Re: New Fisher Manta
March 29, 2019 09:46AM
LeJag thx for the gold chain and iron cut depth loss info.

Yes the 7uS with such silence is a magnificent engineering feat! Its a credit to Fishers AQ team!!
Those deep 10g+ rings must have you digging hard...great effort!!
March 30, 2019 08:43PM
Gentlemen,

I have 'cleaned up' the end part of this thread. Let's keep this respectable, insults and demeaning vulgar content should be left out.

Thank You,

wildwally1
March 30, 2019 08:49PM
wildwally1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gentlemen,
>
> I have 'cleaned up' the end part of this thre
> ad. Let's keep this respectable, insults and deme
> aning vulgar content should be left out.
>
> Thank You,
>
> wildwally1

thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2019 08:50PM by Elbert.
OBN
March 31, 2019 01:21AM
Elbert Wrote:
> wildwally1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Gentlemen,
> >
> > I have 'cleaned up' the end part of this thre
> > ad. Let's keep this respectable, insults and de
> me
> > aning vulgar content should be left out.
> >
> > Thank You,
> >
> > wildwally1

X-2
>
>
> thumbs down
March 31, 2019 01:48AM
Thanks Wally.
April 08, 2019 02:29AM
So this sounds like a Changer unit according to Le Jag.
Catch that Tex.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2019 02:29AM by tnsharpshooter.
April 10, 2019 11:04PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> So this sounds like a Changer unit according to Le
> Jag.
> Catch that Tex.

Yes, he will change the game
for those who will be ready to dig !!! smileys with beer

3 new days go to the beach
a beach that I have done many times
and there's always more / deeper ...

the wedding ring carries a rare hallmark (horse's head = 18k)
it's only my second
he demonstrates that the ring dates from 1838/1919
so it has, a minimum century !!!

among all the rings (of this size)
that I dug, it was one of the deepest.........

a lot of lead = This is the only price to pay
the new formula will now be: no lead no gold spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

and some old coins
of which two from 1655

April 11, 2019 01:26PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:

>
> Dew I am tickled to death to have Alexandre postin
> g on this forum. What more could we ask for here?

Playing catchup - and totally agree TN SS! It's awesome to have the engineers and designers give us first hand information on the Impulse AQ. I found it really difficult and non-productive to slog through the speculation and theories of the earlier part of this (and other) thread. We're very fortunate to have him aboard. Thanks for all your input Alexandre, I can't wait to try it out (once my finances catch up with my wish list).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2019 01:30PM by Gary in Daytona.
Fisher Manta -
April 22, 2019 02:52AM
LeJag, Goldenretriever,

Any updates ? Has gone very quiet. Throwing a bump out there.

Rich (Utah)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
Re: Fisher Manta -
April 22, 2019 03:35AM
Gonebeepin' Wrote:
> LeJag, Goldenretriever,
>
> Any updates ? Has gone very quiet. Throwing a bu
> mp out there.
>
>
> Rich (Utah)

Maybe somebody got a hold of Tarsacci and compared and said uh oh!
Too quiet for too long. Imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2019 03:38AM by tnsharpshooter.
Fisher Manta - Where'd they Go ?
April 22, 2019 05:04AM
Perhaps everybody is at the beach - Testing. And finding so much stuff they don't want to come back. LOL

Rich -

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
April 22, 2019 10:22AM
Im done asking questions until i see the finished product..... rings, depth-aments and pictures at this point from one guy...... ill wait until its out to see the price and warranty and several are swinging and testing it.
April 22, 2019 11:26AM
ACTION, ACTION NOT WORDS, ACTION! - Def Leppard

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
April 24, 2019 11:51AM
Gonebeepin' Wrote:
> LeJag, Goldenretriever,
>
> Any updates ? Has gone very quiet. Throwing a bu
> mp out there.
>
>
> Rich (Utah)

no news from FT, the delay would be due to a problem on the mechanical part ....

tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Gonebeepin' Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > LeJag, Goldenretriever,
> >
> > Any updates ? Has gone very quiet. Throwing a
> bu
> > mp out there.
> >
> >
> > Rich (Utah)
>
>
> Maybe somebody got a hold of Tarsacci and compared
> and said uh oh!
> Too quiet for too long. Imo.

I did not test the tarsacci
according to many of you, he has performance similar to equinox
if it is, it's not really a competitor
we are very far from equinox and 3030 deep on gold ...

Gonebeepin' Wrote:
> Perhaps everybody is at the beach - Testing. A
> nd finding so much stuff they don't want to come b
> ack. LOL
>
>
> Rich -

I am often at the beach, 4 days this weekend
a beach where there was a battle, French / English

look at the large number of musket ball
and among the lead, 40 gr of 18k ....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detector used : Fisher Aquamanta /

Pulsepower Goldscan 5c / Aquastar / Goldquest SSV3 / Nexus Coronado / Vista Gold
April 24, 2019 12:02PM
LE JAG,
It would be nice to see you when showing your finds made with detector. To show the ferrous you actually dug SEPARATE on all your outings when you show the nonferrous you dug.
I think this model, folks are wanting to know how well it distinguishes ferrous. Hence not dig. This seems to be one of the bigger selling points for this model. Show why not show with separating your finds.
And based on your use on beach, ferrous wise what items are the trickiest for the detector to identify property as ferrous. Even the deeper stuff.
Cheers.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2019 12:08PM by tnsharpshooter.
April 24, 2019 12:33PM
on this hunt
I was still in all metals
I had to dig a dozen ferrous (not recognized by the ear)
great maximum ....

I have to see Alexandre in 8/15 days
to test an upgrade of the discimination
research continues / despite the delay in production.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detector used : Fisher Aquamanta /

Pulsepower Goldscan 5c / Aquastar / Goldquest SSV3 / Nexus Coronado / Vista Gold
April 24, 2019 04:03PM
LE.JAG Wrote:
> on this hunt
> I was still in all metals
> I had to dig a dozen ferrous (not recognized by th
> e ear)
> great maximum ....
>
> I have to see Alexandre in 8/15 days
> to test an upgrade of the discimination
> research continues / despite the delay in producti
> on.
>
>
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> [www.youtube.com]

Thanks LE Jag for responding.
April 24, 2019 04:59PM
LE.JAG Wrote:

> I did not test the tarsacci
> according to many of you, he has performance simil
> ar to equinox
> if it is, it's not really a competitor
> we are very far from equinox and 3030 deep on gold.

I don't think anyone on here ever said that the Tarsacci has performance similar to the Equinox.

The Tarsacci gets 3 or 4 inches more depth in the wet sand than the Equinox or 3030. If you are comparing detectors, the Tarsacci has similar performance to the Impulse.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2019 05:10PM by Badger in NH.
April 24, 2019 07:20PM
Mechanical problem? just what does that mean..... moving part.. buttons... coil bolts, sounds like a hardware issue......apparently the disc wasnt what was expected either. The Nox is being used as a comparison because its the hottest new machine for beach hunting plain and simple. Depth was compared to the Xcal...... about 4" difference...... and Tom mentioned nickels at 14". Out of the water its much easier to compare detectors........ in the salt water that task becomes more difficult because of the minerals/salt at various depths. Its almost a guess as to depth out there as well. People PP badly ..... and where was that target really when dug in the scoop? You get kind of a FEEL....... then of course some beach targets very ...... on one beach targets maybe average about 5 or 6"..... while on another 8 to 10". Only deliberate testing will give accurate results......rarely have i seen anyone do that. AND then there is that SKILL level needed on each machine........ that of course is always challenged.
April 24, 2019 07:41PM
LE.JAG never said it was the AQ disc that he was talking about. Long ago they announced that the AQ was just the first of a series of specialized PI detectors.

There will be lots of public testing - some done well and probably some which are easy to criticize - written results and videos. All that will happen after it goes on sale when folks like us get our hands on them and wring them out.

I have no particular knowledge of which “mechanical” issue he refers to, but consider this. Except for the rod assembly, nothing on this machine comes out of First Texas’ “parts bin”. The entire rest of the mechanical package is new. This means not only does it require intense scrutiny to ensure it will do the job, but that the procurement of all the bought in components has to be planned, perhaps dealing with new suppliers - then the entire production system must be qualified to produce it in quantity and to specifications. All in all a lot more than coil bolts (although they are new as well) lol.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
April 24, 2019 07:54PM
Come on Rick....he referred it since that’s the machine he’s testing. So at this point everything you are saying is just an assumption. Because you have not seen this detector in what ....2 years? Also stop making excuses for them and how selective and time consuming parts are. That’s like saying other companies are putting together crap. Sounds like justification for that huge price tag coming. You seem to have an answer for any question .....especially on those that might reflect poorly.
April 24, 2019 07:59PM
I had the detector in October 2018.

I make no excuses - I merely share my own thoughts about bringing a new product to market, something I know a (very) little about.

He said nothing about what discrimination upgrade he was referring to - your conclusion - right or wrong - is your own. In the event you are correct about the discrimination upgrade being for the AQ, how is that a bad thing. Software updates happen all the time in development programs - it’s normal.

I have offered a smidgen of actual information, based on tracking everything publically posted on this program for 2 years now and having actually held an AQ and used it for a few days. In addition to that information, I have speculated on various aspects of the project. That’s all.

I guess the 14” on a nickel Tom mentioned was an air test - or else it would have been in his FL grounds. The little time I had with the AQ, I reliably got a strong signal on a nickel buried 17 to 18 inches in black sand at Coronado in San Diego. I didn’t try any deeper - maybe it would have done more - maybe not - I have no data. If I remember the Tarsacci thread correctly, the black sand setting has a depth penalty attached.

In any event - I find your stuff always —- stimulating. Lol Thanks

Rick Kempf

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2019 08:17PM by lytle78.
April 24, 2019 08:15PM
Dew,
I think Rick is being fair and responsible here with his comments.
Could FT have gotten some rods that were not in spec.
Just an example.

Dew,
You I think have commented about slop in Nox rod.
You want Aqua unit with say a sloppy rod.
Don’t think so.

First Texas hasn’t had a flagship release in a long time. I’ll bet they know good and well all eyes will be on this unit Once released.. So it needs to be right. Viral internet posts about a poor thing on a metal detector not good. Could affect sales big time.

I’ll kindly be patient and let the FT crew do their thing.
And when released will be watching folks comments.
I won’t buy the unit designed for salt water use.
Maybe if they make a dirt unit I will.
No matter though I will pay close attention to this new release when it happens.

Cheers.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2019 08:20PM by tnsharpshooter.
April 24, 2019 08:19PM
My thoughts are, after watching the first video, unless a lot changes, I have made the correct decision for me by purchasing the Tarsacci. I am glad I got to see that video.

Carolina
April 24, 2019 08:20PM
Edit Note. If anybody read my above post more than a few minutes ago, I request that you have another look. I cleaned it up a bit. The original post was a bit too pointed. We all get fired up now and then I guess. Anyway, I revised it.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2019 08:21PM by lytle78.
April 24, 2019 08:24PM
Obviously if they saw a need to upgrade the disc ......it’s a GOOD thing. Who can complain about it getting better? Even fixing a mechanical issue is a GOOD thing ....I hope they get all the kinks out. Tom spent time with the crew and detector as well......but he will plain tell you he has no idea what this new upgraded machine might do. He’s following it as well only from what’s being posted since he doesn’t seem to be in the loop anymore...which is a head scratcher. You seem to have more info than the rest of us...but then you do have more PI experience than most of us and have used the outdated version. Ya ..... I’m having a bad day lol
April 24, 2019 08:33PM
The Tarsacci by all accounts has broad capabilities including excellent salt beach performance. I’m sure Tom would not have gotten involved with it otherwise. I only brought it up because dew did.

The AQ is sharply focused on one thing - finding gold jewelry at the seashore (and fresh water, for that matter). If it turns out to be useful or even excellent at anything else, it’s a bonus.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2019 08:34PM by lytle78.
April 24, 2019 09:00PM
I have never complained about the Nox shaft....mine worked just fine. What I have said was it’s a travel shaft NOT intended for full time water use. I tested and use an Anderson’s shaft. Also....maybe those locks shouldn’t be used. Much better ones out there now and .....can’t just swap out the AQ shaft if ya don’t like it. I believe it was JAG who mentioned the MDT. I’ve yet to see a piece of gold thou smaller than the Nox will find.....so how about some of those....I’d like to see what size gold 7uS might get....I’m thinking near the salt water all thing could be equal. Do a video on some small gold....as far as deep goes we don’t know what that might be in disc. I’m On the fence as well Carolina. It’s what I’d hoped for....small gold and real disc....but I do t know if I’m getting that yet. Sorry guys....I don’t mean to get thread side ways again. Alway fun to tackle a subject with you Rick.... we sometimes agree to disagree.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2019 12:02AM by dewcon4414.
April 24, 2019 09:56PM
Thank you for the update and the finds.
April 25, 2019 10:36AM
Rick...……. the {14" on a Nickel} with the Tarsacci MDT is indeed in the wet-salt sand..... on a real wet-salt beach. (((This is to include: With full-spectrum ID capabilities with Tarsacci))). If the Impulse/AQ is 17" capable on a Nickel.... then … it is indeed the clear-winner for depth. It is my hope (prayers) …. that the Impulse can still ascertain 15" on a Nickel whilst in ID Mode...….. AND...…. can ID the Nickel simply as 'non-ferrous' target...…. to depths GREATER-THAN 14"! (((This critical portion of the topic..... always seems to be circumvented))).
Right now...…. the Tarsacci seems to be the Worlds clear-winner for depth & ID whilst exposed to wet-salt AND Black Sand...….. yet; pending the (lengthy) delay/release of the Impulse.