, and my friends with XP DEUS, and the results where UNBELIEVABLE - AMAZING - INCREDIBLE!!!!

The hunts where on different soils, different times, different humidity of the ground, plowed and unplowed fields...well all the conditions, and ALWAYS the DEUS got many more good targets and deeper than my F75 (which I love anyway)

The last hunt yesterday, over the same field both detectors, I got about 25 targets, and he got over 45 . He even went over my foot steps and got some pieces that I discarded or did not even heard.

The owners say its very important a good setup with the computer, but that it unmasks and discriminates much better than any other detector they have ever had. And these people have had at least 10 detectors prior to this one. Very experienced people and I know for a fact.
Also there is the weight, the wireless headphones, compact size...

The one thing on the bad side its that its a little fragile on some of the arm rest places.

If it wasn't that expensive I would change mine...

I hope this is of some help
Cheers
April 15, 2011 12:39PM
So who is going to send Tom a unit for testing???
April 15, 2011 01:01PM
I'd switch in a heartbeat.......if it trumped the F75; yet, I have valid concerns/questions.
April 15, 2011 02:59PM
What I understand from responses that I have received at other forums, The Deus is king of finding good targets in trash. The way they talk it can pull a needle out from between two nails. But they will not discuss depth.
The unit was made for plowed fields where targets are no deeper than 6". So I have my reserves also. Here in the states you need to get over the 7" mark to find the good targets due to sites being hunted hard and the fact that most people hunt parks that have not been plowed to pull the targets up to the surface. It is a good step in the right direction and they have developed a larger coil for the unit also. I feel they would not have done this if the depth was that good to start with. This being the fact that the coil has most of the electronics in it. I am still on the fence, looking and reading. The price is starting to drop and this is making it look better. I have also seen a few for sale now in the European markets as used detectors. If I ever decide to get one, I would love to send it to Tom for a good run in the Florida dirt.

Tom in SC
April 15, 2011 03:35PM
Looks like I am going to wait till they can support the US market better. Right now they don't have ANY US distributors. I was told by them today that they are "to busy" with the euro market to worry about US sales. Until they can support the US dealers with full support I am not going to stick my neck out.

First Texas is and continues to support us (customer/dealers) in every way. They come out with more and better machines than any company out there. I will only deal with companies like them.

Anyone with questions about any of this feel free to call me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2011 03:35PM by Stoopstroop.
April 15, 2011 06:15PM
I have a XP Goldmaxx Power and a XP ADX 250. I had a Fisher F75 and i can say that XP beats Fisher on recovery speed and depth even with 9 inch coil. Fisher is good but XP is a long way better. With 11 coil added to XP its illegal.
April 15, 2011 08:09PM
tmanly Wrote:
> What I understand from responses that I have
> received at other forums, The Deus is king of
> finding good targets in trash. The way they talk
> it can pull a needle out from between two nails.
> But they will not discuss depth.
> The unit was made for plowed fields where targets
> are no deeper than 6". So I have my reserves also.
> Here in the states you need to get over the 7"
> mark to find the good targets due to sites being
> hunted hard and the fact that most people hunt
> parks that have not been plowed to pull the
> targets up to the surface. It is a good step in
> the right direction and they have developed a
> larger coil for the unit also. I feel they would
> not have done this if the depth was that good to
> start with. This being the fact that the coil has
> most of the electronics in it. I am still on the
> fence, looking and reading. The price is starting
> to drop and this is making it look better. I have
> also seen a few for sale now in the European
> markets as used detectors. If I ever decide to get
> one, I would love to send it to Tom for a good run
> in the Florida dirt.
>
>
>
> Tom in SC

eheheh, Ok, I'll defend a unit I've never used even though I'm swinging a Teknetics. I really really frequented the forums (2) for a few months and I can say unequivocally that the Deus gets good depth (unless the guys were lying). I've spoken to a dealer (who sold Minelabs too) as well as many guys on the forum. I'm not saying it will go deeper than a minelab explorer with the stock coil, but too many guys crossed checked signals and the ALWAYS were able to hit the explorer targets. 7" is NO problem. Look at the videos on the net for proof there. The Deus goes as deep as any of their other units, and the XP max (I think it's called) goes deep. I've read too many accounts of the Dues getting targets (coin sized) at a 10" to a 12". It gets 7" or 8" in iron. It seems the unit is on another level as far as separation, which makes sense as the Euro detectors have lots more iron than most American locations (not to mention it's often bigger).

The Deus is not designed for Plowed ground, absolutely false. A lot of the hunting is there in England for sure, but there are lots and lots of unplowed fields full of iron. Understand something about the Deus, it's basically a few of their other detectors (via a program menu) but with newer electronics and a bit more power and separation capability (by this I mean it has more adjustability in those areas - more transmit power (really for the large coil) and incredibly high recovery speed (which I've never heard of anyone actually putting it at max as it would probably be too shallow).

I do hope that some more of these units make it to the states as I just want to see the technology get better. The nice thing about the Deus is that it is USB upgradable and the last upgrade seems to have increased it's performance every so slightly and also added some interesting features. (I am thinking of getting one, but am content with my Omega 8000 for now).
Earthman......Re: XP DEUS
April 15, 2011 08:28PM
Has anyone done a good field test on the Deus.....or something close to it? Maybe a video(s), that looks to be on the up & up. If so, could you post link(s) here. Thank you.
April 16, 2011 02:52AM
April 16, 2011 03:12AM
I would like to try the Deus at the 4khz setting for silver. If it has good depth at 4khz it should really hit the silver hard. Having 4 selectable frequencies to choose from would a delight for many different hunting scenarios. I guess only time will tell and hopefully they will live up to the expectations that the Europeans say they have. Happy hunting all..
April 16, 2011 08:06AM
My XP ADX 250 is 4khz it hits hard and no iron falsing at all. I tried air test on US quarter size silver coin, depth 39 cm is clear signal on 9inch coil. And add those wireless headphones its a sweet machine.
April 16, 2011 03:15PM
go-rebels Wrote:
> [www.youtube.com]
> =youtube_gdata_player

He was going to post his findings under Finds and the European forums, wonder what happened to the guy?
April 16, 2011 03:38PM
You see we are all ready for a new detector to use and test..but I think I will stick with Fisher and Tek...and see what the boys come out with next!

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 16, 2011 05:33PM
I've tried the deus and I'll be sticking with my standard F75.

Why?

...because the Deus is so light, yet the coil is heavy making it nose heavy and awkward on the wrist.

Also, here in the UK a lot of people that are using the new larger coil on the Deus are making mods by using stronger shafts from Whites etc.
April 22, 2011 10:07PM
I can give a prelim review of my experiences.

I've only been detecting regularly (2 hours daily) since 2007. Originally with the BH 3300 then Fisher F-4. The last two years I've been doing more wet sand with the White's Surfmaster PI.

Most of my hunting is Beach but I plan to enter the highly competitive (around here, anyway) turf hunting.

What attracted me about the Deus was the innovative package size and light weight. It'll fit in a larger back pack and sets up in seconds. I don't necessarily want the depth but will be pleased with anything more than the F-4 ...so I'm already pleased.

It has 9 pre-set programs which can run at 4 frequencies (4K, 8K, 12K 18K) plus many variables. There's a downloadable manual: [www.xpmetaldetectors.com] if you want to peruse the variables.

I'm practicing on the beaches and digging everything in order to learn the machine. I'm getting great depth in the dry sand to the point where it's a real pain to scoop with the regular 5" dry sand scoop. 80% of my targets require 2 or more scoop depth with occasional "expeditions" down to 12"+ depths.

I've setup a custom program from the UK ( Randy Dee's) which is supposed to maximize depth and I like it. I've buried a light (2 g) gold ring and a heavier (5g) gold ring to 8" depth. The heavy ring sang out like it was on the surface. The lighter ring sound weak but recognizable as a GOOD signal.

One of these days (soon, I hope) I will have the best (legendary and amazing) deep silver turf hunter flag me a few of his deepest signals (with the Minelab SE Pro) and we'll see how the Deus responds. Interestingly you can cycle through all 9 programs with a single button push and watch the response.

Oh, I did go and buy the larger coil, 13" X 11", versus 9" round for the smaller coil. Neither coil is too heavy and both balance well with the shaft. (I wanted the larger coverage).

I'm not especially out for finds right now but I have scored 4 silver dimes ..3 of which were Mercs and a few days ago pulled out a silver quarter '58 from my well pounded boater's beach.

Negatives:

In the beginning I was going crazy as it picked up every single piece of foil off the beach. My quandary was: is it something good that's deep or foil that's shallow? I discrimed out the foil at VDI of 33 as a solution. and I hope not too many gold rings. My lightest rings come in at over 35.

The sounds are rather unique and can get annoying. I try to run at sensitivity of at least 90 and that makes it worse.

For me ..a surprisingly steep learning curve to learn all the variables. It's easy to use the pre-set programs but I like the idea of maximization.

My dream machine has always been the F-75 but when I researched the Deus and after selling 11 gold rings decided Deus!

I'd like to recommend DigginNorway on Youtube as his experiences with the Deus helped me decide.

I'll be back soon with more concrete depth numbers (everyone's favorite question).

HH Joe
April 22, 2011 10:41PM
Thanks for the report, Joe. How did you feel about dealing with the company, were you pretty comfortable with them? Was it a fairly easy transaction? Also, how is the Deus handling EMI? Thanks.

Mark
April 22, 2011 11:30PM
thanks Joe, keep the info coming. I am still on the fence.

Tom in SC
April 24, 2011 09:42PM
Getting better with my Deus every day. I'm finding that I can predict coins rather easily now. Can slaw too is pretty easy BUT overlaps the GOOD ring range.

Pulled these 2 Silver dimes out of my local beach...depths not spectacular: 8" on the Merc and 5" on the rosie. Still..lots of fun getting Silver!

HH Joe
April 25, 2011 01:07AM
Great pics Dr Joe! Thanks!
Look's like a serious machine for sure I have had my eye on one for awhile
April 25, 2011 01:47AM
and would love to try one in this red clay and see what happen's....Still Vlf but would be fun to play with for sure......

I do believe wireless is the next logical step in detector design....they have pretty much got the wireless technology date transmission perfected and simplified ..Heck my TV is Wireless as is my Blueray player....I can surf the web and watch television through a small dongle on my TV linking to my wireless router and thats loads and load of data per second and it does not miss a beat........

My ultimate machine would be a true discriminating P.I....... lightning fast... 2 tone variable break point.... in a true wireless setup...It's coming ....You know it is.......One day!!!!

Detector company's are last to get the technological advancement's but thing's are being outdated so fast now we are starting to see some real technology trickle down into the detector's alot more quickly the xp is proof of this...

Keith
Re: Look's like a serious machine for sure I have had my eye on one for awhile
April 25, 2011 02:25PM
XP is a Great company to deal with. My initial inquiry was answered directly by the company owner, Alain with a complete price (substantially less than the retail in the UK, maybe because no distributor here yet?) delivery was free. I requested an invoice from Nathalie and it was done. I also requested to be on the waiting list for the larger coil and she contacted me as soon as my number came up.

After adding up the money I would get from the refinery for my "common" gold rings I was decided that an upgrade was the right move. I expect my gold ring recovery this summer to improve substantially.

HH Joe

PS: On the EMI question ... it's very stable. My White's PI and Fisher F-4 become almost unusable "under the pier" where there are electrical runs..the Deus does not even acknowledge a hum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2011 03:29PM by DrJoeprime.
Re: Look's like a serious machine for sure I have had my eye on one for awhile
April 25, 2011 08:51PM
Thanks again for the info. The Deus is starting to look pretty good.

Mark
April 27, 2011 10:26PM
I Joined the Deus forum and asked about the depth. Here are a coup[le of responses that I received. As you can read, it is still not know what the Deus can really do when it comes to depth.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Why all the fuss about depth when 90% plus of all finds come from the top 8".

We have had average sized livery buckles from 15" but the real strength of the Deus is its very fast recovery speed.

Used properly it will pull out finds that many other machines will miss.

Many of our club members are now getting rid of their multi frequency machines and the favourites now seem to be the Deus and the T2.Jerry."
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The depth bit is hard to answer as people tend to exagerate or err a bit with their judgement. I personally have not found anything mega deep but regular finds around 8 inches are common."

"For the US I would avoid the Deus

firstly last i heard it hadnt passed the radio emmisions tests to avoid interference with US military (that may have changed) and secondly will probably not be a) deep enough and b) discrim wont be as good as on e-trac for parks etc (In my Opinion)

Really a european ploughed field detector designed to get in amongst the nails for shallow targets!"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Personally I find the Deus and excellent park and coinshooting machine.

I know a couple of USA chaps have bought them and are very happy."