Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Thinking have found a large civil war camp site!

Posted by Gannon 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Thinking have found a large civil war camp site!
April 27, 2018 02:22AM
On my lunch break I’ve been pouring over maps at my local library. Shelves after shelves loaded with books and maps
I stumbled across a camp and date. I then took a photo and overlayed it on google earth matching streams and terrain.
It matches and.... it’s in a field!

I then looked up the county register of deeds and got the owners address to seek permission.
I’m sure it’s been pounded before... but it’s in an odd place and I dug and dug didn’t see it on a number of maps. Even in the Civil war Atlas book I have it’s not listed.
I’m hoping to give them a my detecting business cards and offer them a small window box if I find anything. Hopefully I can get unrestricted access and let the deus and Equinox go to work.
Next week I plan on going by to either get told “Hell no” or sure... hopefully it’s the latter.

XP Deus
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
22 silvers, 2 silver rings, 1 Gold Ring -YTD 2018

Some of my random digs: [www.youtube.com]
Re: Thinking have found a large civil war camp site!
April 27, 2018 02:36AM
Good luck.
April 27, 2018 12:17PM
good luck!
April 27, 2018 12:47PM
Good luck!! Keep us up to date with your progress.
April 27, 2018 09:25PM
That's a large piece of land....you are going to need some help lol jk. Good luck to you Gannon and I hope the landowner says "yes"
April 28, 2018 12:24AM
That's the way you do it...let us know what you dig up, good luck!