Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Fisher Manta

Posted by Frank in NH 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: New Fisher Manta
December 09, 2019 06:12PM
You know better than to call me old Cliff. I dare say im more fit than someone 20 years younger than me. Lets hope they dont start making detectors that only go so deep because we might bust a gut digging holes. Although ..... i have been observing we as a group could shed some winter fur lol. You play the hand you are dealt i guess .... so ill have to NOT tighten down those headphones and cables so i can swap the battery out. Not a lot of room to carry stuff if you are in a wet suit. Wonder if they will be SLOW charged...... sounds like it if a USB is being used. The MDT uses ONE lith 5000 battery about $6 to replace. So apparently the container is the pricy part.

An interesting part of this is MORE DEPTH. We continually ask for more depth for bigger gold. This doesnt affect us much here in the recent drop state except in the winter when we have to do more sand movement hunting. If we start getting all the gold say down to even 15"...... at what point is a machine going to be introduced focusing on smaller gold just inches below the sensitivity of our machines? Can it be done..... is it worth it...... most say no, but mostly because we have been used to RING hunting and the salt water has been a challenge so they give us what we want. We are missing a lot of gold in the water.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2019 11:49AM by dewcon4414.
OBN
December 10, 2019 02:13PM
NO USB charger........

Charges thru the right 4 pin M-8 bulkhead connections..This port is.......Power from the battery / Audio to the end of the shaft then that goes thru the shaft to the control head.

More then likely a slow charge ...One reason I'll go Li-Po in the future...I can charge my Excaliburs Li-Po... less then 20 minutes..

Dew I am thinking more depth, the smaller rings.. I know I'm missing them for I've dug coins only to find small gold rings on the lip of the hole, Only once was a bigger class rings.

One thing that does worry me, I've been told by a few PI hunters that hunt the same beach's I do ..."You're not miss much with that Excalibur"...I do think I am getting excellent depth

but am I going to do better with the "AQ".. I think smaller gold I will..the bigger...have to see.

Blood Member of RingKeepers
2020......Gold Rings....73....Misc Gold 1 .......Silvers ...110
OBN
December 10, 2019 02:24PM
Since this post batteries have went to Ni-MH

pic upload

December 11, 2019 12:58AM
OBN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> One thing that does worry me, I've been told by a
> few PI hunters that hunt the same beach's I do ...
> "You're not miss much with that Excalibur"...I do
> think I am getting excellent depth
>
> but am I going to do better with the "AQ".. I thin
> k smaller gold I will..the bigger...have to see.[/
> size]

I do not want to offend anyone
but I have a hard time believing
that the exca would do as well as a PI

we must already know which PI
all 12 volts / are out of competition....

in high voltage it remains the TDI pulscan / pro
and especially deepstar / goldscan 5 / 5c

his three there, are much deeper than the bbs / fbs
with identical coil diameter

the SD and GPX when they do better than TDI / DEEPSTAR (it remains to prove)
it's with huge 15/20 inch coils

a little story
winters 2014, on a beach that had been stirring
i come across two guys equip minelab
two ctx 3030 with 17 'coils

I had the goldscan 5c edit coil of 11 ''

the two CTX made a gold ring and some silver jewelry

by walking most of the time in their footsteps
I am prospecting very slowly ...

I made nine gold / with the AQ, today
I would have had a lot more

so my conclusion: do not worry smiling smiley

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detector used : Fisher Aquamanta /

Pulsepower Goldscan 5c / Aquastar / Goldquest SSV3 / Nexus Coronado / Vista Gold
OBN
December 11, 2019 01:08AM
LE.JAG Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> >

>
> so my conclusion: do not worry smiling smiley

No offended my friend, Good to hear...Thank You!

December 11, 2019 01:25AM
So how often are you digging micro targets with the AQ? Small pieces of aluminum or copper. The American beaches are trash dumps. BBS while not as deep also ignores small micro trash that even the Equinox hits on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2019 01:28AM by goodmore.
December 11, 2019 03:10AM
If the small gold is among the trash - easy solution - advance the pulse delay control and all that goes away - oh yes, the small gold too.

Also by advancing the pulse delay you are attenuating the response to ALL targets - that thing gold ring with a honking diamond on it down “X” inches will no longer be heard.

LE.JAG has often pointed this out, but perhaps do to his “Franglais” of lack of attention from readers, this point seems to often be missed.

He reports moving slowly, analyzing every whisper as well as every hard return. Look at his results.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
December 11, 2019 10:23AM
When you say advance the pulse delay...... i can see it knocking out small aluminum, but copper and high conductors like those crappy chair rivits you just dig. So Rick...... the DF runs at 15uS...... the SS runs at 22uS..... what kind of increase do you think is needed to KEEP those big golds at X inches? We talking a slight increase makes a huge difference? I also have a question about the coil....... i see the weight increased from 399 to 500..... did the size increase from 12" to the now 12.5"?
December 11, 2019 01:55PM
DEW My point was that losing small aluminum or other non ferrous trash will loose you not only the trash, and small gold, it will also reduce the depth on all targets.

Rick Kempf
December 11, 2019 02:11PM
The more I read the more I feel this is a damp sand and wash detector. That's a mighty big coil for chest deep work. Battery run time will certainly shorten after a certain amount of time. Also seems it will be nose heavy on the damp sand. I don't wish to dig 2' deep tent stakes either so I'm going to stick with my MDT for awhile untill Joe gives me a report! May also be able to buy a used model after a certain amount of time goes by. Good luck to all.
December 11, 2019 02:28PM
I like my Whites TDI beach hunter but not the big 12 inch coil. Wish Whites put had put the 9.5 inch coil on it or at least had the option to choose.
December 11, 2019 03:54PM
Other coils will be offered - but not sure if in time for launch. The coils aren’t hard wired, so you can choose coils to suit conditions.

Rick Kempf
December 11, 2019 04:11PM
I hope they aren't purposely making the coils heavy to help them sink. That would be a mistake.
December 11, 2019 04:28PM
Badger in NH Wrote:
> I hope they aren't purposely making the coils heav
> y to help them sink. That would be a mistake.

well I sure as hell hope they dont float!

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

======================================================
December 11, 2019 08:31PM
Whites seems to be the one most talked about when it comes to coil float. My vote is a good 9” coil for water work. Still should get good depth and better sensitivity to run in the water. Use the standard out of the water or on those calmer days. It does look designed to move well.
December 12, 2019 12:48AM
goodmore Wrote:
> So how often are you digging micro targets with th
> e AQ? Small pieces of aluminum or copper. The Amer
> ican beaches are trash dumps. BBS while not as dee
> p also ignores small micro trash that even the E
> quinox hits on.

here too, there is rubbish, the European beaches have 3000 years of history ...
aluminum is not a problem for me
I can recognize it / its audio curve drops sharply
unlike gold that stretches in length // it takes a little practice.

the biggest problem is copper
here in Europe we have euro cents
coins that are made of steel covered with a film of copper
in seawater, the steel oxidizes and the film comes off
AQ is so sensitive that he detects it ..

it's the price to pay = more sensitivity = more micro target = more gold !

dewcon4414 Wrote:
> When you say advance the pulse delay...... i can s
> ee it knocking out small aluminum, but copper and
> high conductors like those crappy chair rivits you
> just dig. So Rick...... the DF runs at 15uS....
> .. the SS runs at 22uS..... what kind of increase
> do you think is needed to KEEP those big golds at
> X inches? We talking a slight increase makes a h
> uge difference? I also have a question about the
> coil....... i see the weight increased from 399 to
> 500..... did the size increase from 12" to the now
> 12.5"?

the delay setting range is shorter on AQ
starts at 7us / knob 10 notches / jumps 0.5 in 0.5us
maximum delay 11.5
the maximum is below 90% of the market PIs, lol

it is a will of Alexandre, it is a detector designed for gold
gold just gold
the delay setting range
+ sensitivity + SAT and different rejection modes
are sufficient to face any type of sand
while still remaining extremely sensitive on gold

lytle78 Wrote:
>
> LE.JAG has often pointed this out, but perhaps do
> to his “Franglais” of lack of attention from reade
> rs, this point seems to often be missed.
>
> He reports moving slowly, analyzing every whisper
> as well as every hard return. Look at his results
> .

Yes Rick,
this is where we will see the real gold diggers
those who are accustomed to hunt nuggets and sweep very slowly will make the difference
at very great depth
we must allow time, the signal to go up and be analyzed
by the detector

I used to say: there is a gold ring every five meters

no need to run the beach smiling smiley

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detector used : Fisher Aquamanta /

Pulsepower Goldscan 5c / Aquastar / Goldquest SSV3 / Nexus Coronado / Vista Gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2019 12:51AM by LE.JAG.
OBN
December 12, 2019 02:09AM
My only problem might be sinkers...killing me...today's..................Come on "AQ"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2019 05:45PM by OBN.
December 12, 2019 02:31AM
Thanks LE Jag for a very encouraging repor!
December 12, 2019 11:17AM
The highest uS is still well below what the DF runs. So setting it even at the highest setting should produce gold easily if you want to eliminate some of the smaller aluminum junk on a good recent drop kind of hunt. It may take some time to learn to slow down and hunt a bit differently with a PI.... especially for those of us who live here in Fl. But exactly what we need this time of the year.
December 12, 2019 01:16PM
OBN. If someone is getting those sinkers - then they are probably at the “floor” - they have hit a layer where even dense objects sink slowly if at all. Now, that’s great. With an Excal or CTX, you hear the sinkers fine. But with an AQ, you will hear the smaller low conductors at well - even down on the “floor”.

Rick Kempf
December 12, 2019 01:52PM
The lead zone is also the gold zone. I'm always happy to dig lead. smiling smiley
December 12, 2019 04:24PM
Nice broken band

HH
Mike
December 14, 2019 12:12PM
Im not leaving this subject to die. I see some companies are taking orders in France.........who is expecting the machine next month. I find that odd since Fisher Marketing hasnt even put any info on its website or made much to-do about the machine. One of the biggest buying times here in the US is Christmas........ not Jan or Feb. OR will France see the machine before us? I believe i did see a marketing rep post on a French website. If Fisher intends on Tom D getting a machine before its release......... then it seems we still have a long wait. At this point.....i mean after 3 years....... isnt the cat out of the bag..... when is marketing going to start marketing?
December 14, 2019 01:09PM
I've been trying to make sense of this too. Perhaps Fisher is in production of these machines, as we have heard and making them as quickly as they can build a sizable stockpile and then BAM.... A big announcement / video as to their capabilities and availability. Maybe they are trying a different marketing approach...
Whetting our appetites for a long time, (the internet forums reach a tremendous number of people) and building up anticipation to the "gotta have it now" approach and then releasing? Perhaps they don't want to do what Minelab did with the Nox. All the buyers on a list waiting to get one and then not even having earphones available to hunt in the water. Time will tell. confused smiley
December 14, 2019 01:17PM
I'm going to think positive and say the big announcement will be on January 1st. smiling smiley
December 14, 2019 01:30PM
OG........ its possible its cheaper to market it before its release by word of mouth until its ready. Most have learned even negative talking is talking and peaks interest. If anything....... maybe when people get their TAX RETURNS. As far as Fishers marketing approach....... ive not seen any unless you count Alexandrias and LE JAG. What if ....they opt to drop the project OR have to change the uS option for mass production? Its not as simple as one might think...... 7uS might work ankle deep.... but things change chest deep.... a lot has to do with pushed up sand near shore vs highly mineralized sand in those low areas out deeper.... from gray mud, to black sand.... to micro pieces of junk. Will we see it FIRST on the Cabelas?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2019 02:07PM by dewcon4414.
December 14, 2019 03:33PM
Dew - you pose more questions than three wise men can answer!

I’m no wise man, but here are some things I’m pretty sure of,

They are not dropping the project

They will not produce huge numbers of machines (tens of thousands) initially - it’s not that kind of machine and they are not sure of the size of the market

That is one of the reasons you will NOT see it at Cabalas and the like to start with

No PI detector can operate at very short pulse delays in huge volumes of salt water such as in diving

The pulse delay range on production machines will be much like the range on the prototypes

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2019 03:35PM by lytle78.
December 14, 2019 05:38PM
Hey someone has to ask all those questions lol. Seems most all of Fishers machine are sold by Cabales now. I don’t know how having them available for sale is an issue like having them on hand. Didn’t we see the Nox there first? I’m not talking diving Rick... I’ve learned from using the MDT with its salt balance that things change a good bit. One reason we aren’t seeing a lot of difference in the water from our current machines. Even thou there maybe in the wet sand. Rarely do we ever see a test comparison of machines IN the water... it’s not easy to do.

You know you like all my lame questions.... at least it gets a few talking. I’ve learned a lot over the years by being THAT GUY asking the dumb question
OBN
December 14, 2019 05:39PM
Badger in NH Wrote:
> I'm going to think positive and say the big announ
> cement will be on January 1st. smiling smiley

I like the way you think Badger!

But since you got Jan 1...

I'm going to say March 15th...sure hope your right.

March 15th In 44 BC, it became notorious as the date of the assassination of Julius Caesar which made the Ides of March "a turning point in Roman history."

"AQ" will be "A turning point for Metal Detecting History!!"

Maybe I should apply for the job of Marketing..grinning smiley

December 14, 2019 06:43PM
OBN... Great idea! You take over the marketing job and I'll take over your job. Of course I expect on the job training !! cool smiley