Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Possible once in a lifetime find-UPDATE.

Posted by Beyonder-Pa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Possible once in a lifetime find-UPDATE.
June 04, 2018 03:26PM
First, I don't want to say what it is because I don't wish to get my hopes up nor taint anyone's opinion on it. Second, when I get home today, I am going to post some pics and hopefully, someone will be able to tell me what I have.

The item was found with the Nox 800 over a foot deep in a park from the late 1700's and could be of great historical significance!

I am excited to say the least as my gut is telling me, I got a once in a life time item...stay tuned!

And here are the pics! Tell me what you guys think! Did I find significant history???

[www.treasurenet.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2018 11:10PM by Beyonder-Pa.
Re: Possible once in a lifetime find.
June 04, 2018 05:56PM
A Washington inaugural button....just testing my gut feeling, lol.
June 04, 2018 06:03PM
I can tell you this, it isnt a button or a coin. Try to get the pics up by 6:30 EST
June 04, 2018 06:13PM
Well,
Do tell.

Go Nox !!!

Hope it's a good em. Then these Nox nonbelievers can eat crow. Lol
Re: Possible once in a lifetime find-UPDATE.
June 04, 2018 11:10PM
Updated!!
June 05, 2018 01:06AM
what is it?
June 05, 2018 01:58AM
I would like to believe it is an original die(cast) for the 1880 Ulysses S Grant Convention Medal.

[www.railsplitter.com].

"Grant 1881 Convention Medal... a special issue! One of the more interesting pieces of political exonumia we have encountered, a 2 3/4" diameter bronze medal featuring a bust profile of Grant surrounded by laurels and a series of numbers. The verso identifies the medal as a "Commemorative of the 36 Ballots of The Old Guard for Ulysses S. Grant For President" at the 1880 Chicago Convention. A self-congratulatory piece cast in 1881 by the loyal supporters of U.S. Grant who stuck by him through 36 ballots at the 1880 Convention as Grant attempted to win an unprecedented third nomination for President. This unique offering has been engraved with the name of the original recipient, John Cessna. Offered together with a leather-bound book, 31p, 6 1/4 x 8", adorned with a hollow replica of the medal on the recto and verso printed for a reunion dinner of "The Old Guard" in Philadelphia on April 25, 1893. This select group, nicknamed "306" for the number of delegates who stood with Grant on the final ballot as the balance of the convention stampeded to Garfield. A fascinating piece of political memorabilia. (Est. $400-500)"
June 05, 2018 02:49AM
I think you will have to be satisfied that someone left it , whatever it is , behind for you to find.
Nice potential site however.
June 05, 2018 04:37AM
WOW! Digging a little deeper, these commemorative medals were all personalized. My mold/die was for Jas. A. Beaver who is actually James Addams Beaver who was a civil war vet and the 20th governor of Pennsylvania!
June 05, 2018 11:15AM
Way cool!
June 05, 2018 01:37PM
Great find---Congrats !!!! Keep us posted.
June 05, 2018 06:49PM
i'm hoping Kieth or Tom or someone more in tune with history will validate my educated assumption.