Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Fisher Manta

Posted by Frank in NH 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: New Fisher Manta
November 29, 2018 06:11PM
Amen, brother Keith!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
November 29, 2018 06:35PM
I will answer a few questions

on this spot, I immediately saw that the number of gold jewelry
would be exceptional
5 gold on the first tide
- the pig was the very first 18k Chinese zodiac probably

there was a lot of target, I took the option to dig everything
iron / aluminum, all the slightest sound

what allowed me to every tide,
to iron more and more end

some rings (gold) was just a breath
barely audible

all targets were output on the setting of 7us
sensitivity to the maximum
SAT at 20/30% == which imposes a very very slow sweeping

some numbers:
27 gold targets over 2 weeks

a BBS type ctx would have obtained between 5 and 10 golds
a tdi 14 volts between 10 and 15 golds
a deepstar III between 15 and 20 golds
I consider the gpx and gpz lower than the deepstar III
(on the beach, they make too much noise with the ground)

made the accounts

so yes: you have to dig
the photo of non-ferrous targets is the first week
a little less the second and add 3 times more iron and aluminum

the Fisher AQ offers the opportunity to cut the iron
= it is not an obligation

everything depends on the context of the beach
time you have
and especially your motivation

the lightest ring is 1 gr 18k
got on a more than light sound
I was not even sure there was a target
two gamate shots to really hang the sound .....

the mineral silence of AQ allows this feat

the only thing to remember is that gold is there
under your feet
the Fisher AQ will let you hear it
it's up to you to decide then, whether you go get it, or not ....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detector used : Fisher Aquamanta /

Pulsepower Goldscan 5c / Aquastar / Goldquest SSV3 / Nexus Coronado / Vista Gold
November 29, 2018 09:17PM
Kieth a lot of specialty’s...IE Dr. Now have branched out. The reason is they can teach them a certain field much faster.... so they have much more time to contribute to their field. Detectors would be the same. Dumbed down machines means We won’t see those improvements until the next version puts us several years down the road.

Looks like we have a new name?
November 29, 2018 10:03PM
This machine is far from dumbed down. There are no “bundles” of settings with cute names (or even obscure ones) where choosing the bundle resets all kinds of things either entirely invisible to the user or buried in menus (here’s looking at you ML or XP). Just some discrete controls which can be set wherever in their range that the user wishes.

The challenge to the user is to learn what each of them does and what effect an adjustment of one might have on the results and how another control should perhaps be adjusted to complement or compensate. The challenge to Fisher will be to produce clear documentation to help new users understand what the machine is, where it comes from and how to adjust it to get results in varying environments.

When LE.Jag states that various other machines would have gotten variously smaller numbers of the targets he recovered in the same situation, he is basing that on years of using Manta protos and having owned and/or used the other machines in question extensively, often in direct side-by side comparison with Manta.

27 gold targets over 2 weeks

a BBS type ctx would have obtained between 5 and 10 golds
a tdi 14 volts between 10 and 15 golds
a deepstar III between 15 and 20 golds
I consider the gpx and gpz lower than the deepstar III
(on the beach, they make too much noise with the ground)

P.S. When he says “lower” about the ML machines, he means lower target recovery numbers, not “deeper”.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
November 29, 2018 10:14PM
yes, I meant fewer targets

and I forgot to add
in iron rejection mode with Fisher AQ
I think I would have got between 15 and 20 gold targets

reject mode / even with a soft setting
cut a small nail or hairpin
causes a loss on the targets in acquisition limits

but even in this mode
you are even better than most detectors
on gold

Pulsepower Goldscan 5c / Aquastar / Goldquest SSV3 / Nexus Coronado / Vista Gold
November 29, 2018 10:35PM
So - Reject on - loss of edge cases and still.....15-20 targets recovered - still equals the fabled Deepatar! And the iron ID is just a tool to use - when you want.

Rick Kempf
November 29, 2018 10:40PM
Yes, please don't dumb it down. The media sensation that a full on high performance detector would create would be worth more than the sales of yet another easy to use detector.

You can make a separate beginners model if you like, but give us that advanced edge that will blow away the competition.

All I want this machine to do is identify ferrous while going extremely deep on non-ferrous. No speaker, no screen, just two tone ID and lots of knobs. Perfect.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2018 10:47PM by Badger in NH.
November 29, 2018 10:44PM
Badger - I think Fisher is going to make you a very happy man. In fact, I’m sure of it based on what you just posted.

Rick Kempf
November 29, 2018 10:50PM
Tom= Nice to have Our first world problems is it not..

I have to step back every once in awhile and take a deep breath...Things I think are so important to me because of my passion overrides my thought process...I seem to forget how lucky we really are.

Yes Thanksgiving just passed so I'm still in the spirit!LOL

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2018 11:49PM by Keith Southern.
November 29, 2018 11:35PM
Well, based on what LE.JAG has posted here today and the fact that I don't live anywhere near a beach...I still want a Fisher AQ or Aquamanta or whatever it is going to be called. This is going to be an amazing detector!hot smiley

Bill
Laporte, CO.
November 30, 2018 02:44AM
Cobill - Just the first of a series of machines - PI is underdeveloped and under appreciated - Alexandre - The Euroteam - Fisher are going to fix that.

Rick Kempf
November 30, 2018 03:42AM
The GPXs are loaded with options that can totally change the whole machine and thus you opened a can of worms there.

Off the top of my head, I would like to know:

1. What coil or coils were used with it? Mono or DD, and what size?
2. What where the settings? What timing? Sweep speed setting? Was iron disc used and if so, what level was it set to?
3. What version GPX?

The newer GPXs have a refinement for handling salt. The 5000 has a salt timing for working salt flats and wet sand beaches. The 4800 and 5000 also have the Coin/Relic timing which is suited for benign soil/sand sites like what you'll run into on a lot of beaches...it is essentially the equiv to running a TDI with the ground balance off and is the deepest timing on the unit. You can't run it everywhere like that but in places that you can, look out cause you are gonna dig deeep. The timing I like to run most of the time is Sens Extra found in the Special timings setting but that's for mopping up a site for relics...low conductors...which is what they use it for in the gold sites too.

Mono coils will go much deeper than their DD counterparts on the GPX but have more noise in high mineral, and you can't use the iron blank feature with the Mono coils. You still get the high or low tones though. Iron Blanking works to a degree on it, but using it will also cause you to blank out those really deep non ferrous targets. I see a lot of guys running them with that setting at the maximum...whereas I use very little. The sweep speed setting has a big impact on depth too. I never run mine above the Very Slow setting.
November 30, 2018 11:23AM
Well im hoping also this machine isnt $5000. I hear ya Badger....... my thoughts too. Bill..... i also agree with you..... who wants to not have one of these machines.... especially if you are near water. If the Manta wasnt coming....... how many would still jump on an Eric Foster tuned AquaStar rather they needed it or not?

Here in Fl i see a lot of hunter. Like Jag said some have "acquisition limits" they hunt only for the easy recent drops and cover a lot of beach fast. I find myself in that category as well if there isnt many targets. Taking the time working an area with limited targets can produce. This machine seems to offer more target disc options than most PIs which can help when time is limited. Now will this change the thinking of what machine to use...... VLF or PI....not for everyone and of course not everyone wants to hunt small gold either. That can be another advantage...... maybe a big advantage with this machine...... even if others are using it.
November 30, 2018 01:45PM
LE.JAG’s claims of the effectiveness of the Manta vs. various other detectors are likely based on a combination of his use of some of these machines in his own hunting and serious head-to-head comparisons during the long process of developing the Manta.

I have no knowledge of how the GPX that the team has tested was set up, but their aim was clearly to baseline their machine against every other credible alternative, There is the possibility that a GPX using a different coil and with different settings would have given better results than LE.JAG and the team have obtained.

The limitation of the GPX seems to have been noise. I expect that an experienced PI designer like Alexandre and user such as LE.JAG would try and wring out the best possible performance from all of the detectors that they ran the Manta against; The point of their testing has always been to perfect their machine - they were not doing research for advertising brochures or sales literature. Ensuring that they have squeezed the best performance out of the comparison machines would be a high priority.

The great advantage of the Manta is its incredible quietness. Especially in all metal, it is beautifully smooth with ablsolitely minimum ground or internal noise. This equals great depth on all size targets whether they are more shallow small ones or really deep larger ones. Add to that a relatively small number of clearly labeled and described controls and the result is an easy to use but extremely powerful

The GPX is a perfect example of a detector which has the sort of settings which invoke a “bundle” of changes which modify or invoke/cancel internal operating characteristics of the detector. This approach is used in a lot of machines to enable users to modify the devices response to changing conditions. In some cases the user can dig down into menus and modify the individual variables by setting discrete controls for them. In the case more heavily software driven detectors, some of the variables are in fact controlled by software routines invisible and undisclosed to the operator.

One result of this approach is the endless quest by users to obtain special “programs” from expert users. This gives rise to chronic anxiety. Do I have the right coil? Do I have the right program? Have I tweaked the right discrete settings in the right way? That is a REAL can of worms.

In any case, even if the GPX 5000 proved to have more useful performance than a Manta in salt water through some combination of settings and coil, it’s hard to believe that many folks would be willing to even go wading with that heavy and very expensive machine, relatively cumbersome, totally unprotected against water and salt spray.

When the new Fisher machine hits the market, there will doubtless folks who get hold of one and make videos comparing it to all kinds of detectors. I’m pretty sure I know how the wet salt beach comparisons will go. Doubtless other folks will do inland comparisons. Those will be more interesting considering that this AquaManta based machine is definitely NOT designed for inland use.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2018 01:51PM by lytle78.
November 30, 2018 07:35PM
You wont see any videos from me Rick.... im going to hunt with that baby. Man.... a smooth quiet machine in the water...... that works for me.

You have to admit thou Rick....... having these forums with so many people with various skills we get a lot of information on how to use a new machine. Be it right or wrong.......i sure remember when you got a machine and many had no idea if it was even running right. There was a longer learning curve sometimes before that light bulb went off. .... or you ran into someone who KNEW the machine. My problem is always the placebo affect.......takes some time to weed out the want to bes...... from those who are giving it to you straight. Detectors aint cheap ...... so you kind of want to make sure its what you need BEFORE ASKING THE WIFE LOL.
November 30, 2018 10:11PM
lytle78 Wrote:

Cobill - Just the first of a series of machines -PI is underdeveloped and under appreciated - Alexandre - The Euroteam - Fisher are going to fix that

Yes Rick time to MOVE ON!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 12, 2019 12:51PM
Hi,

Mike, who was in Germany was stolen some photos....

as they will go around the world quickly

that's it, the one you're waiting for winking smiley

[hobby-detecting.ru]

March 12, 2019 01:12PM
I LIKE ALREADY

Very cool how you’ll be able to disc out coins and larger targets and still get lower conductors.

$2k - $2500k....not bad. Dew, I don’t have a wife to ask....LOL

Not that it matters (to me), but kind of unusual it only goes 1 meter...

BRING IT

Aaron
March 12, 2019 01:54PM
Here’s an image from the website along with the text in English - via google treanslate - One note of my own. The adjustment in point 3. Below is “Iron Mask” adjustment which is the key to the iron ID via tones or silencing.

Fisher Impulse AQ - a new pulse metal detector with metal discrimination! (New 2019, first photos!) BY DETECTORIST · 03/12/2019

Yes, friends, it happened! Fisher Lab has announced its new product - the Fisher Impulse AQ metal detector! A fundamentally new development and, it seems, a revolutionary device in the world of metal detectors.  It was not possible to test much of the novelty, it was hidden at the Fisher Lab stand at IWA Outdoors 2019. Fishers do not like to shout much, but this is what I found out:

1. The novelty is a pulse device, but with discrimination of ferrous metal and gold. Designed specifically to find gold jewelry and small gold chains and earrings. Since this is a pulse device, it will work without problems on any beaches.

2. So far, the metal detector is at the final tests stage, the appearance and some characteristics may change.

3. The metal detector has several search modes - you can shift the detection of the conductivity of metals, for example: you can move the detection towards poorly conducted metals (fine gold) and at the same time eliminate highly conductive targets (large coins of silver and copper), and vice versa - look for large targets and cut off weakly conductive. 

4. Tonality: in the “all metals” mode - one tone, then there is the “2 tones” mode and the “mute” mode. 

5. The device is assembled from high-strength components, it can be seen through the cable thickness, and through a capacious battery, along the coil connector (the largest connector of all seen!) The metal detector is waterproof up to 1 meter - work up to your neck and lift gold just right.

6. Unusual and mounting the coil to the rod, also a novelty, not seen before.

7. Battery life up to 10 hours. You can connect a larger battery and increase the operating time up to 20 hours.

8. Yes, there is no screen on the device. And why is the screen needed? All the necessary settings are there - volume, threshold tone, iron mask, saturation mode. You can change modes, check the battery level, cut off the noise.

9. Pulse devices have always had a problem - no discrimination. Now the problem is solved and this means that you can walk in all places as if not knocked out.

10. Price. In the region of 2100-2500 US dollars. New technologies cost money, yes, but they also bring an advantage over all other metal detectors.

11. Soon there will be models for searching for gold nuggets, as well as for searching for coins and relics. 

12. To the touch the weight is about 1.6-1.8 kg, the balancing is not bad, the device does not pull towards the coil.  My first testing showed that the trash and other targets cut off the sound with a bang, and the gold ring on the finger is very beautiful and pleasant in all positions of the ring! Such a signal is not to be confused with anything.  Well, the first tests will show, the first impression is very pleasant and interesting, waiting for more news!  Video on the metal detector will be very soon, wait!

Rick Kempf
March 12, 2019 02:08PM
Let me know, I'm ready to order right now?
March 12, 2019 02:14PM
Please, let’s not hear any complaining about price.

After all, you don’t want everyone to have one do you?

And....I wonder what MineLab’s thoughts are?

Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2019 02:24PM by Aaron.
March 12, 2019 02:23PM
#11...says...SOON!!!!....HOW SOON.
March 12, 2019 02:28PM
Being that all the tooling is done and a nearl finished product is very exciting. A couple of weeks ago I was losing hope, thought they were scraping it.

It’s gotta be coming out before the summer, I hope.

Aaron
March 12, 2019 02:32PM
That coil cable out in front looks like it'll not retract back upon the coil and detect itself? First time seeing that.

Original thinking in the coil to shaft arrangement but I can't help thinking it might cause breakages down the road? The 'hollow circle' - is that to help 'sink' it?

What you think Dew? Will it hold up in the Gulf in winter waves? What's the coil? A DD, CC or 'something New?'

A lot of cables to worry about and maintain waterproofing...it'll be vital to wash this one down after EVERY salt immersion!

I like the look of it and look fwd to some User reports?
On Sale when?
Price? Can't afford that right now!
March 12, 2019 02:55PM
The clevis type attachment at the coil is quite robust and has positive internal detents to fix the coil at the chosen angle to the shaft without the need to overtighten the bolts to prevent “coil flop” The connectors are all very high quality and will likely prove robust in service.

Don’t ask me how I know.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2019 03:01PM by lytle78.
March 12, 2019 02:57PM
I want 1 or 2 ,been following the project since 2014

RR
March 12, 2019 03:12PM
That coil, and the clevis arrangement look ugly, and not at all hydro-dynamic. I would've thought that would be an important aspect of the design for a machine that has water-hunting users as it's target market.
Probably quite strong, though.
March 12, 2019 03:33PM
Looks good! Not really a beach hunter (yet) but it'll be interesting to see how it does.

I'm sure MD-HUNTER will be along to plagiarize your photos and write-up soon - lol
March 12, 2019 03:34PM
Here’s a better view of the attachment (note that in this picture the bolts are inserted from the wrong side - bolt goes on from the outside, nut on the inside).

The relatively low attachment “collar” on the coil top presents perhaps less hydro drag than the usual “ears”. The clevis on the rod is not massive either, so I expect the total drag would not be noticeably (if any) higher . The bit of cardboard is packing material.

Rick Kempf
March 12, 2019 04:37PM
Not a fan of the cable being in front..... but i see there could be problems reversing it. Des....that depends on how much give those coil connectors have. Pretty thin.... and if they are plastic.... sun and salt over times makes plastic brittle. Chest deep in a wet suits bobbing for apples out there....people tend to use the dang shaft to stabilize themselves... bad habit but we do it ....that twists the shaft in ways not intended and can break a coil ear. It will be interesting to see what kind of drag that coil design has. At least the shaft seems thin enough to reduce water drag which is where MOST of the drag comes from anyway. I REALLY LIKE the box..... i was thinking something likes whites when they said box. This is a nice functional look. So are the batteries in the handle or box? Damn i hate everyone using those crappy locks when we have seen REAL improvement that surely would impress and work better. Is it an aluminum shaft? Looks like we can dump the 3 piece and slide in a straight shaft with counter weight (im hoping..... are you watching Steve?). I hope they learned from ML about a 3 piece and wiggle because torque in the water will soon tell. If they are smart ..... they will offer a straight shaft as an accessory. Something ML should have done. 1 meter seems good to go for the average beach guy. Im not a fan of the S shaft...... but it appears to be a good way to act as a cable releaf closer to the connector that a straight shaft would be.

"New technologies cost money, yes, but they also bring an advantage over all other metal detectors." True....BUT ML did it at 1/3 of their CTX top of the line detector. Aaron...... no wife here either.......most of us that put in a lot of beach time may cry like you are beating our dog, but we know water machines pay for themselves. ML got it for the unique design and ability of the CTX....... likely Fisher will too.

I really appreciate the photos you two. Answers a LOT of questions.