Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Guess The "Nox" Users Eat Crow Today!? grinning smiley

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Guess The "Nox" Users Eat Crow Today!? grinning smiley
June 05, 2018 12:50AM
1870s House/Property

Nobody's lived in it for a couple decades but it's maintained by the family/trust.

Got permission from owners and dug this piece next to a burned out/fallen down small barn in the trees to the right in picture.

Multi Kruzer with 7" Concentric coil -- 4 or 5" deep -- sounded broken/sorta like flat iron but kept giving good tone one way and reading solid 84/85 on screen.

Both wings were slightly bent but I'm not complaining and I straightened them upon returning home thumbs down

Eat crow Nox koolaid drinkers!

Re: Guess The "Nox" Users Eat Crow Today!? grinning smiley
June 05, 2018 12:58AM
Wow … messed up a great find post with such a bull crap post. Anyway congrats. My next post might read kruzer users quit drinking the kool aid and look what the deus did. Going into a area where slave tags have come from tomorrow so wish me luck.
June 05, 2018 01:03AM
Ole' MRH!
June 05, 2018 01:09AM
calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow … messed up a great find post with such a bull
> crap post. Anyway congrats. My next post might rea
> d kruzer users quit drinking the kool aid and look
> what the deus did. Going into a area where slave t
> ags have come from tomorrow so wish me luck.

Oh = you mean like how your "buddy" did in Beyonder-Pa's post telling us all that we're eating crow because of something HE found with the "nox"??

What comes around goes around!

Good luck on your slave tag property though = we can only dream of sites like that in MOST areas of the country out here thumbs down

PS = I have a Deus too = my #1 fav machine since they came out for iron sifting -- have had 3 of them in 5 yrs so it won't hurt my feelings IF you do as you say you might if you find something grinning smiley
June 05, 2018 01:59AM
Awsome find MRH! Love the Kruzer with the 7in concentric in the heavy trash.
"Nox" Users Eat Crow Today!? grinning smiley
June 05, 2018 04:08AM
Beautiful find there MRH ! Would love to see a pic when you have it cleaned up and ready for display.

So why am I eating crow ? ? ? Didn't get that part. eye popping smiley

Anyway, glad you've found a friend in the Multi-Kruzer. Monte let me borrow his for a bit. thumbs down Very Nice detector.

Rich (Utah)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
June 05, 2018 04:16AM
Nice find. Just going by the size, shape and metal its made of, I'd say the Nox could have hit it with the standard coil. Not just the Nox, but probably a few other detectors too. Round shape, fairly large and made of brass, not the worst type of target in iron. Not downing you, just telling you how I see it. I think it says more about your ability to get a good permission than the ability of the Kruzer. Nice looking property! Is that all you found?
June 05, 2018 04:27AM
That's a nice one thumbs down

The MMK is a killer iron sifter with a nice coil selection. Haven't tried the little concentric coil, but the little closed loop KR19 4" x 7.5" DD coil is like a laser in iron, great for brushy areas too.
June 05, 2018 04:46AM
I shot and killed 2 crows this weekend with my "crappy cartridge" .22 Mag. 1 @ 90 yards and the other at 123 yards in what's left of my garden that they've already pretty much wrecked. Y'all can settle it between yourself as to who is gonna eat them smiling smiley

My hat is off to anybody still out digging this time of year. You are either dedicated or insane. We've had an abundance of rain and that has led to a bumper crop of mosquitoes, high weeds, and for some reason this seems to be one of the worse years for ticks that I can recall.
June 05, 2018 05:04AM
Nice looking item for sure. Is that a virgin site?
Going by the size of it you could have found it with a pinpointer tied to a stick at that depth lol
I guess i'm just missing the point of the thread...........
June 05, 2018 11:01AM
Very nice find. Congrats! I never liked the Racer series and I owned both of them. I took one more chance on the Impact and loved it. Just too much to swing for me. I hear great things about the Kruzer. Most owners really enjoy it. I have also owned a few Deus detectors through the years. Great detectors as well. It was really the first one to open my eyes on what I was missing with FBS machines in the dirt. Just not a fan of the wireless coil or the way they update the detector.
June 05, 2018 01:19PM
Nice find!
Not sure about the whole " eating crow" thing either?
What is that from? History of it?

Dean
June 05, 2018 01:27PM
A Real piece of history---back when America WAS Great !!!

Congrats on a beautiful find----and post that got "their" drawers in a wad,yet again.LOL
June 05, 2018 01:50PM
Last 11 words---grinning smiley-----------Hey, congrats on the neat find Wayne! doc holiday Wrote:
> A Real piece of history---back when America WAS Gr
> eat !!!
>
> Congrats on a beautiful find----and post that got
> "their" drawers in a wad,yet again.LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2018 01:52PM by D&P-OR.
June 05, 2018 03:12PM
I don't know why I should be eating crow because I use a NOX.
I always tell people use what works for you in your area.
June 05, 2018 06:13PM
It has to do with TN sharpshooter comment in "possible find of a lifetime thread". Said anyone Dissing the Nox are eating crow.
June 05, 2018 07:46PM
Crow breasts aren't bad....dark and similar to duck, but less greasy. Cool find by the way, MRH.
June 05, 2018 08:32PM
Better to eat crow than have them feast on you.
June 05, 2018 08:34PM
I have the Multi Kruzer and the Nox 800. thumbs down I'm eating Steak annnnnd Lobster!!smileys with beer
June 05, 2018 09:11PM
Since the pot has been stirred by the OP, I'm going to jump in with some questions.
This incredible find by MRH has been one of only a few good finds posted up by somebody using the MK (especially on this forum). Even the dedicated MK forum on FM is very slow (sparse). Why is that?

Conversely, the great finds made and posted by Nox users is overwhelming.

Nok/Mak produces very good machines, no doubt. I've had three including the Impact. I don't believe (anymore) that the MK is just a waterproof Impact...there must be something more to it. But, could this " something more" have been added to the Impact with a simple upgrade? Can it still?
I'm puzzled by the lack of finds being posted (or not) by MK user's. Users of this forum have posted very little regarding the MK. Did they not sell well here in the US? Or, wasn't the MK enough of an upgrade over the Impact to justify dumping the Impact for a MK?

Dean
June 05, 2018 09:14PM
So any idea as to what function it had or what it might have been attached to?
June 05, 2018 09:19PM
Welgund Wrote:
> It has to do with TN sharpshooter comment in "poss
> ible find of a lifetime thread". Said anyone Diss
> ing the Nox are eating crow.

Lol

I see SOME actually read grinning smiley

Thanks for the comments guys/it was nice to find something good for a change. Been striking out at nearly every place I’ve hunted all spring. Getting to be slim pickings around here with all the competition for fresh/new sites thumbs up

Didn’t find anything else worth mentioning/just some wheat pennies and clad/junk but this find made my day for sure thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2018 11:33AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
June 06, 2018 01:04AM
AWESOME find!!
June 06, 2018 02:48AM
I can dig it.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
June 06, 2018 03:11AM
ozzie Wrote:
> Crow breasts aren't bad....dark and similar to duc
> k, but less greasy. Cool find by the way, MRH.

Man that sounds gooooood!
June 06, 2018 05:57AM
Maximus Wrote:
> So any idea as to what function it had or what it
> might have been attached to?

According to the U.S. Army/History/Military website it's an 1872 Shako/Helmet Plate as shown in the pic below.

June 06, 2018 12:47PM
Just to be clear, to me, it's a combination of things that can make a great find:

Population: Most important as if no one was there, there will be nothing to find.

Location: Second most important factor an undisturbed area will produce great finds

Skill level: Any machine in the hands of someone skilled will produce awesome finds.

Machine: Some machines preform better than others.

I wouldn't have found the things I missed if it wasn't for the first three factors, the forth factor it wouldn't of really mattered. However in this case, It amplified my chances.

I don't really care who likes what machine, all that really matters is, what's best for you.
June 06, 2018 06:55PM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
> Both wings were slightly bent but I'm not complain
> ing and I straightened them upon returning home

Nice Find, MRH, I thought it was a door knocker from the size of it.

Funny that you straightened the wings; they were purposely bent backwards at the tips to better fit the curvature of the helmet.
[www.jamesmountainantiques.com]

Wayne
June 06, 2018 08:04PM
Lol, anyone with a bit of experience would know not to start farting about with a find until you know what you have.

ncwayne Wrote:
> MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Both wings were slightly bent but I'm not compla
> in
> > ing and I straightened them upon returning home
>
> Nice Find, MRH, I thought it was a door knocker fr
> om the size of it.
>
> Funny that you straightened the wings; they were p
> urposely bent backwards at the tips to better fit
> the curvature of the helmet.
> [www.jamesmountainantiques.com]-
> cavalry-dress-helmet/
>
> Wayne
June 07, 2018 12:32AM
Nice find. Some of the best finds were found with md models that have minimal disc Like Vista brand. I still wouldnt want to try at a modern site, but known old locations unmasking is King........Location, Location, Location