Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Fisher Manta

Posted by Frank in NH 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: New Fisher Manta
March 22, 2019 08:33PM
goldenretriever Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> After 3rd day of research
>
> Here 1150 USD in 3 days (reselling value of the 18
> K au by the weight)
>
> Unfortunately he did not find coins, no US n
> ickel in addition! (laughs) ;-))

>
> its motto : Find gold and do not dig the rest…
>
> All the targets are placed on the hard bottom of t
> he beach between 40 and 50cm and they cannot go do
> wn any further.
> Denis chose these beaches for that. The competitio
> n is out at this level of depth
>
> I will keep you informed of the continuation, he i
> s at the beach until Sunday! wait a
> nd se (a)

>
>

can you tell denis to let some i case i get one ...
March 22, 2019 09:21PM
I hope I can send you another photo tomorrow, that would mean he found something ....eye rolling smiley
March 23, 2019 08:37AM
The videos are onfortunately no longer available. Reason?
March 23, 2019 10:04AM
I'm working on the videos, I'll publish them again a little later before launching...
I do not know the release date yet...

wilci Wrote:
> The videos are onfortunately no longer available.
> Reason?
March 23, 2019 08:17PM
New picture today (after 4 days) 1.52 oz
The saga continues…

Last day tomorrow

March 23, 2019 08:57PM
What country are you hunting in? Can't be in the USA lol
March 23, 2019 10:43PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2019 02:05PM by dewcon4414.
March 23, 2019 11:00PM
France / French
March 24, 2019 08:02AM
Good to have u here Alexander, especial for some of us who follow the project from when he become public.
I was wondering why u chose 18650 battery pack since they don't support fast charge over custom build battery pack, and answer come quickly
there is no fast charging waterproof connectors. Designing these fast charging will open new possibilities in future , like applying bigger battery pack. Other then that i see new challenges for recovering such deep targets in shallow water with sand bottom , which will require some proper scope design and size, and physical and digging technique improvements as well.
Do u use some specialized scopes for recovery of deep targets in water?
March 24, 2019 11:51AM
ShovelNose Wrote:
> What country are you hunting in? Can't be in the U
> SA lol

France got gold jewerly prior 90 , you will have way more succes in the us as in france people dont wear this kind of jewerly anymore, except on some really rich beach like canne or deauville for exemple which cater international crowd.
March 24, 2019 01:30PM
Interesting thing about choosing the battery to be external to the waterproof detector itself. It becomes modular. Given the right connector, you can hook any battery pack to it you want. Large, small whatever. Of course the headphone output comes from the unit to the battery pack and then to the headphone connector, but that can be a plus also - the wireless connection can be incorporated in a custom battery pack.

Lots of scope for innovation and customization.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
March 24, 2019 01:47PM
A empty small battery pack (3500 mah) charge in 2 hours in half maximum

I chose the format 18650 because it is this type of batteries that evolve technologically faster and with a better price.

Yes it's sure ! it's a new challenges for recovering such deep targets in shallow water with quicksand without being able to touch the bottom.

We must choose beaches in consequence

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2019 02:09PM by goldenretriever.
March 24, 2019 02:00PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2019 02:05PM by dewcon4414.
March 24, 2019 02:24PM
For the production, the headphone connector have 5 pins (on the left with a back view)

For the production, connexion between shaft and battery have 4 pins (on the right)

And you plug your charger on the right.
March 24, 2019 02:33PM
Here the coil connector M16 !

OBN
March 24, 2019 03:55PM
goldenretriever,

Thanks for sharing this information, it will make it easier to adapt our own add on's in the future.
March 24, 2019 04:02PM
Wow! I go on vacation for a week (Gatlinburg & Ashville)…… and the forum starts spinning! Soooo...…. let me attempt to add my rifling gyroscopic precession-stabilization techniques & notes..... hoping to put a few things 'at bay'. For the record:

* "Passion" certainly has caused the full-spectrum of emotions on this potential new product. (This is not a bad thing; rather, a tremendous tool for 'gauging' and measuring: INTEREST).
* No. I do not have a Impulse AQ.
* As crazy as it may sound...… it would not pose a C.O.I. (Conflict Of Interest)... in regards to the Tarsacci. …… if I were to post 'data' about the Impulse.
* I believe Carl has intents of getting a 'polished' Impulse in my hands..... in time.
* I doubt FTP would tie my hands …. as to 'what' I could say..... or not say. They've never tied my hands in the past.... (once a product was released). This has been a major attribute to FTP, me, and all consumers. (Hence.... the premise of this forum).
* No. Alexandre did not ask my permission to post; yet/however: He is a CDE with technological advancement passion...… and not exactly a 'salesman'. NASA is all about: Advancement of Human Kind. So...…. Alexandre is a 'technological advancement' engineer/scientist/physicist; therefore, he is welcomed. >>> Guys..... do NOT slap a gift-horse in the mouth. This forum... and the CDE's, DE's and Mfr's that are on this forum.... is your segue/gateway to "DIRECT INPUT". Honor it. Do not attack it. To the best of my knowledge.... this is the only forum that fully instills the: First Amendment. Do not taint-then-shatter the First Amendment. >>> INTELLIGENCE. ADVANCEMENT.

(I'm out of typing time).
cdv
March 24, 2019 04:03PM
OBN.....a welcome addition to the forum....nice to see you here!

Cliff
March 24, 2019 04:25PM
Thanks Tom.

Rick Kempf
March 24, 2019 04:34PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> Interesting thing about choosing the battery to be
> external to the waterproof detector itself. It be
> comes modular. Given the right connector, you can
> hook any battery pack to it you want. Large, small
> whatever. Of course the headphone output comes fro
> m the unit to the battery pack and then to the hea
> dphone connector, but that can be a plus also - th
> e wireless connection can be incorporated in a cus
> tom battery pack.
>
> Lots of scope for innovation and customization.

I like the way you think!
March 24, 2019 05:19PM
goldenretriever Wrote:
> France / French

If you are finding that much gold on France's beaches, I am moving there.
March 24, 2019 05:27PM
NASA Tom -- You were in my neck of the woods! Wish I would have known, I could have given you a good list of places and things to do that are great and not as touristy as the mainstream places!!

I agree 110% about what you said in regard to not slapping a gift horse in the mouth. Unfortunately, that is exactly what seems to happen just about every time one of them makes an attempt to post on the forums. Instead of being an interested customer to a new product, some take on the mentality that they are being pitched the opportunity to buy the company itself when these people start posting on the forum/forums, and that everything that is done with said product/products must meet THEIR guidelines and approval. It is a behavior I have never understood.
March 24, 2019 05:44PM
Well stated Tom. thumbs down

El
March 24, 2019 06:26PM
DTn - nicely put.

Rick Kempf
Re: New Fisher Manta Don't knock a detector until you have walked a mile behind it!
March 25, 2019 01:15AM
Let's judge the Impulse, (and pretty much any dtector), after performing objective testing for enough time to gain a useful level of knowledge to form an opinion.
Re: New Fisher Manta Don't knock a detector until you have walked a mile behind it!
March 25, 2019 01:54AM
Daniel Tn...…. I nearly gave you a holler … just before deploying up to TN; yet, when I'm on Family Vacation; I am incarcerated/house-arrest (Westgate Resort) …. by my kids. They would NEVER let me 'do my own thing(s)'! If I were on business...… that's an entirely different ball game. I (badly) wanted to do a EQX vs MDT head-to-head in TENN dirt...… but...…. once again...… kids-arrest. (((Tuckaleechee Caverns.... spectacular!))).

It is in the "EXTREME" hunger...… for a new (Revolutionary) product …………………………………………… whereby.... folks will: badly hunger for data...….. up to (and including)...….. FIGHT for more/more/more... data. MOST Mfr's are aware of this; yet, there may be a few....whereby..... proverbial 'toes' get stepped on.
March 25, 2019 01:57AM
Very nice Tom, welcome back!

Aaron

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
March 25, 2019 02:29AM
Now it’s calmed down. We want the nearly impossible - game changing technical advancement in a technology that seems to be hammering at the iron gates of physics with tiny hammers (small businesses with relatively tiny R&D budgets trying to crack the tough problems of extracting useful information from the milliwat signals induced in targets in the earth - while tryoing to find geniuses to do this when the high tech industry is hungry for such talent with giant purses...

Poor us - impatient but hopeful......

Rick Kempf
March 25, 2019 11:41AM
Let’s see.
We have social media. We have this forum and others that talk about detecting and detectors.
We have YouTube video that’s not hard to do. Even I can do. Lol

So we have some folks (Engineers) who some of at least do detect too. They have experience using other PI units made by Fisher previously and other manufacturers.

So now comes the Impulse AQ.
It undoubtably takes a lot of money, time, effort to bring a detector to market.

Who in their right mind would try and bring such a detector with the price tag it will likely carry that just imitates or mirrors previously released detector PI model(s) ?
If this were done it would be a total failure. Such a detector in today’s world would be exposed QUICK for what it is !!

As far as being critical about a new coming release.
Ok by me but do so by intellectual curiosity keeping more of the broader detecting community in mind that would use the detector for its intended purpose.

We have actually seen on this VERY forum where questions asked by folks here or pointing out a reasonable concern where a manufacturer has indeed followed up and made change(s).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2019 11:43AM by tnsharpshooter.
March 25, 2019 03:01PM
I’m not sure if it’s just me or maybe there’s others here that feel the same as myself, So I will say it.

First off, to be clear, I am wishing FTP everything they deserve with regards to the IMPULSE project. I hope it works EXACTLY as they say and will perform up to the expectations of those who invest in it.

However saying that, those of us who have been detecting for decades have seen machines hyped up before release, only to be disappointed. I feel it’s really no different regarding the IMPULSE with the YouTube people and various testers showing handfuls of gold, laying out over the IMPULSE coil ect. Even going to far as to saying “I’m finding gold everyday!” “It’s that’s easy!” ect.

Now really, those of us that have been water hunting for decades, really KNOW how difficult it REALLY is... to find gold.

How many of us drive at least 1 hour to the beach or lake and only end up leaving w only clad or even that! I know I’m not the only one thinking this as it seems a lot of the other serious water hunters are quiet.

I was thinking last week about this, throughout history gold has always had that effect on people and so does greed. I call it “visions of Eldorado”. I’d like to say to those who are new to water hunting or thinking of getting into it, and ready dish your hard earned $$$$, just because of this new machine, be careful.

In conclusion one last thing to note is, why doesn’t anyone seem to be concerned that Tom hasn’t received one of this machines yet?

I personally will NOT purchase a IMPULSE until Tom has done a field report on one.

Aaron

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2019 03:04PM by Aaron.