Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Any word on 6" coil for the NOX ?

Posted by Frank in NH 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Any word on 6" coil for the NOX ?
May 01, 2018 11:11PM
How about control covers?
Re: Any word on 6" coil for the NOX ?
May 01, 2018 11:40PM
Control covers are being sold on Ebay for $23, free shipping.

May 01, 2018 11:42PM
Frank,

They've got EQ control covers on eBay...
Some from the UK (Searcher magazine brand from Detecnicks), and Deano's from US.

Both fit well, but I like the Deano's better because you can leave it on and still charge and/or use the wired headphones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2018 11:43PM by Mike in CO.
May 03, 2018 04:42PM
Got my order in on the 6 inch coil. $179 shipped. Said around 2 weeks. Can't wait to try it. I think it's going to be amazing.
May 04, 2018 10:18AM
I reckon the 6'' coil on the Nox could well be a tremendous combination on trashy sites here in the UK,especially when running the 'single' higher freq on say silver hammer coins and small gold items,will be interesting on seeing reviews from genuine users rather than high profile company selected folks.
May 04, 2018 11:58AM
I kind of get a chuckle every time i see someone asking about coils or any accessory....... when they cant even deliver the machines. Headphones were supposed to be out the 1st week of April...... yet here we are.........let them stand in line. To me taking pre orders for accessories........ is like we dont know when they will come out so let them do a pre order rather than keep saying we dont know when they will be out. This is genius hype ...... or a royal SNAFU. Its worth having........ but dang ML.
May 08, 2018 05:31PM
Anyone have a confirmed ship date yet?
May 08, 2018 05:46PM
I bet Ole' Calabsh will get one.grinning smiley
May 08, 2018 06:39PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I bet Ole' Calabsh will get one.grinning smiley

That one comes with a microphone , mirror and Go-Pro built in so he can see , hear and watch himself while detecting.
May 09, 2018 04:08AM
Maybe, just maybe by 2019 one will have the whole Nox set-up. Whats the cost on all these accessories, batteries, ect..?? Kinda like......here's an cheap tablet.....now buy the services to run it. Except worse cause you have to wait soooo long for each puzzle piece and/or pay more than the sticker price. Huge gamble.
May 09, 2018 12:45PM
It's interesting to me how so many people concentrate on just the negative aspects of things. Kind of like how the news works, just point out the negative and rarely point out the positive. Yes I'm looking forward to the optional accessories for the Equinox, but the fact that I can't get them has not hampered my enjoyment of or time spent out using my detector. I really don't think the prices are unreasonable either. If you compare the prices of new CZ coils designed twenty or so years ago to the newly designed Equinox coils, I'd say the prices are right in line. To me, the Equinox coils are better designed also. The CZ coils are heavy in comparison. It's kind of like the complaints about the built in rechargeable battery that the Equinox uses. People were complaining that it wasn't user serviceable. Well, it turns out that it is and in practice has been one of my favorite things about the detector.The only problem that I can find with the Equinox is that Minelab are selling them faster than they can manufacture them.
May 09, 2018 02:17PM
Shakydigger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's interesting to me how so many people concentr
> ate on just the negative aspects of things. Kind o
> f like how the news works, just point out the nega
> tive and rarely point out the positive.
Yes I'm lo
> oking forward to the optional accessories for the
> Equinox, but the fact that I can't get them has no
> t hampered my enjoyment of or time spent out using
> my detector. I really don't think the prices are u
> nreasonable either. If you compare the prices of n
> ew CZ coils designed twenty or so years ago to the
> newly designed Equinox coils, I'd say the prices a
> re right in line. To me, the Equinox coils are bet
> ter designed also. The CZ coils are heavy in compa
> rison. It's kind of like the complaints about the
> built in rechargeable battery that the Equinox use
> s. People were complaining that it wasn't user ser
> viceable. Well, it turns out that it is and in pra
> ctice has been one of my favorite things about the
> detector.The only problem that I can find with the
> Equinox is that Minelab are selling them faster th
> an they can manufacture them.

WARNING SEMI-POLITICAL RANT BELOW. PLEASE DISREGARD IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ POLITICAL STUFF.

Whether they know it or not, bad news for others means less bad news for themselves. The problem with today's society is two fold.

Too much self: Because people have no time anymore because they are always working, doing house work, or taking care of others needs, that any amount of "me time" is amplified and then spills over into any situation that can hold it. Therefore, any infringement on "me time" warrants a non-friendly response. I don't mind working, but we work too hard for too little. Call me lazy, but working for another, paid or not, is a form of slavery.

The loss of connection: I said "hello" to two people that walked by me and they said nothing. There was a time when people weren't too busy or too afraid to answer. We lost the church, we lost the family, we can't trust anyone, and we are too angry. We cannot connect with each other so we keep to ourselves. We are self-destructing.

The solution: Live with-in our means and companies need to provide less working hours and better pay. Give people time to reconnect, rebuild families, find their faith, and learn to embrace each other again.
May 10, 2018 12:03AM
I personally love most Minelab products.......Sovereigns, Explorers, Etrac.....Never owned a CTX. I just wish they did better at the business end / customer service. I am so hoping the Nox succeeds. Lots more waterproof models since the AT Pro, but waterproof doesnt automatically mean works good in saltwater. I think people still like the Excal, but kinda heavy.....so maybe the Nox is the answer. I have used a TDI, but it wasnt waterproof....good tho. Thanks......Fake News is either all positive or all negative....never balanced