Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Fisher Manta

Posted by Frank in NH 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: New Fisher Manta
March 25, 2019 03:32PM
Aaron. Well stated. Lord knows there have been enough pictures of piles of loot published in manufacturer’s sales literature, treasure magazines, forums and YouTube to make us all tired of seeing it. Also, Tom’s opinion of a detector carries a lot of weight with folks here.

There is one thing worth mentioning about pictures of gold found with the Manta however.

The pictures of gold found with the Impulse are pictures of gold found by one person. The person in question is the same guy who has been the chief field tester for the Manta Project design team for at least 5 years. He has posted images of his finds, along with other posts on several forums for years. He posts as LE.JAG. His name is Denis (pronounced de-née in French) - I don’t know his last name. Alexandre Tartar - the Designer of the Manta (an therefore Impulse AQ) - who has posted here as “goldenretriever” for the last week or so including pictures of Denis finds.

I think it was in the interest of supporting the claim that this device enables the recovery of items not “seen” by previous machines such as FBS/BBS types, CZ’s or less powerful PI’s and those with no iron ID. I think it’s a claim which will require documented field experience from many experienced users. I see Alexandre’s posts as a start in that direction - but only a start.

I don’t Think Denis or Alexandre ever claimed that it was easy. I also am not aware that anyone else has posted a video or picture of gold found with the Manta. In fact, none of the 3 or 4 videos which exist on YouTube of the Manta show any gold being found, although some show the detection of purposely buried gold jewelry or coins to demonstrate features of the detector.

As far as Tom testing it - I’m sure that will happen - when it will happen and when we will hear about it - whether prior to release of after - nobody here knows.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2019 03:36PM by lytle78.
March 25, 2019 04:00PM
When a major detector manufacturer hasn’t had a release in a long while, I think this puts added attention on a model they do eventually release.
So a lot of eyes and ears will be on Impusle AQ and First Texas.
Critical eyes and ears too.
I think they know this.
And this being a more expensive PI unit with some waterproofing just adds to the attention given.

I am sure First Texas wants a SMOOTH release.
There will have to be some logistics in place too before release. This is not a small task either.
Repair facility, qualified/trained folks to service, spare parts and additional ancillary items for folks to buy later and use with detector.
We still haven’t seen User’s Manual yet either. These things need to be correct too and be in-depth enough to get folks pointed in right direction.

Some actual internet site work has to be done too.

I am sure the wheels are turning at First Texas.
I wish them a great roll out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2019 04:01PM by tnsharpshooter.
March 25, 2019 04:04PM
Rick,

Thank you for your response.

With all due RESPECT Sir, I’d like to point out that LEJAG has made many claims regarding all the gold he’s finding.

I’m NOT questioning that he found it either. I’m stating a fact.

Also, the HunterGT made the statement: “Snap it’s that easy!”

Those are VERY strong words by a person who LITERALLY tested a IMPULSE....and WITH NO EXPERIENCE WITH A PULSE INDUCTION MACHINE.

What is being implied here? Anyone can do it....?

Ok, forget about all that.

Ask yourselves this.....WHY would FTP send someone a pulse induction machine, with NO experience, but NOT send one to Tom (w/decades of experience) FIRST, especially with all the involvement Tom had in this project.

Or...what about some of our other big water hunters like Dew, Steve or Terry in Hawaii?

I think Alexandre Tartar and LEJAG can answer that question.....

Respectfully,

Aaron

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2019 06:49PM by Aaron.
March 25, 2019 04:38PM
"Ask yourselves this.....WHY would FTP send someone a pulse induction machine, with NO experience, but NOT send one to Tom (w/decades of experience) FIRST, especially with all the involvement Tom had in this project. "

Why would I ask myself about something like this?

Relax, relax, relax, give a break, let it go and be surprised. cool smiley
March 25, 2019 04:45PM
I think I can answer the “Ask yourselves this...” question you posed.

THGT and I (and perhaps others who I do not know about) received the same detector in succession in order to test a variety of headphones - this was the only reason we got the detector. No other testing was requested and we were given no instructions on operation of the Impulse AQ.

THGT has described his use of it to actually detect. I also used it for two days in San Diego. We wer only allowed a couple of days too complete our testing. We were NOT FIELD TESTERS of the AQ in any sense of the word.

THGT got lucky and found a gold ring - big deal. I found nothing but some spare change.

Field testing is normally done in two phases. The first and normally earliest phase is engineering field testing. Detailed test program instructions are given and detailed feedback is provided. This is all done under NDA and normally the NDA is permanent.

The second type of field testing is referred to as “marketing” field testing. Examples are sent to individuals whose experience with the machine is expected to be shared publicly. Traditionally this sharing is done after release although that can also occurr prior to release as in the case of the Equinox.

What actual field testing FT has conducted or planned prior to release, I have no knowledge of, nor do I know who might be involved in either type of field testing FT chooses to do. Whether Tom will be involved or not I do not know. I would expect that all decisions about that will be made by First Texas’ Marketing department headed by Tim Mallory, VP of Marketing and Sales, in consultation with their Engineering Department as required. LE.JAG who is the development field tester for the EuroTeam group who developed the Manta will likely have nothing to do with it.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2019 04:52PM by lytle78.
March 25, 2019 05:27PM
This gent here in this link may know something about field testing process involving a metal detector.

[www.tekneticsdirect.com]
March 25, 2019 05:50PM
March 25, 2019 05:52PM
common point ? : all bald ! smoking smiley
March 25, 2019 07:21PM
goldenretriever Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> common point ? : all bald ! smoking smiley

side effect of the pulse grinning smiley

6 days go to the beach
on the big tides / coeficient of 115

some nice finds at the bottom of the foreshore

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detector used : Fisher Aquamanta /

Pulsepower Goldscan 5c / Aquastar / Goldquest SSV3 / Nexus Coronado / Vista Gold
March 25, 2019 07:32PM
March 25, 2019 10:09PM
It's good to put some faces with the names. Thanks.

El
March 26, 2019 06:23AM
Looking at the size of Denis's arms, you can tell that he has been digging very deep holes to get the gold.
March 26, 2019 01:12PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2019 02:00PM by dewcon4414.
March 26, 2019 01:25PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> Soooo are we going to be able to hunt near another
> person? If not are we going to really be dislike
> when we show up at the beach?

Haha good! Keep those damn "jump in front" guys back up in the dry sand. I have a serious hate for someone watching me hunt and jumping into my lane because he sees me digging.
March 26, 2019 01:52PM
Hello , i have some questions for Alexandre golden retriever

Is he sensitive to EMI?
More or less than a VLF like equinox ?

I do not read anything about aluminum?

By changing the delay or making any adjustment there is the possibility of eliminating some small alu ?

Is it possible to a little 'identify the pulltab by the sound ?

Or he is not at all for that?

Will the fisher AQ be delivered everywhere at the same time?

Will we have it later in France or the same as in the USA?

The prices will be the same in Europe as in the USA ?

Merci
March 26, 2019 08:16PM
Is he sensitive to EMI?
More or less than a VLF like equinox ?

Much less than an equinox.

I do not read anything about aluminum?

Everything depends on the aluminium, the aluminium is found on all the scale of the conductivities.

By changing the delay or making any adjustment there is the possibility of eliminating some small alu ?

NO the same for VLF and BBS.

Is it possible to a little 'identify the pulltab by the sound ?
Or he is not at all for that?

YES Le.Jag gets there even in any metal with experience.

Will the fisher AQ be delivered everywhere at the same time?

I dont know.

Will we have it later in France or the same as in the USA?

I dont know.

The prices will be the same in Europe as in the USA ?

I dont know, there are certainly price differences related to the import fees that resellers have.
March 26, 2019 10:07PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2019 02:01PM by dewcon4414.
cdv
March 26, 2019 10:45PM
Dew, you are just gonna need a bigger hole..... :-)
March 26, 2019 11:04PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> Is this a mono coil? Big coil which surely has a
> pretty good magnetic foot print.....so does it hav
> e a hot spot for PPing? Chest deep.....I can’t ge
> t that coil in the hole so how much trouble will P
> Ping be?

the coil leaned on the side makes Pping
the advantage of the PI / which is almost static ........
March 26, 2019 11:56PM
I’m trying to picture me doing that IN the water. So the only way to PP with some accuracy is turning the coil on edge. So once on edge ...do you wiggle the coil back toward you like with a DD.....which is pretty simple and accurately the tip. Hoping Alexandre gets his wish of a smaller coil....looking for a 9” myself.
OBN
March 27, 2019 12:10AM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> I’m trying to picture me doing that IN the water.
> So the only way to PP with some accuracy is turnin
> g the coil on edge. So once on edge ...do you wig
> gle the coil back toward you like with a DD.....wh
> ich is pretty simple and accurately the tip. Hopi
> ng Alexandre gets his wish of a smaller coil....lo
> oking for a 9” myself.

Smaller for sure, 10..9...8, very hard to PP deep targets in chest deep waters with big coils and deep hole. I do think we can figure out the Hot spot by using a audiosears 2463 speaker sizing up the transmit field.
March 27, 2019 12:33AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2019 02:01PM by dewcon4414.
March 27, 2019 01:08AM
Dew...… I can answer a couple of your questions.

Yes...… it's a mono coil
It pinpoints dead-center of the coil

(((No...…. I do not have one))).
March 27, 2019 01:50AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2019 02:02PM by dewcon4414.
March 27, 2019 10:59AM
Dew...…. that question is going to need to be deferred to Alexandre and/or Carl...for the correct answer.
March 27, 2019 01:08PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2019 02:03PM by dewcon4414.
March 27, 2019 02:19PM
And that as they say is the $64,000 question...

Aaron

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2019 02:26PM by Aaron.
March 27, 2019 03:26PM
Aaron
Also, the HunterGT made the statement: “Snap it’s that easy!”

Those are VERY strong words by a person who LITERALLY tested a IMPULSE....and WITH NO EXPERIENCE WITH A PULSE INDUCTION MACHINE.

What is being implied here? Anyone can do it....?

It was sarcasm. Those are literally NOT very strong words as I did not capitalize or bold them. Pretty sure I placed a spinning smiley after those words. Not everything is a clue with hidden meaning, and my words should not be taken as such.

However, yes, I will imply that it "can be" just that easy, as even my 67 old mother found gold her very first day detecting. Metal detecting is not brain surgery. Yes, anybody can do it and be successful.

Aaron
WHY would FTP send someone a pulse induction machine, with NO experience, but NOT send one to Tom (w/decades of experience) FIRST, especially with all the involvement Tom had in this project.

As Rick and I have explained (a few times now)...we did not test the unit itself. Rick most likely got one as he has a healthy understanding of PI and the audio behind it. I got one, as I test for 3 different companies based on my credentials, passion for the hobby, and way of explaining things (via spoken or written word).

It has been mentioned to me by X company, that some of the smartest minds in the hobby who help test, can barely write a coherent sentence when they turn in their paperwork. Therefore, they like to have a broad variety of people turning in their opinions. YouTubers - writers - electronics guys - audio guys - etc.

It may be a "revolutionary" arm cuff that may never see the light of day. Or a wild LCD screen layout that is strictly a prototype and 5 years off still. Sometimes it will be a design thing....an electronics thing...an ergo thing. It is not always about the "as a whole" outlook. It is often broken down into smaller bits.

I would personally prefer the hyper-intelligent guys like Tom...Denis...Alexandre...Dave...Carl...were spending time on the meat and potatoes...while we idiots test the side dishes.

Don't get me wrong. Often, it is the whole detector they want us to test before production starts in full. But in this case - that was not the case.

As to the why or why not FTP sends anything to anybody...I don't cash checks that make those types of decisions.

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]
March 27, 2019 06:41PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2019 02:03PM by dewcon4414.
March 27, 2019 09:30PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> But in this case.....we have a machine ...a beach
> machine, seems like we could get some good info fr
> om a very talented beach/guru. Also, what if Tom
> notes something....missed by the average tester/hu
> nter. Beats doing repairs.....think ATPro...CTX.
> ...
>
> Me....I’m just read to dig some holes in the wet s
> and with that 7uS

I think we are getting that (good info) in the form of Denis and Alexandre. They are pretty smart cookies and are sharing more info than I have seen in any previous release. Obviously, they are not PI stupid (and no I'm not saying you said that).

That is not to besmirch Tom's good name. But he is human - and obviously like Tom - Denis and Alexandre are not "average" when it comes to this sort of stuff if FTP are giving them the reigns.

My assumption...whatever it is they need from Tom...is probably more into chalkboard equations and engineering trade secret territory. That is probably stuff they don't want him to talk about...ever. (Did you read his Equinox report? Yeah, neither did I.)

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]