Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

fisher and tekneticks duplication on models

Posted by diggers 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
fisher and tekneticks duplication on models
May 14, 2018 10:36AM
i was looking at the new probes and see theyre all the same except colours so why do they copy each others products ??must be a waste of money
Re: fisher and tekneticks duplication on models
May 14, 2018 10:48AM
Fisher, Teknetics and Bounty Hunter are all designed and manufactured by First Texas Products in the same facility in El Paso. The maintenance of three spectate brands is partly due to the three brand names having value in the marketplace and partly due to entirely different marketing and distribution arrangements.

I suppose that having a model at every price point in every level of distribution is useful for them and worth the effort of the extra engineering and administrative effort.

The pinpointers are identical except for the color and logo. The detectors are each unique - except for the re-labeling of 3 machines (Teknetics Eurotek Pro, BH Land Ranger Pro and Fisher 70) in order to market direct online as the Ameritek line (Minuteman, Liberator and Patriot).

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2018 01:08PM by lytle78.
May 14, 2018 12:44PM
Rick,as usual, with up to date info---now we know.
May 14, 2018 01:23PM
Thanks doc h. The business of designing, building and selling metal detectors has been an area which I have explored for about 10 years now. It is amazing to me how they have succeeded in charging a premium for boxes full of low-cost components. The answer, of course is in the hardware and software design - and this part of the picture is evolving rapidly.

I got interested a long time ago in this company in El Paso. It seemed like an unlikely collection of brands and models and so I have searched out data on it from the Forums and other internet sources plus Facebook pages about their company and products. On the whole, they have disclosed more about how their company actually works than any other in the detector business.

All the above info on brands and models has been released publically by FT in various posts by Marketing folks like Tim Mallory the VP of Marketing and Sales, Mike Scott and Russ Balbirona - plus engineers like Jorge Anton Saad, Carl Moreland and Dave Johnson. On the whole, they have disclosed more about how their company actually works than any other in the detector business.

The basic story is that a manufacturer of (I think) automotive electronics components in El Paso got interested in the possibility of building metal detectors and bought the defunct Bounty Hunter brand and intellectual property. After some contracted engineering work and early manufacture, he hired Dave Johnson who has designed a large percentage of the best American detectors as Chief Designer. He later acquired the assets of the nearly (or totally) bankrupt Fisher Labs detector company. At some point along the way, the Teknetics brand and intellectual property were acquired

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2018 01:38PM by lytle78.
May 14, 2018 06:03PM
Good info for "enquiring minds"---I don't think FT will try to mislead with charts showing" 28 frequencies at once". DUCK here comes the PFB*

*PitchFork Brigade
May 14, 2018 08:21PM
Thanx lytle78. Interesting info.
May 14, 2018 09:29PM
And........... for various reasons............... there are dealers that ONLY carry Teknetics.................. and dealers that ONLY carry Fisher.,.,.,.,.,.,.,., so...... FTP will manufacture for both markets/distro-channels.
May 15, 2018 02:11PM
so which probe ? a red or green model ?
May 15, 2018 03:45PM
I'll state the obvious here - you'll lose the green one in the woods, or long grass.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2018 03:46PM by Pimento.