Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Folding money found,,

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Folding money found,,
May 10, 2018 02:13PM
Over the years found a 20 dollar bill, 4 fives scattered in a field and perhaps a doz. ones,,,how many have you found ?
Re: Folding money found,,
May 10, 2018 02:54PM
One time a 5 and 3 ones folded together in a park.
May 10, 2018 02:57PM
I found a 20 dollar bill.

Another time I was walking into Walmart at the sliding the sliding door and there was a bill floating in the air. My nephew grabbed it in the air and it was a 50 dollar bill. I told him that's mine and he gave to me. Then I gave it back to him. It wasn't mine.

Rick
May 10, 2018 04:40PM
I love finding folding money. There is just something special about it. $20's and $1's seem to be the most common for me. And they can show up just about anywhere.

HH
Mike
May 10, 2018 05:09PM
I once found a money bag in the middle of the road about 35yrs ago. Someone had dropped it, probably as they crossed the road on the way to the bank to lodge it.
I gave it to my friends dad as he was the local policeman, but after a period it wasn't claimed, so i got to keep it.
It was maybe 20yrs later in the local pub when in conversation similar to this that i found out that who owned it.
From memory there was about £300 in it, a fair amount back then.
May 10, 2018 06:13PM
A single 5 Pound note so far this year. Last year was 2 x 5 Pound and one 10 Pound. In 2016, it was one 5 and one 10.

Mostly from in/around supermarket car parks. [US: store parking lot]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2018 09:39PM by Pimento.
May 10, 2018 06:58PM
Over the years I have found several pieces of folding money, one twenty as I recall, but mostly one dollar bills. One folding money recovery still stands out, however. We had a business over in Ga back in the early 90's and I had gotten in the habit of detecting the local fairgrounds starting at first early morning light for a couple of hours. Since I was frequenting it almost daily I would take a small area and grid search it. When done for the morning I would mark the spot and then the next morning commence my searching there. One morning upon arriving at yesterdays ending spot I noted several beer cans laying out a few yards where I would be detecting, so I grabbed a sack from my vehicle and went out to pick them up. Upon doing so I noted a folded bill laying near the cans. The bill turned out to be two $50.00 bills. I usually end this tale by stating, "so it really does pay to pick up all trash." HH jim tn
May 10, 2018 07:05PM
I got a $50 once, just laying in a parking lot of an apartment complex in Nashville, while I was out for a jog. I've also found a few other smaller bills a few different times...

Steve
May 10, 2018 07:46PM
Found a 20 rolled in a tight circle at pecan fest--asked several vendors if anyone had reported a loss,none had sooo--
A fiver on walk at walmart------I always pick up any change on parking lots---some folks look at me like ?--if they only knew.
May 10, 2018 07:50PM
One $20 in a mall entrance. Two $20’s stuck together in a wood pile along side a barn once. A $10 bill came blowing directly at me up to my feet in a party store parking lot once - we pulled up and I opened my door and seen it coming across the lot/didn’t even have to move = that was a good one! Have found countless $1 bills thru-out the yrs in yards, parks, lots, etc.
May 10, 2018 09:06PM
Two $20 in a parking lot!
May 10, 2018 10:44PM
A roll of dimes, not silver...found while detecting. Ha! Duh, edit: just realized, a roll of dimes isn't folding money...I need to pay more attention. lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2018 09:38AM by ozzie.
May 11, 2018 12:40AM
I've found a mini stack of $20s totaling $80. Several individual bills of low denomination here and there. Locally the news outlets and social media have been shaming people for picking up dropped cash at stores and restaurants. Let's say you are pumping gas and look down and lo and behold, there lays $100 or whatever. If it's me I am gonna pick it up and smile ear to ear. But today's society thinks you are stealing by doing so. They will use the security cams to plaster the video or your picture on the news or social media.

One time they ran a little series; kinda a knock off of that "what would you do" show, where they would have hidden cameras and use large bills in cash as the bait. They wanted to see how many would report it or pocket it. Then they'd jump out and confront them about stealing. I think it's BS but then again I don't eat Tide pods or snort condoms so there's that. Haha.
May 11, 2018 12:52AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've found a mini stack of $20s totaling $80. Sev
> eral individual bills of low denomination here and
> there. Locally the news outlets and social media
> have been shaming people for picking up dropped ca
> sh at stores and restaurants. Let's say you are p
> umping gas and look down and lo and behold, there
> lays $100 or whatever. If it's me I am gonna pick
> it up and smile ear to ear. But today's society t
> hinks you are stealing by doing so. They will use
> the security cams to plaster the video or your pic
> ture on the news or social media.
>
> One time they ran a little series; kinda a knock o
> ff of that "what would you do" show, where they wo
> uld have hidden cameras and use large bills in cas
> h as the bait. They wanted to see how many would
> report it or pocket it. Then they'd jump out and
> confront them about stealing. I think it's BS but
> then again I don't eat Tide pods or snort condoms
> so there's that. Haha.

So we're suppose to turn it in to the people who work at the gas station/Quick Mart---oh, I'm sure they would get it to the owners !! LOL
May 11, 2018 03:49AM
I agree...it is stupid. Now, if it's a wallet or something with ID in it, I could see that. I'd do whatever I could to track down the owner and see that they got it back exactly as found. But if it's just loose cash? How are you suppose to find the correct owner? Every one would claim it as theirs. It's like those guys on YouTube that river hunt and find Go Pro cameras. Guaranteed the comments will have at least 5 people claiming it is theirs.
May 11, 2018 04:06AM
Heres a tip....find a wallet etc.....get the owners name and have them paged them and give it to them,,,would never turn in as goes in someones pocket..
Found two this year and worked well...
May 11, 2018 04:20AM
Something like $40 not long ago at one of the self-checkout stations at Safeway. I did give it to the Safeway employee they have stationed watching over those stations, hoping she would return it to the owner if he/she came back looking for it--but, yeah, good chance she just pocketed it, I suppose. Otherwise, I have found a few bills on the sidewalk over the years, that I kept. I believe the largest bill was $10, so not that much smiling smiley
May 11, 2018 07:09PM
Largest bill found was a $20 lying along the road soaking wet. Strangest was a dollar bill frozen on a sidewalk low spot covered with ice. I still have that one... the dirtiest money in the world.
Once found a $10 floating on top of the water in a lake, while kayaking. Many buck singles found while walking my dog.
May 11, 2018 10:51PM
I always check cigarette packs that folks throw on the ground.
Quite frequently they have a buck or two tucked in them!
May 12, 2018 01:58PM
Not folding money,but GOLD. Charles Garrett stated in one of his books that he had Personally found Several gold coins stuck in the binding portion of old books---many old books will have a space between the cover and the binding edge of the book.
May 12, 2018 03:34PM
Quote:"gold coins stuck in the binding portion of old books"
Makes me wonder what you may find in a library, or 'vintage' bookshop, using a pinpointer type device. You would have to be discrete, maybe use a disguised probe. Metal shelves could spoil things, as could security tags/magnets etc fitted in the books.
May 13, 2018 10:17PM
Correction: two five Pound notes so far this year, as I've just bagged another fiver lying at the edge of a road, whilst out and about detecting this afternoon.
( Plus a nice silver ring too, for my digging efforts ...)

Update, October: I've just found a 10 Pound note whilst cycling near town. I should add - I was actually looking, it wasn't just random luck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2018 05:06PM by Pimento.
May 13, 2018 10:22PM
I found 3 $100.00 bills in a parking lot.
May 13, 2018 11:44PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Over the years found a 20 dollar bill, 4 fives sca
> ttered in a field and perhaps a doz. ones,,,how m
> any have you found ?

If the place where you found paper money is in your hometown, be sure to recheck this area often. Learn the way the wind tends to blow. Me and some friends like scouting an empty Lot in the main business area...paper money was found there multiple times, caught in the weeds.
May 15, 2018 04:43AM
Speak of the devil! Look what was in the news tonight.
[newschannel9.com]
May 15, 2018 08:44AM
A $20 in a pile of wind blown leaves and $80 in the ATM of the local convenience store which I did turn in since they have security cameras and could find the owner.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
May 16, 2018 04:54PM
Relative that wind blowing...some people know the wind direction and check the final fence which tends to have bills stuck to it...it works as know one fellow who does it..
Over the years found a lot mostly one dollar bills....
May 16, 2018 06:00PM
Referencing Daniel's news link....

Notice they used the term "Victim" for the person that walked off without their cash, as if they had been assaulted or robbed.

HH
Mike
May 17, 2018 09:49AM
Just last month...... a $100 in the back of a cell phone........ and a $10 and $20 on other hunts floating in the water. A cell phone maybe dead...... but kids do tend to stash their cash between the phone and the cover. That cell phone almost went in the thrash.