Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CTX.. Price

Posted by mascard1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CTX.. Price
June 05, 2018 10:04PM
Have a buddy that wants to sell his 3030.. has one and a half year warranty left.. Gray ghost water Headphones..and a six inch coil... What do you guys think a good price would be.... Thanks
Re: CTX.. Price
June 05, 2018 11:35PM
$1600
June 06, 2018 12:16PM
I sold mine for $1900 on feebay in April. It included about 1yrs of warranty, the 17'' coil, GG headphones that were brand new, 11'' coil that was brand new, and CTX handbook. The machine was in perfect condition as I treated it like a baby! I think $1600-$1700 is about average. I mean someone can buy a brand new machine with the GG headphones and 6 inch coil for $2300-$2500. I replaced mine with the equinox but my plan was always to sell it with a yr warranty and get something else, I just couldn't justify the price tag on that machine. If it wasn't the nox it was probably going to be a used CZ.

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2018 12:17PM by adamBomb.
June 06, 2018 01:27PM
AdamB just said a mouthful - he would have sold his CTX and bought a used CZ of the Nox wasn’t around. I think ML just chilled CZX sales unless the Nox proves to have serious problems in the field.

ML will no doubt bring a new top of the line multifrequency machine to market sometime, but I suspect the days of $2600 detectors are gone for good. Between ML’s extremely aggressive pricing of the Nox, First Texas’ big price cuts on machines like the F75+, T2+ and the Ameritech line, not to mention Makro/Nokia - we are in a whole new world in therm of bang for the buck in detectorland.

Meanwhile, multifrequency detector design is not a black art. there are lots of ways to do it using previously disclosed or newly devised methods which do not violate anyone’s patents. Single frequency machines will no longer be qualified for top of the line status. First Texas knows this, the Turks know this, XP knows this, Bulgarians and Russians know this. The future is likely machines which challenge the Nox on price or performance or both.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
June 06, 2018 01:36PM
Thanks everyone...He sold it on e-bay.............think he got 1800.00
June 06, 2018 01:44PM
Sounds like a fair price - happy buyer, happy seller.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
June 06, 2018 02:17PM
mascard1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks everyone...He sold it on e-bay.............
> think he got 1800.00

He did well.
June 06, 2018 02:22PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> AdamB just said a mouthful - he would have sold hi
> s CTX and bought a used CZ of the Nox wasn’t aroun
> d. I think ML just chilled CZX sales unless the No
> x proves to have serious problems in the field.

Couldn't resist a $650 waterproof detector with a 3 yr warranty. A used CZ21/Excal would of cost me more and been 5x as heavy! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

lytle78 Wrote:
> ML will no doubt bring a new top of the line multi
> frequency machine to market sometime, but I suspec
> t the days of $2600 detectors are gone for good.

I hope this is true. I know I won't be spending that much on a machine again. It just wasn't worth the price for my needs.

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
June 06, 2018 06:25PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> mascard1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thanks everyone...He sold it on e-bay...........
> ..
> > think he got 1800.00
>
>
> He did well.

1800- 250 for eBay and PP fees minus approx. 50-60 shipping .... He may have cleared roughly $1500. That's probably the new going rate for a CTX with warranty and accessories.
June 07, 2018 12:48AM
13% of grand total (with Listing shipping quote)........plus out of pocket shipping and handling cost, after the sale......$1500 is very close.
June 10, 2018 12:18AM
EBay is around 15% with all eBay/ pay pal / (non - over size) shipping fees...... keep in mind eBay still charges final fees on your shipping charge ......so if you charge $75 shipping.... EBay still charges final fees on the $75 ....last month some one was selling a f75 with $180 shipping fee..... pretty obvious he was avoiding eBay fees with the inflated shipping charge.....boy was he in for a shock.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2018 12:31AM by Rob in (ca).