Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Fisher Manta

Posted by Frank in NH 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: New Fisher Manta
December 02, 2019 01:43PM
> I would be willing to bet that there are a lot mor
> e wet sand hunters out there than water hunters.

I assume most diggers just need wet sand/shallow water. Nothing above their heads. I go waist high at most. Cost is going to be the biggest factor for me. I am not paying 3-4x more than a nox.

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
December 02, 2019 01:52PM
1. Most beach hunters will not see an advantage of paying 3x the price of a Nox for a dedicated beach machine.

2. If the production machines can do what the two prototypes I have handed have done (17” on a nickel in black sand in San Diego vs. 7-8” with the Nox on the same nickel, same sand) - then those who buy an AQ will be very glad that most beach hunters don’t have one!!

Seriously, this is a specialized tool for recovery of jewelry which no existing detector has hit so far. I didn’t say no existing detector COULD find the stuff under any conditions- just that none DID find it.

Time will tell if the developers are right about the revolutionary jump in capability that this machine represents, then it will be very much like what happened when ground balancing Minelab PI detectors revolutionized gold mugget hunting in Australia and much later Civil War relic hunting in terrible VA red dirt.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2019 01:53PM by lytle78.
December 02, 2019 02:13PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Badger.... im certain you are right.... and there
> are MORE wet sand hunters now with the Nox than ev
> er before. Im hoping this is the start of BETTER
> water machines thou. I really think we are just s
> cratching the surface right now in the water. It
> s recent drop hunting or a waiting game for someth
> ing to move....and i dont think we are getting nea
> rly the small gold we should in the wet sand or wa
> ter. But like i said...... if Tom hasnt seen one
> its likely we are still months out..... surely he
> will have one in hand before we do even if its a p
> roto type for his opinion. IF it performs......
> serious hunters are going to want one plan and sim
> ple. Many havent bought the TDI waiting to see wh
> at this one will do. I for one just dont want to
> chase a lot of iron ..... especially small iron ou
> t there 2' down so i havent even looked at the TDI
> .

I might have considered a TDI if the MDT hadn't come along and the AQ soon to appear.

The way things are going, I don't see White's being in business much longer. I think Garrett is on its way out too. They really need to upgrade their technology and design or they simply won't survive.

Beach and water hunting is a huge part of the hobby which Minelab has dominated for 20 years. Most companies seem to have almost given up on pursuing the beach and water market because they simply can't compete. FT/Fisher has the technology not only with the AQ but with the CZ platform as well. If the AQ performs as advertised, it could get them back in the game which could lead to new and better things. A new CZ beach and water machine could easily compete with the Equinox if they put some thought into it.

Like Rick said, not everyone is going to want an Impulse. The price is one reason. It also doesn't have a screen with custom settings that many people enjoy so much and it's strictly a beach/water machine so it has limited use.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2019 02:34PM by Badger in NH.
December 02, 2019 02:51PM
Garrett is testing now. What? I don't know. But they are not throwing in the towel.
OBN
December 02, 2019 03:18PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> Joe..... disc is an OPTION you can also run the AQ
> in AM so dont you have what you asked for?
>
>
>
> .

I would like to see a straight WP (No Disc) pulse digging everything version of the "AQ" ..........

I'm sorry...... I should have said less expensive version like Badger mentioned, something that would compete with the White's TDI price range..

Blood Member of RingKeepers
2020......Gold Rings....73....Misc Gold 1 .......Silvers ...110

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2019 08:04PM by OBN.
OBN
December 02, 2019 03:33PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> 1. Most beach hunters will not see an advantage of
> paying 3x the price of a Nox for a dedicated beach
> machine.
>
> 2. If the production machines can do what the two
> prototypes I have handed have done (17” on a nicke
> l in black sand in San Diego vs. 7-8” with the No
> x on the same nickel, same sand) - then those who
> buy an AQ will be very glad that most beach hunter
> s don’t have one!!
>
> Seriously, this is a specialized tool for recovery
> of jewelry which no existing detector has hit so f
> ar. I didn’t say no existing detector COULD find t
> he stuff under any conditions- just that none DID
> find it.
>
I agree Rick, A hunter who knows his beach's and what they are capable of should know if the "AQ" is for them. If your a get out and hunt once and awhile hunter looking for those fresh drops buy the Nox.

For me I don't see the "AQ" replacing the Excalibur's I use but I do see it as a tool that will make a big difference when I need it.

December 02, 2019 04:17PM
goodmore Wrote:
> Garrett is testing now. What? I don't know. But th
> ey are not throwing in the towel.

Glad to hear it. I can't wait to see what they come up with. Like I was saying, new tech is the only way companies will be able to compete in the coming years.

You can't keep pumping out the same old stuff and expect to stay afloat. That's what Tesoro did. Eventually the product gets old. The AT line is kind of like the F-75. Great detectors in their day but I'd rather have an Equinox.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2019 04:24PM by Badger in NH.
December 02, 2019 05:05PM
Adam.... we are hoping more think like that lol. Really thou.... if it hadn’t been for the crazy low price ML put on the Nox would we be that concerned? It’s sure not changed the price much on the Xcal..... which has no screen. This is just what’s needed an advanced version of the Xcal .....simple once learned. With some advantages....depth and sensitivity. Here Joe it possible with disc to be used much more efficient than even the Xcal. Also headphone and coil swap made easy.... got to be worth a little more money lol. If the tones are good I really don’t need a screen..... I still just need a few things.... raw power, ability to know that’s a target without a lot of noise, sensitivity to small gold, and a way to ID iron and shallow bottle caps. Now that’s a beach machine. I’m not looking for a reason not to dig.... I just want to reduce and efficiently dig. Just like I did with the Xcal. I think price won’t matter much like when we all blinked at the CTX price. On the beach if it gets depth and sensitivity it will pay for its self. If the Terra hits the street with that same price tag and no screen I believe we will get the same response from the average relic hunter.....I’ll use my Nox.
December 02, 2019 07:39PM
I don't see myself ever wanting an Impulse Terra. I would never pay over $1000 for a land machine. The Equinox does everything I want a land machine to do.

I doubt they will ever invent a detector that will see through iron significantly better than what we have available today. At least not in my lifetime.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2019 07:51PM by Badger in NH.
December 02, 2019 07:59PM
The Terra will be tightly focused on gold nugget hunting. I expect that the iron ID of the AQ might have to be sacrificed or limited to allow ground balance to all kinds of highly mineralized goldfields. The market is huge - tens of thousands of units per month in Africa are up for grabs.

It will be very interesting to try the AQ and then the “Terra” in places like Culpepper VA and compare it to the current Champs, the minelab GPX machines.

It will certainly NOT be called the Terra by the way. What it will be I have no idea.

Rick Kempf
December 02, 2019 09:42PM
I keep forgetting about the gold prospecting market. That's a segment of detecting we don't hear much about on the forums, yet a ton of people do it.

I thought that the iron ID was the main superior capability of the Impulse. I didn't know the land version was expected to compete with the GPX. That will be pretty incredible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2019 09:51PM by Badger in NH.
December 02, 2019 10:27PM
In their side-by-side testing in France, it beat the GPX 5000 pretty handily for depth and with a beautifully quiet operation - and that was the AQ. The terra will have to cope with bad ground as well or better than the GPC and perhaps even the GPX while getting better depth.

Rick Kempf
December 02, 2019 11:37PM

This is 26 ounces of gold that I found in a 5 day period with a ML GPX. The largest nugget weighed 15+ ounces and contained a bit over 1 troy pound of gold. If I can get my hands on a machine that is proven to be a cut above the rest and goes deeper... That is a good investment. A good machine is worth its weight in gold. If the Impulse lives up to its claims… to me its a no brainer.
This was found near Rich Hill Arizona... Where there is gold!
December 03, 2019 12:31AM
There is no doubt whatsoever that the GPX series are great gold nugget detectors.

The “Terra” will have to be measured against the GPX/GPC machines to see what its powers are.

Rick Kempf
December 03, 2019 06:51PM
All this is still speculation to me. Im not exactly sure .... other than user information ... if JAG is a spokesman for Fisher? Ive not heard ANYTHING from marketing. Until FISHER comes out and say something or puts something on their site....... we still dont know for sure this machine is coming or when. This tells me we arent nearly there yet and could be MONTHS off. I cant see Fisher marketing not hyping this one up if it was even near coming out. Id want to take pre-orders....... and market it to a point where those even remotely interested wont even consider anther water machine. Did i miss it or has Fisher said...... its in production?
December 03, 2019 07:43PM
Hello From France

It's Tim Mallory who said that the impulse would be product in december. He was in france and he answered To David Cuisinier the owner of "la boutique du fouilleur"

But i am agree with you no marketing and no picture of the detector from Fisher it 's curious.

What i know firsts products would be for USA ans after for other countries.

The Terra will be ready soon.

I think we will have news soon.

Magus.
December 03, 2019 08:35PM
Ha .... you beat me to asking.... where’s the info Tim Mallory?
December 03, 2019 08:51PM
we can see him on a vidéo published by David Cuisinier, it 's on his facebook.

[www.facebook.com]

November 22 15:44.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2019 08:52PM by Magus Detection.
December 04, 2019 12:19AM
Perhaps Tim (Vice President for Sales and Marketing at First Texas Products) actually said it would be “in production” in December. That is quite different that “on sale” or “shipping”

LE.JAG has posted that it is “in production” - I hav reason to believe that this is true. For sale date....I have no idea

Rick Kempf
December 04, 2019 12:54AM
Come on now Rick..... JAG also said we would see it BEFORE Christmas .... and be finding $5000 a week in gold lol. I think I remember Carl suggested this time frame as well. Sooooo what does in production mean? I assume they are being totally assembled in El Paso? Toms not seen one so I assume they aren’t anywhere close .... are we now looking at SUMMER? Ugh just ugh.
December 04, 2019 01:00AM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> All this is still speculation to me. Im not exact
> ly sure .... other than user information ... if JA
> G is a spokesman for Fisher? Ive not heard ANYT
> HING from marketing. Until FISHER comes out and sa
> y something or puts something on their site.......
> we still dont know for sure this machine is coming
> or when. This tells me we arent nearly there yet
> and could be MONTHS off. I cant see Fisher marke
> ting not hyping this one up if it was even near co
> ming out. Id want to take pre-orders....... and
> market it to a point where those even remotely int
> erested wont even consider anther water machine.
> Did i miss it or has Fisher said...... its in prod
> uction?

everything I said
it is in production / nothing more !!

here is the French seller's video (in French...)
who announces the pre-order / with Tim Mallory

I think he gets a little excited / for delivery in January ...

[www.facebook.com]

AND I DO NOT REPRESENT FTP

I'm just doing tests for Alexandre Tartar, I did it before that he only works for FTP...

that the detector is called Manta / impulse
or another name, another brand

I totally do not care
the only thing that interests me
it's to have the best

and for now / it's the best
...... but you do not have to believe me .......

and if you want my opinion on FTP marketing
I think he too is: obsolete smiling smiley)
OBN
December 04, 2019 01:10AM
Interesting Picture Mr LE JAG...Goes a long ways in showing how large rings sink..

December 04, 2019 01:37AM
Same ole same ole,
no matter what FT would say it would not be good enough.
Let FT do their thing.
Get the detector RIGHT. Build it for the masses.
get your 2-3000 dollars set aside and buy when available.
Real Simple
Every time there is new detector coming folks get antsy.
You would think folks would learn by now.
This detector won't be the last detector made and released.
December 04, 2019 02:07AM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> Come on now Rick..... JAG also said we would see i
> t BEFORE Christmas .... and be finding $5000 a wee
> k in gold lol. I think I remember Carl suggested
> this time frame as well. Sooooo what does in pro
> duction mean? I assume they are being totally as
> sembled in El Paso? Toms not seen one so I assum
> e they aren’t anywhere close .... are we now looki
> ng at SUMMER? Ugh just ugh.

I never said 5000 a week
but by month / you are worse than a politician lol smileys with beer
it's only about 2 kilos of 18k over a year

I know guys who still do it with an exca
so with an AQ .....

OBN Wrote:
> Interesting Picture Mr LE JAG...Goes a long ways i
> n showing how large rings sink..

yes, Mr. OBN smileys with beer
I have never so much to pick up
big ring / and jewelry wearing horse head punches
punches that coresponde for most of
to losses before 1920 here in France

since the last upgrades of the last six months

for those who hunt at low tide,
the gain will be spectacular
in the water you will have a better report
but it's harder to dig

and those with volcanic sand beaches
or who are ready to take a plane ticket = jackpot ...

> Same ole same ole,
> no matter what FT would say it would not be good e
> nough.
> Let FT do their thing.
> Get the detector RIGHT. Build it for the masses.
> get your 2-3000 dollars set aside and buy when ava
> ilable.
> Real Simple
> Every time there is new detector coming folks get
> antsy.
> You would think folks would learn by now.
> This detector won't be the last detector made and
> released.

I do not think it's anger
it's more envy and especially the thirst for gold

but we are all the same
if I did not have it, I would like it too spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
December 04, 2019 12:06PM
Tenn........ how often do you hunt salt water? I kind of said the same thing when the CTX was coming with its price tag. Took me years to have one .... for a short time. All i asked for was another window because the current one is closing fast..... and you can bet i already have the money planned. "Build it for the masses"...... not in this case. What that often entails is dumbing it down so the average hunter out of the box can use it EASILY.... when it was far more capable before its release. That slows innovation by years. Another reason we see the same machine with a tweak here and a button there time after time. Everyone calls this a nitch machine .... so in this case think more of those who will by and use it. Not sure its envy JAG..... more like frustration..... and as far as me being a politician, i apologize for being opinionated...... its a fault i have. Call it thirsty for information.... unfortunately i do that with anything im interested in. By time we are done here Fisher wont even sell me one lol. I did indeed get the $5000 a week wrong..... over exaggerated just because no one i know finds that amount of melt gold a month. So theres the envy i suspect. Can you imagine me as a boy at Christmas...... no wonder Santa brought the gifts and not many were under the tree lol. OK.....ill dial it back a bit. But honestly....... id like to see some marketing. Its not even being mentioned that i can see on the website. So its an is it or isnt it coming in the near future?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2019 12:19PM by dewcon4414.
OBN
December 04, 2019 04:00PM
dewcon4414 WroBy time we are d
> one here Fisher wont even sell me one lol. I did
> indeed get the $5000 a week wrong..... over exagge
> rated just because no one i know finds that amount
> of melt gold a month. ?
Dew amazing I came close...Best month I've ever had...4810.oo, This past July..38 gold rings....Most are large...and 2 of them were 29 grams 18k...

..............Come on "AQ"

December 04, 2019 07:25PM
beautiful and big ring OBN thumbs down
my record should be around $ 4000 in a week
24 gold targets ...

I know a guy who is over 2 kilos a month
and for several months / on an island, I would not tell you which

another who made 2,100 kilos in a single bay in Hong Kong

another who did 1,300 kilos in 2 months on a single beach
after a very big storm

another who makes 2/3 kilos a year
in diving / mediterranean.

and that's only what I heard about
inevitably there are many others ....

there is much more gold under the sand than people can imagine

dewcon, I do not master the subtlety of your language
sorry ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detector used : Fisher Aquamanta /

Pulsepower Goldscan 5c / Aquastar / Goldquest SSV3 / Nexus Coronado / Vista Gold
December 04, 2019 09:01PM
Badger in NH Wrote:

>
> On second thought, that might not work. Minelab is still asking $2500 for the CTX. It wouldn't be fair to the previous buyers if they lowered the cost.
> Now they are stuck with an overpriced machine that won't sell.
>

There's still plenty of folks that believe (I'm not saying it isn't) the CTX is superior to the Equinox, as well it should costing 3X the EQ800.

It may be more of a niche market machine now, but given the Minelab name and track record of the CTX, it still has it's place in the marketing portfolio of Minelab IMO.
December 04, 2019 09:24PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> Badger in NH Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > On second thought, that might not work. Minelab
> is still asking $2500 for the CTX. It wouldn't be
> fair to the previous buyers if they lowered the co
> st.
> > Now they are stuck with an overpriced machine th
> at won't sell.
> >
>
> There's still plenty of folks that believe (I'm no
> t saying it isn't) the CTX is superior to the Equi
> nox, as well it should costing 3X the EQ800.
>
> It may be more of a niche market machine now, but
> given the Minelab name and track record of the CTX
> , it still has it's place in the marketing portfol
> io of Minelab IMO.

I would have bought one back when it came out but the 5.2 pounds was the major deterrent for me. It also seemed overly complex with many features I would never use like GPS and other things. For me, the simplicity, lightness and affordability of the Equinox far outweighs any slight advantages the CTX might have. My prediction is that they will soon make an upscale high priced complex version of the Equinox to replace the CTX.
December 05, 2019 01:06AM
Badger in NH Wrote:
------------------------------------------------ My prediction is that they will soon
> make an upscale high priced complex version of the
> Equinox to replace the CTX.

I hope so! I desperately want an EQX with GPS. I miss that feature from my CTX

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

======================================================