Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Fisher Manta

Posted by Frank in NH 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: New Fisher Manta
April 23, 2018 06:14PM
bado1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> doc holiday Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'll take Two------------IF you aren't tethered
> to
> > a battery,ah la ML.
>
> Not tethered to a battery anymore with ML GPX. I'm
> totally wireless.
>
> Dean

"totally wireless"--are you speaking of headphones? What battery configuration are you using?

I have the ML 2200 and Extreme,but they are in the closet because of the battery. I have been very tempted to get a 4500,but the Manta has me on hold,however Father Time may win this race. LOL
April 23, 2018 09:49PM
Pulse delay and SAT are fully variable - the accept/reject is likewise so - it is a form of GB, but optimized for the beach - not a GB to cope with goldfield minerals.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
April 23, 2018 09:51PM
So, when they produce the terramanta it will be a ground balancing PI?
April 23, 2018 09:53PM
Doc,
I'm using the Freedom System from Arizona Outback. Deteknix head phones with a LiPo battery system.

Dean
April 23, 2018 10:49PM
Hi,
more than depth, we must remember
that the 7us brings a big lot of gold target
that you do not see at the present day

has the depth or you dig a signet now
you will go for a ring of 2/3 gr
automatically and without digging deeper
the number of good targets increases

then, you have to know how to be reasonable
and depending on the context know how to abandon a target
if not, believe me, it's an exhausting machine

+ some yellows of my last tides (33 gr 18k)
[www.findmall.com]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detector used : Fisher Aquamanta /

Pulsepower Goldscan 5c / Aquastar / Goldquest SSV3 / Nexus Coronado / Vista Gold
April 23, 2018 10:58PM
Any ‘terrestrial” PI would need some system for coping with ground mineralization. - and to be of any use in nugget hunting in places like Australia, it would need to be able to cope with a wide variety of conditions, including the most extreme soils.

Minelab had this nailed 10 years ago with the GP and GPX - and then they introduced totally new technology with the GPZ. These are the “gold standard” for powerful nugget hunting detectors. The Garrett ATX is a worthy alternate, but it’s unhandy package and great weight have held it back. The TDI is a good PI detector for nugget hunting, but the depth loss in GB mode have limited its appeal.

So what’s left for a “TerraManta”? Nobody who knows is saying - and nobody who is saying knows!

It was the intelligence and imagination of Bruce Candy who put Minelab in the game. Perhaps the intelligence and imagination of Alexandre Tartar will put Fisher in the game (with the help of lots of smart folks in El Paso).

Personally, I’m optimistic, and Jose Jimenez at the “El Paseo del Norte” taco truck tells me that he is doing a Novena to Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe to support the home team (not sure how the French guys are with that - after all, it’s northern France, they might be Protestant!).

Rick Kempf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2018 11:38PM by lytle78.
April 24, 2018 01:47AM
Finally something for the First Texas fan boys to get excited about. Have fun!
April 24, 2018 02:40PM
7 Us....... best grab a sifter and block off a small portion of the beach..... bring the grand kids and their plastic shovels...... you are going to find some stuff you didnt know was there. It may generate a new type of beach hunting...... which may not be for ole water dogs set in their hunting ways.
April 24, 2018 04:21PM
Someone wake me up when it hits the shelves....
April 24, 2018 04:46PM
If this baby can't ground balance then it better get tested in Hawaii. I did ok with the Surf PI in Hawaii but the problem always was false signals bouncing over the bottom or going over basalt cobbles due to the inability to ground balance. A waterproof TDI was my desire from day one, but never happened. The Infinium worked but had issues of its own with false signals in saltwater. The ATX fixed that and is operationally the best PI I have used in Hawaii for ignoring both the saltwater and the intense mineralization. The ATX ergonomics however are the worst ever.

7us and no ground balance except for a limited range to enable ferrous id sounds like the machine may love those Hawaii hot rocks. The pulse delay being variable may help if the range is wide enough but of course low delay times to ignore the hot rocks will send small gold capability out the door also.

Still, I sold my ATX in anticipation of this detector and am cautiously optimistic. The market is still wide open for a waterproof PI that performs better than a TDI SL but with ergonomics better than an ATX. Two pretty low bars in my opinion.
April 24, 2018 09:18PM
Don’t know about basalt rocks, but the black sand bags in this video are ignored - check out at about 1:30 in the video. Not sure that’s the same sort of problem however.

[m.youtube.com]

Rick Kempf
April 24, 2018 09:52PM
Man I love how when he flips that switch over the iron it goes to 2 tones distinctly hitting low on iron and high on the ring but at the same time sees right through the iron and hits the gold and then does the exact same when he sticks the black sand bag over top of both!

Just box it up and get it to market already!

I have a BIG lake with 300 miles of coastline just on my side of the lake 25 mins west of me just waiting for me to hunt it with one of those. And especially since according to the guy testing it claiming it’ll hit avg. size gold rings at 20” deep all day = I’ll clean up as there’s never been anything even close in comparison ran in the water out there!
April 24, 2018 11:13PM
bado1 Wrote:
> Doc,
> I'm using the Freedom System from Arizona Outback.
> Deteknix head phones with a LiPo battery system.
>
> Dean

Thanks for the info,Dean.
April 25, 2018 03:46AM
Being we are on the subject a new First Texas PI is there any word on the CZX and MOSCA ?
April 25, 2018 11:52AM
Tim Mallory - VP of marketing and sales, recently posted about a series of new machines, the first of which might be later this year. Given the time passed since the “leak” of planning info on those two machines, it may well be that those developments have “morphed” into something else.

Rick Kempf
April 25, 2018 12:14PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> Don’t know about basalt rocks, but the black sand
> bags in this video are ignored - check out at abou
> t 1:30 in the video. Not sure that’s the same sort
> of problem however.
>
> [m.youtube.com]
> youtu.be

volcanic rock, basalt, does not pose any particular problem
the bags on the video,
are volcanic sand from the island of Reunion
[vacancesalareunion.centerblog.net]

and the island of Fuerteventura / Canary Islands
[www.fotosearch.fr]

some volcanic sands are harder than others, but here too
they no longer pose any particular problem

some hot rocks of the gold lands, will be harder
for example, I tested a Terra a few months ago, on a very particular terrain

we do not have much of auriferous earth in France
the chosen terrain was an old iron mine
the lagoon used to collect the water after washing the ore

there is still a red land (as in Australia) that drives crazy all VLF
30 to 40 cm thick
the fine gold tests, my license to do as well (on this ground)
than the GPZ ......... so I'm confident
you have to wait for the pre-series to test it all over the world

and as you already know, the A1 & T1 projects are just the beginning
Bipolar technology works, I tested it smiling smiley
but one step after another
April 25, 2018 03:48PM
I've been waiting for a PI that can disc iron for the beach for years. Keep the price under $1000 and they will be kings of the beach for us beach hunters. I don't need 1000 tones. I just need iron vs not iron.

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
April 25, 2018 07:53PM
Your English is way better than my French - but I am still puzzled by a couple of things.

I figured out that “gamete” means beach scoop

This one, however I can’t convert.

“the fine gold tests, my license to do as well (on this ground)
than the GPZ ......... so I'm confident ”

I think you mean that at the iron ore site it did as well as the GPZ, but I’m not sure.

Rick Kempf
April 25, 2018 10:19PM
yes, he did as well as the GPZ
but I repeat, we were on the site of an iron mine ... (no VLF works on this site)

without any particular adjustment at the programming level
the powerful microcontroller that equips the Manta card
allows to vary a lot of parameters

So, it's a very good start, once adjusting on the nugget land
we should have a very good machine

and if the T1 does not go somewhere, the T2 will do better
otherwise it will be the T3 and so on
makes me think of the saga Terminator lol

we are attending, at the birth of a new generation of machines
with features and possibilties that no one has ever seen

you can redo all your sites
and gold will be at the rendezvous

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detector used : Fisher Aquamanta /

Pulsepower Goldscan 5c / Aquastar / Goldquest SSV3 / Nexus Coronado / Vista Gold
April 25, 2018 10:44PM
Your English if fine. None of us care about the words - just the information and right now you are the source. When testing of the Fisher prototypes starts - hopefully this summer - they may allow the testers to share some results - or they may go the way of traditional development programs and totally bind them with non-disclosure - we shall see.

I hope that they will choose to break with tradition - since this machine is now so advanced in its electronic an performance development.

We shall see.

I love “The gold will be at the rendezvous”. It’s unusual English - but Great English.

Thanks

Rick Kempf
April 26, 2018 03:55AM
OK, now this is getting interesting thumbs down
April 26, 2018 10:36AM
lytle78 Wrote:
> Your English is way better than my French - but I
> am still puzzled by a couple of things.
>
> I figured out that “gamete” means beach scoop
>
> This one, however I can’t convert.
>
> “the fine gold tests, my license to do as well (on
> this ground)
> than the GPZ ......... so I'm confident ”
>
> I think you mean that at the iron ore site it did
> as well as the GPZ, but I’m not sure.

I'm not sure either, but I have a guess. Maybe the original French
said something like "testing fine gold *permits* this detector to do as
well in this ground as the GPZ" and then "permits" was translated into
"license".

That is to say, if you have a permit to do something, you have a license
to do it, right?

Just a guess.
April 26, 2018 06:31PM
Rick.... id love to see more full disclosure as it goes thru the stages as well. That would be different ...... and would generate a ton o interest. Hype us up Fisher....... make us stand in line.... hey but have the headphones available lol. Im hoping the phones arent hard wired..... and that they can cram it in a smaller box.
April 26, 2018 09:15PM
The “Aqua Manta” is presumably very complete electronically and so might lend itself to the kind of semi-public “soft launch” we are talking about here.

You of course don’t want a bunch of engineering test units out in the wild with all the testers sharing public ally everything the find wrong or not optimized about the proto types.

I would argue that this is different. The beach version of th manta seems to be well proven as a device, so It’s mostly Fisher’s mechanical package which will be scrutinized.

The groundbreaking (wow - that’s an appropriate use of the word if I ever heard one) things about the Manta are:

it’s iron ID to useful depth
the available (but adjustable) very short pulse delay
The fact that apparently they can make it run at these short delays even in running salt water
Its great depth
Quiet running over mineralized sand

Add it all up and the beaches will be changed.

In my opinion, all of this can and should be should be publicly distributed well before release by uses with the established credibility to command respect.

I am sharing my thoughts with folks at First Texas - maybe they will like the idea.

Rick Kempf
April 26, 2018 09:21PM
Duplicate post

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2018 09:33PM by lytle78.
April 26, 2018 11:49PM
Well im crossing my fingers it really can run IN the salt water with that short delay. No ML double talk. I just want a PI that knows what iron is.... everything else I dig any way. Oh and work on those bottle caps. ... they are a pain on the Nox when u are in neck deep water. Hope this things a beast. He mentioned you have to know when to give up on a target.... not likely if it will size the target.
May 04, 2018 11:27PM
I just got a GPX 4500 in March. I've dug more bullets in the time since I've got it til now than any metal detector I've ever owned. If Fisher can put this in a 3# detector it'll make everything obsolete.
May 05, 2018 12:04PM
Dew - about your question regarding short pulse delays in running salt - Carl Moreland posted on another forum that he has used a Manta at the beach in Oregon in running surf at 6.5 microsecond pulse delay with good results.

Digger - About a 3# Fisher PI to dominate relic hunting inland - they have stated that they are going forward with a land version. Whether their eventual product will be able to equal GPX depths si the question. The video linked below shows it beating one at the beach, but whether a land version can still do it while balancing out ground mineral is an open question. Likewise whether the iron ID feature of the beach version can be retained in a land version is unknown.

Large mens’ gold ring in pipe driven not wet sand - GPX5000 41cm - 16+” ... Manta 3 prototype - 50cm - 19+”

[m.youtube.com]

Rick Kempf
May 05, 2018 02:09PM
Digger70pa Wrote:
> I just got a GPX 4500 in March. I've dug more bull
> ets in the time since I've got it til now than any
> metal detector I've ever owned. If Fisher can put
> this in a 3# detector it'll make everything obsole
> te.

Gold and lead will read the same. No detector will be able to tell the difference. If you are digging lead with your 4500 now....you will still be digging lead with this new machine. The 4500 is an awesome machine. You just need to find some gold country that is more remote and has less bullets.

Dean
May 05, 2018 02:55PM
Fair comment about gold and lead, but I suspect that the “pa” in Digger70pa’s handle stands for Pennsylvania- where digging old bullets is relic hunting - a good thing.

The European relic hunters have experimented with PI’s - they were delighted with the depth but the build-up of a few thousand years of iron scrap made it a losing proposition.

A 3# (1.5 kg) PI with iron ID would sell like hot cakes over there.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2018 03:00PM by lytle78.