Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

This Video Blows Me Away! Can The Nox Do This?

Posted by tabman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
This Video Blows Me Away! Can The Nox Do This?
June 07, 2018 01:16PM
How can a single frequency detector do this in salt water? He says that a CTX3030 and Excalibur can't even detect the gold chain in hand. I'd like to know how the Nox would do in this test. Video

Apparently it can. Video

tabman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2018 01:38PM by tabman.
Re: This Video Blows Me Away! Can The Nox Do This?
June 07, 2018 02:35PM
His test results with the Equinox are the same as what I get with mine.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2018 02:41PM by Badger in NH.
June 07, 2018 02:38PM
tabman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How can a single frequency detector do this in sal
> t water? He says that a CTX3030 and Excalibur can'
> t even detect the gold chain in hand. I'd like to
> know how the Nox would do in this test. [url=https
> ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNfviMdto5c]Video[/url]
>
>
> Apparently it can. [url=https://www.youtube.com/wa
> tch?v=n96NtWxHlhk&t=43s]Video[/url]
>
>
> tabman
Why don't you buy one and find out? Because no one else, except NASA Tom and you, knows what their doing or can give a honest review...lol
June 07, 2018 02:44PM
Impressive for a singlefreaker -

Salt water gold hunting ain’t for sissies. You have to dig every promising signal, including “iffy” iron like (at least some) steel beer caps. The water can be cold. A decent scoop costs a lot and wears you out pretty quickly.

Gold is dense - it sinks fast and a lot of it lost decades ago is still down there somewhere. The deeper it goes (or the smaller it is) the more likely you won’t hear it or loose it in the noise your machine generates.

Have a look at all of this guy’s videos, he is serious.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
June 07, 2018 04:26PM
It is impressive what Nokta/makro is doing with being able to ground balance to salt with a single frequency machine. I have the a multi kruzer and am very impressed by it and even more with the 7in concentric.
June 07, 2018 04:52PM
That is very impressive. I've been digging all of those 1-10s and getting small pieces of can/foil that I can barely find. Still waiting for it to hit a chain!

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
June 08, 2018 03:23AM
Is there any other single frequency machine that can ground balance to salt??
June 08, 2018 10:08AM
Several First Texas detectors, including the Gold Bug, G2, F19, G2+, F70, f75, and T2 can manually GB all the way to salt.

Rick Kempf
June 08, 2018 03:43PM
The F75 and T2 will work just fine on the wet sand if you set the GB to 0 or 1.

It just won't go as deep as a multi frequency machine will. About 8 inches on a medium sized gold ring, compared to 11 inches with a CZ21 or Equinox.

June 08, 2018 04:26PM
I've seen videos of some single frequency detectors operating OK in dry and wet beach sand, but they all seem to go crazy once they hit the saltwater surf. That's why I'm so amazed at what the MF Kruzer did in the video. I also like the fact that you can order a 7 inch 'concentric' search coil for it and there will be a Sharpshooter search coil out for it by the end of the month. Neither one is going to cost you a arm and leg to purchase. BTW, I don't plan on using MF Kruzer at saltwater beaches, except maybe once in a Blue Moon. I might do some freshwater and swinging in the rain detecting, but mostly just regular ole detecting. Right now I just don't have a good feeling about the Nox, but I may end up getting one once the dust and all the hype settles down some.

tabman
June 09, 2018 12:11AM
Looks like the Nokta and Makro do good on salt. Didnt know that some of the Fishers and Tek models could GB to salt. Never seen anyone try and use one at the beach. The thing is so many complain about EMI chatter with the F75, T2, and Omega on dry land.....cant imagine it on the wet beach. I would prefer something that had the option of both concentric coil and DD coil. What versions of the F75 are good on beaches? Seems like there are a zillion versions. Keith's video showed a T2 + model, looks good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2018 12:13AM by Arkansas.
June 09, 2018 11:55AM
Arkansas Wrote:
> Looks like the Nokta and Makro do good on salt. Di
> dnt know that some of the Fishers and Tek models c
> ould GB to salt. Never seen anyone try and use one
> at the beach. The thing is so many complain about
> EMI chatter with the F75, T2, and Omega on dry la
> nd.....cant imagine it on the wet beach. I would p
> refer something that had the option of both concen
> tric coil and DD coil. What versions of the F75 ar
> e good on beaches? Seems like there are a zillion
> versions. Keith's video showed a T2 + model, looks
> good.

DST has pretty much eliminated the EMI problem with the F75 and T2, so any model with DST should work fine in most EMI situations. They offer an upgrade program which will upgrade some older models to DST. I think they all can ground balance to salt which would be between 0 and 1.

Not much EMI at our beaches.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2018 11:59AM by Badger in NH.
June 09, 2018 03:44PM
Must keep in mind all this micro jewelry on a salt water beach with single freq machines are at surface ....any thing at depth is going to be disappointing.
June 09, 2018 04:05PM
Small gold......probably lots of it out there. Multifreakers have had trouble hearing it - maybe the Nox will help. Singlefreakers that can balance to salt get it, but with little depth.

Waterproof Beach PI’s have pulse delays too long to hear it and iron makes their operators weary.

Cheer up - Help is on the way.

Rick Kempf
June 12, 2018 02:08PM
It looks to me like the Makro MF Kruzer has plenty of depth at saltwater beaches. Video

tabman
June 12, 2018 08:03PM
She Detector just posted a completely submerged snorkeling hunt with it in the salt surf. Very impressive hunt for a single frequency machine.
June 13, 2018 03:23PM
Welgund Wrote:
> She Detector just posted a completely submerged sn
> orkeling hunt with it in the salt surf. Very impr
> essive hunt for a single frequency machine.

She sure figured out how best to use the vibrator. I always thought it was a useless feature for someone other than a deaf person.

tabman
June 13, 2018 06:36PM
tabman Wrote:
> How can a single frequency detector do this in sal
> t water? He says that a CTX3030 and Excalibur can'
> t even detect the gold chain in hand. I'd like to
> know how the Nox would do in this test. [url=https
> ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNfviMdto5c]Video[/url]
>
>
> Apparently it can. [url=https://www.youtube.com/wa
> tch?v=n96NtWxHlhk&t=43s]Video[/url]
>
>
> tabman

I thought it was impressive too.... but only at first glance. If this guy wants to test a gold chain in a more realistic and honest test, take the (K) tab and the lobster claw clasp off the chain. I know he was stating at one point in his video " it's just the straight part of the chain" ... don't care.
My CZ3D will hit on large gold clasps at a few inches and chains without clasps in all metal mode. Don't mistake my reply as being unappreciative, it is not, I most certainly do appreciate all the reviews, videos and reports but lets try to keep things as accurate as possible even while in no way scientific or completely controlled.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant