Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Fisher Manta

Posted by Frank in NH 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: New Fisher Manta
December 14, 2019 08:09PM
OBN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Badger in NH Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------

> March 15th In 44 BC, it became notorious as the da
> te of the assassination of Julius Caesar which mad
> e the Ides of March "a turning poin
> t in Roman history."

>
> "AQ" will be "A turning point for M
> etal Detecting History!!"

>
> Maybe I should apply for the job of Marketing..grinning smiley

LOL, you already sound like a Minelab marketer!

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

======================================================
December 15, 2019 12:07PM
People keep calling this a niche machine........ yet it could replace most water machines...... ie the Xcal and CZ21s..... and lets add the Nox just because of its volume of sales. Thats a pretty large market if you can capture a good bit of it world wide. So what makes this a niche machine...... only thing i can think of is price. Could we see that change with the AQ2 OR will we see other companies competing and bring that price down. Depth and Sensitivity ....better than any VLF in salt water......i dont know but it seems a no brainier to me that it may not be just a niche machine. Its going to get a recent drop .... but its sure going to put the hurt on deep targets as well.... thats going to put pressure on the VLF used to step up. So what if you are the only guy on your beaches for a year or so until others figure out why they arent getting nearly the gold they used to?

Tom seems to have been left out of this one, but hopefully he will be given one before this thing hits our hands and also hopefully he wont get a NDA. This is one machine i really look forward to having him test and pass along some tips for its use. Lets hear the good, bad and ugly...... and maybe this can be a starting point putting us years ahead of the game.
OBN
December 15, 2019 01:59PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> People keep calling this a niche machine........ y
> et it could replace most water machines...... ie t
> he Xcal and CZ21s.....
> oing to put the hurt on deep targets as well...
>
> Tom seems to have been left out of this one,

I don't see it replacing the Nox. Very Affordable..The CZ20/21...The Nox is killing it, as far as the Excalibur it's still holding but weaker, it did take a hit from the Nox. That's what I've seen locally...How about down Florida Dew?

And I think Rick called it, the "AQ" is for the serious gold hunter and I think for the one who's finding gold all ready. I only see a few "AQ"s being sold locally for the Gold found by most locals are only fresh drops.and a very low number.

All I want the "AQ" for is a back up on spots with deep gold and silver. In all metal, No discriminate. I just can't see disc being the same depth on targets that may give a faint whisper in All metal. Honestly, it scares me to think the machine was updated to have the same depth on targets as all metal...Just hope AM was not affected.

As far as Tom, I think they have cut everyone off on this one and for a reason I am sure. Just thankful we had Alex and LE.JAG for the information shared. And hope they will continue with more once it becomes available.

Blood Member of RingKeepers
2020......Gold Rings....73....Misc Gold 1 .......Silvers ...110
December 15, 2019 09:20PM
We know the Nox has changed the game because of performance and PRICE. But... once this thing gets out it could be like the CTX. People started grabbing them up regardless of price. Be glad to have it thou for a good bit before others want it. I know you are hunting out of the box.... but what you find Joe are you kidding .... o there’s just get a few gold a year?
December 15, 2019 11:21PM
I am certain that the increased depth in iron ID was not achieved at the expense of reducing the AM depth of the AQ.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
OBN
December 15, 2019 11:52PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> I am certain that the increased depth in iron ID w
> as not achieved at the expense of reducing the AM
> depth of the AQ.

Thank You, Come on "AQ"

dewcon4414 Wrote:
.... o there’s just g
> et a few gold a year?

Got a number for you on this Dew, ...9 beach/water hunters polled today that hunt here in Maryland..Average is 5.6 (9 hunters dug 51 gold rings) Best had 12 then down to 1 gold ring for the year. One did find a diamond ring, appraised at 1500.oo..

Whats the average for your area....or anyone want to chime in on totals. Sure not as good as it was years ago.

Blood Member of RingKeepers
2020......Gold Rings....73....Misc Gold 1 .......Silvers ...110

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2019 05:10AM by OBN.
December 16, 2019 10:17AM
I really dont know Joe ...... but there seems to be more people here putting in more hours on the beach. Could be a few reasons, but id say year round hunting...... better equipment/price.... more retired..... AND some of us has to put in more hours just because of the other reasons i mentioned to find nearly the gold they did years back. We do have some good hunters who really put in the hours..... id guess those guys get 3 rings a month for sure. There are are the exceptional ones who could get as high as 70 a year.... some brag more than other lol. Our ability to hunt year round and have people here year round is a huge plus. When nothing is moving...... believe me when you get several hunting hitting the same beach........they get a good bit of the recent drops. So if that happens winter hunting gets a little more difficult if we dont get some movement.
December 17, 2019 01:05AM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> People keep calling this a niche machine........ y
> et it could replace most water machines...... ie t
> he Xcal and CZ21s..... and lets add the Nox just b
> ecause of its volume of sales. Thats a pretty la
> rge market if you can capture a good bit of it wor
> ld wide. So what makes this a niche machine.....
> . only thing i can think of is price. Could we s
> ee that change with the AQ2 OR will we see other c
> ompanies competing and bring that price down. De
> pth and Sensitivity ....better than any VLF in sal
> t water......i dont know but it seems a no brainie
> r to me that it may not be just a niche machine.
> Its going to get a recent drop .... but its sure g
> oing to put the hurt on deep targets as well.... t
> hats going to put pressure on the VLF used to step
> up. So what if you are the only guy on your beach
> es for a year or so until others figure out why th
> ey arent getting nearly the gold they used to?
>
> Tom seems to have been left out of this one, but h
> opefully he will be given one before this thing hi
> ts our hands and also hopefully he wont get a NDA.
> This is one machine i really look forward to havin
> g him test and pass along some tips for its use.
> Lets hear the good, bad and ugly...... and maybe t
> his can be a starting point putting us years ahead
> of the game.

I agree regarding Tom, as I’ve stated in the past. Seems the ((least)) they could do is let him test one since his site has helped promote the machine so much.
There’s no better capable hands that AQ could have been in.
December 17, 2019 01:37AM
The silly thing is he WILL be testing one as several of us will. I mean this thing is made for our conditions. If it don’t work here it don’t work. But I’m sure Tom is on Fishers Christmas list.... but then how long before we see on? From what I can see ...Rick tested a proto type well over a year ago. Not much has changed in hardware appearance. So surely it’s close.

It has 2 tones correct?....so in disc it will be a one tone machine right? Is that how its maintaining depth.... by not processing but ONE tone and basicly cutting off those signals above iron and a penny to the headphones. Rarely have i used a large coil in the water that didnt need to be turned down. Id love to see a 9" coil come out at the same time. I cant believe youd loose that much depth...... but youd have the ability to run it HOT even in the water.... id bet nearly hitting the big coils depth and maybe better on the small stuff. How will this thing PP...... like a DD or mono? Hopefully off the tip..... or a coil nearly 13" with the alledged depth this thing gets WONT be fun to have in chest deep water. I now am told we might see it by EASTER........ ugh. In some way it coming out in France first might be a blessing for a pricy machine. We'd get a careful review of the U-tube videos and judge for ourselves how well it might serve us... or not.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2019 12:13PM by dewcon4414.
December 18, 2019 02:29PM
It is getting closer. I doubt that they have fixed a date yet, but the Easter Bunny should be able to buy one to hunt for golden eggs. Hopefully sooner.

Rick Kempf
December 18, 2019 02:55PM
April, just as beach hunting season is coming to a close. I guess that gives me nine months to practice with it.
December 18, 2019 03:18PM
Sooo we should expect Tom to be testing one hopefully before that. I just want someone on this side of the pond doing something with the machine I’m wanting to buy. Tom... I trust will give it a good run down. So I can make an informed purchase. Even thou I know any machine that can be used in the salt water will pay for its self here.
December 24, 2019 01:12PM
I saw this recent video.... [www.youtube.com] It appears to be of an older version..... the coil is different from even the first version i believe. Still a big difference in coil sizes. I get the coverage and maybe depth advantage..... but i plan on using the machines disc much like a PPer (reverse disc). Find a target rule out iron with disc much like the Xcal. However i see a disadvantage in doing this in the water.......its the BIG OLE coil. If in some locations or conditions AM and disc DONT get the same depth there is no way to get that coil in the hole close to the target. Im still pushing for a small 9" coil.... which according to Bill Crabtree is perhaps the best size for a PI coil. In most cases will fit into a hole dug by most of our scoops. Otherwise we might have to dig most deep targets up before we can ID them. In the water most targets move to the center.... if for some reason you miss it to the side on a very hot coil..... that could take a few scoops..... add the additional depth the detector might get and you could waste a lot of time and energy.

What type of coil does the AQ have..... is it a MONO or more a DD PPing off the tip? Guys we need a small coil too.... there are big advantages to it in the water over a coil larger than any being used on a PI now out there. If given a choice..... id jump on that smaller coil..... added cost or not.
January 07, 2020 12:23PM
Someone said lets not forget this machine is still a PI and that other machines have a version of disc...... like HI/LO or GB adjustments. There still maybe issues of iron on both ends as well as salt water affects. Whats interesting to me, whats in the box that allows it to use 7uS in the water. As far as disc...... is this just a NOTCH? Basicly just shutting off the sound to to the headphones for iron and high conductors? Am i wrong or did not JAG say initially they wanted to get it out and was going with the BOX..... with the current version as we see it now coming out as soon as possible? It appears they preferred to wait and introduce it as a more up to date machine. Thats taken time. But .....did they give us an analogue rather than wait on the digital.....which could come out soon.
January 07, 2020 02:21PM
I believe this is a recent video done with Impulse AQ.
[m.youtube.com]
January 07, 2020 08:45PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> I believe this is a recent video done with Impulse
> AQ.
> [m.youtube.com]

That must be an early prototype. The control head is missing.

Kind of a useless video. Without being able to hear the tones, it's just some guy digging.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2020 08:54PM by Badger in NH.
January 07, 2020 10:00PM
Good example of what happens when you have a deep target AND a BIG coil. Think about that in the water? I’ve also found light targets with a surface... like a penny tend to be pushed out of a scoop when taking in to much material. Also explains why depth can be a guess-ta-ment.
January 07, 2020 10:28PM
Incorrect thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2020 10:33PM by NASA-Tom.
January 08, 2020 09:47PM
Looks like a battery type change happening.
Don’t know if this has been shared here or not.
So many threads on unit here hard to keep up.

[www.detectorprospector.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2020 09:49PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 08, 2020 09:54PM
Interesting ALEXANDRE TARTAR is pretty active/informative over there since he recently joined, answering questions....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2020 09:55PM by Aaron.
January 08, 2020 09:57PM
Odd that should come up.... that as well as a second pack was talked about few months back. Didn’t remover my whine lol. I suspect that will come with the digital upgrade.
January 08, 2020 10:42PM
I was informed that the decision on the battery was made for the reasons cited above. Shipping devices with high powered lithium packs is very restrictive and world wide distribution of the AQ is anticipated. The testing and certification of a lithium battery for the AQ was cost prohibitive considering the niche nature of the Beach detector market. What will evolve, given that the battery pack is easily removable - it slides onto a dovetail under the rod. Aftermarket solutions will likely emerge as well a evolved Fisher solutions.

Rick Kempf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2020 10:48PM by lytle78.
January 16, 2020 04:19PM
Video showing some gold found with pi detectors, even early version mantas, etc. Video posted on YouTube 14 hours ago as of this posting here.
[m.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2020 04:36PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 16, 2020 06:21PM
My hopes is ...... some of us get an early release who can get this machine wet for long periods. NOW is the time for us Fl guys.... fewer people in the water even thou we have a lot more on the beach from the snow birds. We get more sand movement from the tide swings and winds.... it can loosen up some of the gold by making troughs that come and go. BUT.... often its still down there really deep. More competition as well now with the Nox having the ability to multi task. Will this machine be deep enough...... and waterproof to your nose lol? Thats the big question.....man i hope this dont drag on until summer. We have to learn this puppy as well before recent drop time.
January 19, 2020 05:15PM
[m.youtube.com]

This video posted I believe yesterday to YouTube.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2020 05:16PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 06, 2020 12:37PM
I believe Alexandre showed a picture of the PIN OUT for the headphones ... and explained each pin. Anyone got that? It was an M8 and i believe 5 Pin. If i remember correctly .....the two pins on the left were jumped inside...... the third going clockwise was the other headphone wire...... the fourth was GND.....and the 5th not used. Seems that changed from a 3 pin.... to the 5 for the production model.
February 06, 2020 11:44PM
This video posted approx 2 weeks ago on YouTube.
[m.youtube.com]
February 07, 2020 12:03AM
So are we saying ML can ship anywhere with Lith and the ....ie the Nox costs a 1/3 of the price? Just how soon aft this machine will we see a digital unit with lith. Is this going to be a very limited run?
February 08, 2020 12:53AM
Dew: it's the quantity of lithium that's important, I think. So a watch with a coin cell in it is fine. And presumably an Equinox ( or a Tarsacci ) with a single 26650 cell also is allowable. But a 'laptop-sized' pack, eg. 6 x 18650 size, may be too much for aerial transport.
February 08, 2020 11:55AM
Pimento....... i suspect you are right..... more than one is the issue. [blog.labelmaster.com]

They have the CZ21 you can dive with it to 250'........ yet you have to open it. Why not do the same and sell without batteries? Never mind ..... i know because we would complain then for sure lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2020 12:30PM by dewcon4414.