Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

UPDATE w/pics: Took Multi Kruzer To The Old Ghost Town grinning smiley

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
UPDATE w/pics: Took Multi Kruzer To The Old Ghost Town grinning smiley
April 28, 2018 12:41AM
Okay guys, I took the Kruzer out to the ghost town on it's maiden voyage for a good 4.5 hr hunt yesterday to get used to it/test a few modes & see what I could pull out behind the 2 days of using the Deus out there last weekend. The farmer hasn't plowed/prepped the field for planting yet so everything is as it was last weekend and no new targets have been plowed up VS last weekend.

1st off = 2 things:

1: I couldn't do video yesterday because winds were 15/20 MPH out of the N/W with gust at 25 or more so it was a cold 48 degrees with winds like that and it would have made for a noisy/windy video that woulda been worthless anyway but I promise I'll make one soon - the weather is going to be a lot warmer/better from here on out it looks like.

2: Most of the iron shown in the pics was dug on purpose because I'm cleaning the place out little by little to help with the unmasking of good targets. I dig any/all iron I can to rid the site of it but in all honesty = I did get fooled on a couple of pieces thinking they were something good but that's because I was pushing the machine to its limits/running it as hot as she'd go.

I ran 4 tones for a bit when I 1st got there which I really like on the Impact and then messed around with 3 tones for 10/15 mins or so but I quickly learned that 2 tones on the Kruzer has way better modulated audio (VCO type modulated) and so I ran that for the majority of the time. Settings were = 19kHz, 0 disc, 0 isat, gain 90, notch lowest setting, Fe vol. 3, T-break 15, tones 150 kHz for iron and 700 for everything else. GB out at 81

All I can say is WoW! This thing makes an iron infested site come alive with audio clicking/popping, iron grunting and noise from every little piece of whatever's in the ground. It definitely has that Nok/Mak dna of the Racers, Impact and I think even the Fors Gold+ --- it definitely reminds me of the Gold+ in the 2 tone mode in how hot it runs, the audio and in how it makes the ground talk back at you! I think it may have something to do with running in 19 kHz like the Gold+ does VS the Racers & Impact. They just don't seem to light the ground up on quite the same level (even though they are great machines) and I'm not saying they're any better/worse or vise/versa. It's just something I notice since having ran all of them. Outside of this = you'll have to be on your toes/at the top of your game while sifting the heavy iron running it like this because it's noisy and you have to be listening for any/every thing but once she locks onto something = you'll definitely know you've got a non ferrous vs ferrous target in the mix as the audio doesn't lie/let you down. It's fairly easy to tell MOST iron too because it crackles and has a tingy or spongy/hollow sound and the numbers jump around. Once in a while a really deep thicker/bigger piece may fool you but not often and most times you can tell it's iron. And speaking of "deep" = this unit will not let you down there -- for a stock 7x11 coil this thing is crazy deep. The tiny tack hammer in the pics above was a good 14" deep (beyond my predators blade length by 3 or 4 inches) and sounded loud and clear running in 4 tones. Menu/ease of use - it's an easy menu to navigate and especially if you're used to any of the Mak/Nok machines. The build quality = this thing is built like a tank! I like it a LOT. The main reason I bought this machine is for the waterproof feature and it's build quality to take in creeks and small rivers around here full of iron junk but to also handle the abuse of the terrain. We have tons of river rock from pebble size up to small boulder size so I need something that can handle being sloshed around in that type of environment and it looks like it'll do just fine thumbs down

Items worth mention:
A CW Eagle Coat button (slightly pushed in center)
A WWI Gen Service Coat button
A V nickel 1898 I believe
A CW Business/store card
a couple misc civilian buttons, clay pipe stem, etc.

Pics tell the rest of the story,

thanks for looking/reading thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2018 03:13PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
Re: Taking A Kruzz Through The Old Ghost Town grinning smiley
April 28, 2018 12:59AM
We're you able to get the 7in concentric? I've only been able to get the 5in dd so far. Can't wait to hear how you do.
April 28, 2018 01:00AM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fun fun fun! No brag = just happy!
>
> Multi Kruzer - stay tuned = we're gonna see what t
> his baby will do in some nasty iron out in the Gho
> st Town (maybe tomorrow) = just showed up on my do
> orstep a little bit ago grinning smiley
>
> Will report back here in this thread with my resul
> ts -- may even shoot some vid footage thumbs down
>
>
>

Let 'er rip Wayne!---Let's see if it does what it says on the box!----Give us some vid footage (please)--we love your piture shows!smiling smiley
April 28, 2018 01:12AM
Welgund Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We're you able to get the 7in concentric? I've on
> ly been able to get the 5in dd so far. Can't wait
> to hear how you do.

Not yet Welgund but I'm gonna order one in the next day or 2 - I hear detector.com has them in stock = must have for water work and anywhere rusty flat iron or rusty steel bottle caps and the like are. Will sift iron like no tomorrow too thumbs down
April 28, 2018 01:18AM
Yeah, detector.com only had the 5in dd, said more 7in was on the way though. I ordered it and said they will charge me when it comes in and ships. So I ordered the 5in so I can hit my sage brush infested sites where I need a smaller coil then the stock etc. I've been running the VGG with the super 6 for the last couple weeks though so have time to wait.
April 28, 2018 02:34AM
MRH,
Congrats on the new machine. Not much has been reported here about the Kruzer. Looking forward to your thoughts about it especially with your experience with the Impact. Curious to see if it's more than a waterproof Impact. It seems to have had a very underwhelming launch.

Dean
April 28, 2018 02:43AM
Put it to work Wayne.

Have a feeling you are going to like it.

I have the stock and 7 inch concentric for mine. Want to hear reports on the 5 inch DD.
April 28, 2018 02:50AM
Not sure what your dirt is like, but I really liked the MMK at my relic sites thumbs down
April 28, 2018 01:49PM
Good Day Fellows; On e-bay you can order one of the 7" concentrics from Turkey, ($129 free shipping) I could not find one here in the States several weeks ago. Had it in about 4 days, just checked the site and he has 6 left at this point. It is one coil I could not live without on the Kruzer!! Lol
April 28, 2018 04:27PM
I have the 7" concentric and really love it. However, if you have bad hearing and plan on using the Kruzer unit underwater, it may be an issue for you. When using the wireless headphones, the highest volume setting I can use on the Kruzer is 2 before they become too loud. However, when using the headphone adapter with my Sunray Pro Gold headphones with volume controls wide open, the volume on the Kruzer has to be set to a minimum of 8 for it to be loud enough. Has anyone else been experiencing the same thing? I've sent 3 emails to Dilek about this issue, but she has not answered any of them. Believe this is a hardware issue and not something that can be corrected with a firmware update.
April 28, 2018 05:13PM
Mine works fine with my killer bees think volume ends up at 3 or 4. Have to have the volume on the headphones themselves wide open though
April 28, 2018 06:23PM
The multi Kruzer is one nice iron sifter..

The 7 inch coil is phenomenal in iron..think Shadow X5 or Tejon but with tone ability..clean iron disc.yet more rounder hits in nails on co locates....on real several masked targets I have found I can get more rotation out of the target with less iron tone.vs say same size dd that may only give 180 degree roarion while staying high tone..I can go attention times another 45 degrees rotation or more..

The seven is one of my favorite coils on the Kruzer..

Very good ID locks..think tesoro type reports. It's very much like tesoro with that coil...I'm wnatimg to ask alper for a 5C. For iron sifting clean..And and maybe even 9C..for my better dirt sites for depth and cleaner disc..

Concentric offer some at times advantage to DD in iron when you have it coupled to a machine you can tweak and apply less filtering and exact toen breaks...it can calm some of the noise down and still concentrate on a ROUND bit in Sea of iron even with the bleedy filter in use.take say a 5x10 dd and compare to a 7 and while you need both for certain tasks.if the dirt is sweet and funky iron big and small a 7 inch will be much more sleuthy on compared targets..

I'm glad we have options..used too on say shadow on 19khz the DD 5x10 stepped up performance because it allowed faster tighter resolution..BUT with a machine like a Multi Kruzer the 19khz with it's bleedy blendy ability and exact breaks coupled to a Concentric creates another option..

Glad to see you with a MK Wayne..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: UPDATE w/pics: Took Multi Kruzer To The Old Ghost Town grinning smiley
April 29, 2018 03:15PM
Thanks Keith

gonna order a 7" con. and waterproof HP's this week thumbs down
April 29, 2018 04:57PM
Great first hunt with the MMK.

After running and using several modes, I like 2 tone a lot. I can understand the machine in that mode the best. Especially relic hunting where there is a lot of iron.

Coin hunting in 3 tone with gain at 85 is also a great way to run it in trash to pick off silver and clad.

I agree the build quality is really good. Feels very sturdy.
April 29, 2018 05:07PM
Excellent report MRH. I liked the Fors Relic at 19 khz also and this seems to be even better. Keith saying it reminds him of a Tesoro with the concentric makes it a winner for me. I think Tabman needs to get him one also.lol
April 29, 2018 05:11PM
You think You could have found more with the mighty Nox? Ha.
April 29, 2018 05:21PM
Doubtful, probably would have gotten tired of swinging it cause it's top heavy and the shaft would have fallen apart cause it wobbles to much. Then he probably would have spent most the day digging shallow tin can ration lids cause they sound and ID like high conductors with no modulation to tell you it's a big item just under the surface. I don't own one but the reports have been telling me this. Unless they fix the modulation and give it some kind of overload on shallow stuff I have no interest.
April 29, 2018 05:25PM
Yep, most Newbs don't even know what Modulated Audio is. Ha!
April 29, 2018 05:30PM
Thanks Rover61 and Welgund. Definitely a great little unit full of spark and love that 2 tone audio/mode for iron sifting for sure thumbs down

I can also see where Keith says it reminds him of the Tesoro’s — it’s the way the descriminator works/how it acts in the iron. Sorta like the old classic 1, 2, 3 whites too.

Harold = yer funny! Tryin hard to get me to stir the pot ain’t you!? EQ has proven its a good unit too for what it is/does but it’s just not my cup of tea thumbs down

Edit:

Welgund = yer funny too! But so true!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2018 05:35PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
April 29, 2018 05:33PM
Great report MRH and pics---thanks for braving the elements !!
April 29, 2018 05:52PM
Ole' MRH! That's O.K. I can stir it on My own. Lmao!
April 29, 2018 07:50PM
Great post! Love those store cards. Thanks for the info.
April 29, 2018 09:34PM
Nice hunt, like the token/store card, don't see those out here ever really. That button with the shield and O is interesting, wonder what it stood for?

I've never been found of 1-tone/2-tone hunting, just never found it to be tonally pleasing/telling. Maybe I should give 2-tone another try, but I really loved the ultra sparky 4-TONE mode on the Multi Kruzer, really did a fantastic job sifting iron when I did my field testing at my Spanish outpost site I posted about. Made some amazing finds at a site my buddy had written off, and we had hunted hard. I hope to take the EQ800 there this fall and see how it does, maybe by then they'll actually have more then one coil available for it eye rolling smiley Also the MMK's 3-TONE mode with GAIN 89 or less, talk about fast, doubt there's a faster recovery speed detector on the planet, that was impressive, if not overkill for me, I really found the 4-TONE to be fantastic in iron (deep silver really jumps out in 4-TONE). I agree, very deep seeking machine, world class unmasking and it's easy to run, and fun to use.

Nice thing about the MMK is there's already something like 11 coils available for it - IIRC there's 6 coils from Makro and now 5 from Mars...I'm sure NEL will also make some (need that NEL Snake coil!!).

The Multi Kruzer is serious confidence boosting detector hunting in thick iron, sure flat iron and some other pieces will fool you, just like any other machine, but it's ability to sniff non-ferrous out of thick ferrous was amazing, I really felt that if there was a conductor under my coil, short of a tin-can or big piece of iron covering it, I was was going to hear it. I have not have that confidence from most other detectors that I've used there.

HH,
Brian
April 29, 2018 10:35PM
Some neat saves and fine report. HH jim tn
April 30, 2018 01:00PM
Nice digs, MRH, and nice report. As you continue to use the Kruzer, I'd like to hear about any differences between it and the Impact. I have the Impact and don't (presently) believe I "need" a Kruzer.

Wayne
April 30, 2018 02:37PM
Good deal MRH. .... .... .... Rodman also seems to be doing pretty good with his Kruzer. I want to see it in action and we've been trying to get out but our schedules aren't lining up.

I have a bud that ordered the EQ a while back and is getting impatient. He has never used a good trash machine so I am anxious to watch his face as he sweeps the coil, this could be funny and eye opening for him. He's use to null city.
May 01, 2018 03:56PM
Ncwayne

If you have the impact but don’t need the waterproof feature of the multi kruzer then you’re not missing anything really. You actually lose a few modes that the impact has. It actually only has 6 modes compared to impact with 12

Outside of that the only other differences I see are the kruzer is lighter, and the impact runs 5 14 and 20 kHz VS the kruzer with 5 14 and 19 kHz.