Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Fisher Manta

Posted by Frank in NH 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: New Fisher Manta
December 01, 2019 12:08AM
A few years ago, Alexandre revealed some technical details about the innards of the original 'big box' Manta, and it didn't sound cheap ... multiple microprocessors, four-layer circuit board, difficult to construct/adjust fast coil. Then add the cost of re-developing it to make it mass-produceable, compact, rugged, waterproof etc. Then consider that it's a niche machine, so sales volumes will be lower than a lot of other high-end machines.

I think your 'conversion' from Euro to US Dollar is flawed, though. It's US made, so will be cheaper in the US, and be hit by tarriffs duties and taxes galore in Europe. A figure nearer 2000-2200 US Dollars is probably what it will sell for, I'm sure the actual figure will be available soon, I'm just idly speculating...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2019 12:22AM by Pimento.
December 01, 2019 01:02AM
Looks like they deleted the post for some reason. At least I got to read it while it was up. It didn't say much. Basically, a shop in France is taking pre-orders with no release date yet and it gave a price in Euros which I can't remember.

Converting the price from Euros to US dollars won't equate to the actual retail price in the US. It doesn't work that way. Prices can vary from country to country for many reasons. They don't use a conversion rate. It's all about demand. The US msrp will likely be considerably less than the conversion price. I've seen this on many products.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2019 12:40PM by Badger in NH.
December 01, 2019 01:08AM
Maybe he wasnt supposed to talk about pricing yet

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

======================================================
OBN
December 01, 2019 03:05AM
Christmas is coming........NW winds are blowing..water is low..sometimes...sand is moving........And the good................. no one local can handle the cold till June.............would be nice to have a 6 month jump on my competition. I've even started marking the Hot Spots...Come on "AQ"

Blood Member of RingKeepers
2020......Gold Rings....73....Misc Gold 1 .......Silvers ...110

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2019 05:15AM by OBN.
OBN
December 01, 2019 04:54AM

December 01, 2019 11:01AM
So im assuming around $2700 MSRP .... selling price near $2000 IM HOPING. BUT...... wheres the HYPE??? Id think that would come MONTHS before release ....... so we just got coal in our Christmas socks. Seems to still be guessing without Fisher saying anything..... THATS who i want to see post.
December 01, 2019 12:30PM
The Euro msrp has absolutely nothing to do with the US msrp. The US msrp will be whatever First Texas decides will create the most profit.

The only reason I can think of for the secrecy might be that they want to avoid all the pre-order mayhem and aggravation that we went through with the Equinox.

Hopefully the Impulse is being manufactured and stockpiled until they have enough to release to the public. That way everybody can have one at the same time.

I don't think the hype and delay helped Equinox sales at all. The Detectival skydive was idiotic. The nine month wait did not increase my desire to buy one and I'm sure made life difficult for dealers.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2019 12:58PM by Badger in NH.
December 01, 2019 01:36PM
If they come in to the US market substantially cheaper there will be a market mailing them to Europe. The price difference in my opinion will be small.
December 01, 2019 01:56PM
I doubt that they will be cheaper in the US. Imports from the US are subject to an import duty, (9% in the UK, I think), plus V.A.T ( Value Added Tax ) of 20% on top of that, and not just on the value of the item, but the shipping cost too.
So as an illustratative example:
US Cost 2000 Dollars.
Shipping cost 60 Dollars.
Import duty of 9% of 2000 Dollars = 180 Dollars
VAT at 20% of ( 2000 + 180 + 60 ) = 448 Dollars
So total cost = 2688 Dollars , equivalent to 2084 UK Pounds ( and approx 2440 Euro )

This matches observed 'reality' with US goods I know about, including detectors and bicycles. You can basically change 1000 Dollars into 1000 Pounds.
One notable odd one out was ( is? ) the Garrett Propointer, where you US guys seem to pay 25% more than we do. Even after taxes, the UK price seemed similar to the US retail price.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2019 02:03PM by Pimento.
December 01, 2019 02:25PM
Pimento Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I doubt that they will be cheaper in the US
> . Imports from the US are subject to an import dut
> y, (9% in the UK, I think), plus V.A.T ( Value Add
> ed Tax ) of 20% on top of that, and not just on th
> e value of the item, but the shipping cost too.
> So as an illustratative example:
> US Cost 2000 Dollars.
> Shipping cost 60 Dollars.
> Import duty of 9% of 2000 Dollars = 180 Dollars
> VAT at 20% of ( 2000 + 180 + 60 ) = 448 Dollars
> So total cost = 2688 Dollars , equivalent to 2084
> UK Pounds ( and approx 2440 Euro )
>
> This matches observed 'reality' with US goods I kn
> ow about, including detectors and bicycles. You ca
> n basically change 1000 Dollars into 1000 Pounds.
> One notable odd one out was ( is? ) the Garrett Pr
> opointer, where you US guys seem to pay 25% more t
> han we do. Even after taxes, the UK price seemed s
> imilar to the US retail price.

That's only "if" the "US Cost is 2000 Dollars". The actual manufacturing cost is no doubt a well guarded secret.

I've seen many products that don't match the conversion rate. There is no rule that says they have to. Some do, some don't.

The Propointer is probably a good example. Things are often sold at whatever price they think they can get reflected by demand. If demand is high enough, shipping costs can be less if shipping by container.

Edited 13 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2019 06:01PM by Badger in NH.
December 01, 2019 03:17PM
Hello,

I do not have the US price
for Europe, there is the cost of transport
customs taxes
and of course the seller's margin
you will have it much cheaper ..

the French seller is undoubtedly optimistic
to already take pre-orders ...

--------

concerning the detector
since my last visit here
he received several upgrades

more stable / even quieter
and less sensitive to the soil effect

cut the iron / take the gold
is now child's play

cut leaden balls (25 gr) and take the gold ring 2.5gr 18k

cut bullets / flintlock rifle model english 1750
and take the 22k gold coin

my last hunt / 3 days ago

a ring in white gold 18k / 2.6gr
and especially the medal 18k 6gr
this medal has a horse head stamp = 1838/1919
he is a jeweler known in France
Augis / model of the medal 1907 ((diamond and ruby and a quote from a poem
+ than yesterday - that tomorrow ))

she was laying on the bottom / black sand
between 17 and 19 inches

7us all metals / sensitivity maximuum
SAT at the slowest

I think she was here for a century
this medal / perfectly summarizes the system, AQ

the ability to detect the gold that is under your feet
since always
you walk on / at each exit

they have been there for 50 years / since a century
see more for Spanish Galleons smiling smiley)

now = you can hear it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detector used : Fisher Aquamanta /

Pulsepower Goldscan 5c / Aquastar / Goldquest SSV3 / Nexus Coronado / Vista Gold
OBN
December 01, 2019 03:27PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> So im assuming around $2700 MSRP .... selling pric
> e near $2000 IM HOPING. BUT...... wheres the HYP
> E??? Id think that would come MONTHS before relea
> se ....... so we just got coal in our Christmas so
> cks. Seems to still be guessing without Fisher s
> aying anything..... THATS who i want to see post.

I'm Happy just to see something Positive, but like You said Dew. Be nice to see it from Fisher also, News by Christmas from them would be enough for me.

Price, Just give me as advertised performance with a fair warranty.

Thanks Denis for the Updates my French Pirate friend!...smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2019 03:30PM by OBN.
December 01, 2019 03:42PM
It's about time to see some life-blood breathed back into this thread.
December 01, 2019 05:02PM
Good things come to those who wait. I'm glad this is finally coming to fruition.
December 01, 2019 05:28PM

Just testing the picture posting OBN suggested. Works great. Had some sand removal along a stretch of beach. 5 rings in a 4 hour hunt. Tide came in and all targets were gone. Three were gold.
Smallest ring was 18K … 1.5 grams,.... Others were 2.7 and 5.8 grams 14K. Hoping the Impulse will keep the gold coming for a longer time period.
OBN
December 01, 2019 05:44PM
okara gold Wrote:
>
> Just testing the picture posting OBN suggested. Wo
> rks great. Had some sand removal along a stretch o
> f beach. 5 rings in a 4 hour hunt. Tide came in an
> d all targets were gone. Three were gold.
> Smallest ring was 18K … 1.5 grams,.... Others were
> 2.7 and 5.8 grams 14K. Hoping the Impulse will ke
> ep the gold coming for a longer time period.

Boom Boom! Nice! Good to see someone else Pulling the gold and Posting the gold!! Come on "AQ" !!

December 01, 2019 06:54PM
Since there was a comment about pre-order overseas....... do you think hes thinking they might see them first? Ive also got to ask...... why wouldnt they allow a pre-order? To me that will give them a good initial amount to produce and maybe a better handle on the price. Joe ..... ive really really got my fingers crossed that this machine works as advertised..... just saying its now in production tells me it surely does. BUT...... im still waiting for Fishers hype and the FACTS not speculation on what they say it will do. For me ...... id love to see a manual...... give me a few months with that before the machine hits the street. That can tell you a lot.
December 01, 2019 10:55PM
I agree, making the manual available ahead of time will help assure better reviews because many would then know how to use the detector when it arrives. Bad initial reviews are often given by people who are unfamiliar with the machine they are reviewing. It will also give us the assurance that the Impulse is nearing its release date.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2019 10:59PM by Badger in NH.
December 01, 2019 11:00PM
It doesn’t seem they value Tom opinion since he hasn’t had his hands on one...... either that or we are looking at another long delay. Also someone sent me a message saying Andy Sabisch visited the plant and they weren’t going to produce it because of complications and was going with the dirt machine. Man I hope that just bad info or a misunderstanding
December 01, 2019 11:49PM
All those gold rings waiting for three more inches of detector depth. They can wait a while longer.
December 02, 2019 12:07AM
Sure - they can wait. For the first guy there with an AQ - and then......

I have no idea when it will appear (and if Dew is really on to something) we may have to wait for the Terra to go in front. Who knows - I thought I had all this figured out - live and learn!!!

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
December 02, 2019 12:35AM
Hopefully it’s more than 3” ... I’m pretty sure I’m getting that with the MDT in the water.

Rick we though you did too lol. Hopefully I’m not muddying the water. I hope the project doesn’t get put way on that back burner

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2019 01:34AM by dewcon4414.
December 02, 2019 12:42AM
I gave Fisher three grand to move to the front of the line.
December 02, 2019 01:36AM
lytle78 Wrote:
> Sure - they can wait. For the first guy there with
> an AQ - and then......
>
> I have no idea when it will appear (and if Dew is
> really on to something) we may have to wait for th
> e Terra to go in front. Who knows - I thought I ha
> d all this figured out - live and learn!!!

Is the Terra version actually in the works?

How will the Terra differ from the AQ? Are they basically the same or is the AQ designed specifically to deal with salt?

I never go in the water. If the only difference is waterproofing then a Terra version might be better suited for hunting the wet sand. You would be able to use any headphones you want and it would probably cost less too. Maybe even have a choice in coil size. How come all the talk is about the AQ and we never hear anything about the Terra version?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2019 01:46AM by Badger in NH.
December 02, 2019 01:44AM
I don’t know much, but the Terra will be quite different than the AQ. The terra will have to cope with the wide range of ground conditions in mineralized environments. Iron ID would have to be absent or different that on the AQ for this reason. I know nothing more about it.

Rick Kempf
December 02, 2019 01:51AM
Bummer. The Terra sounds more complex.

They should make two versions of the AQ. One for water hunting and a less expensive non-waterproof model for wet sand hunting.

I would be willing to bet that there are a lot more wet sand hunters out there than water hunters.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2019 02:25AM by Badger in NH.
December 02, 2019 02:40AM
This is one I am truly excited to see come to fruition. I like originality and cutting edge/new stuff. Maybe it wont be too much longer.
OBN
December 02, 2019 04:05AM
Badger in NH Wrote:
> Bummer. The Terra sounds more complex.
>
> They should make two versions of the AQ. One for w
> ater hunting and a less expensive non-waterproof m
> odel for wet sand hunting.
>
> I would be willing to bet that there are a lot mor
> e wet sand hunters out there than water hunters.

I would like to see a straight WP (No Disc) pulse digging everything version of the "AQ" ..........I'm sorry...... I should have said less expensive version like Badger mentioned

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2019 03:11PM by OBN.
December 02, 2019 11:50AM
Joe..... disc is an OPTION you can also run the AQ in AM so dont you have what you asked for?

As to which group of hunters will buy more may depend on price and performance of the machine they currently have. no doubt doubt if the Terra performs nearly as well as an expensive ML those who could afford the ML will jump on board. Now..... will the price and warranty of a Nox significantly pull down sales of the AQ...... yes, but serious guys will still buy one for water hunting.

Badger.... im certain you are right.... and there are MORE wet sand hunters now with the Nox than ever before. Im hoping this is the start of BETTER water machines thou. I really think we are just scratching the surface right now in the water. Its recent drop hunting or a waiting game for something to move....and i dont think we are getting nearly the small gold we should in the wet sand or water. But like i said...... if Tom hasnt seen one its likely we are still months out..... surely he will have one in hand before we do even if its a proto type for his opinion. IF it performs...... serious hunters are going to want one plan and simple. Many havent bought the TDI waiting to see what this one will do. I for one just dont want to chase a lot of iron ..... especially small iron out there 2' down so i havent even looked at the TDI.
December 02, 2019 01:38PM
OBN

Here’s the faceplate - The all metal position gives slightly greater depth than the two iron ID positions. The GB function of the AQ has been “hijacked” to provide two modes of variable iron ID without any “hole”. The “degree” of this ID function is controlled by the setting of the Iron Mask control when the Mode control is in the Tone or Mute position. When it is in the All Metal position. The GB function is off.

temporary picture hosting

Rick Kempf