Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Definitely something different on the Non Camo Fisher F19

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Definitely something different on the Non Camo Fisher F19
June 20, 2018 11:01PM
$150k/yr is a good industry average for engineer’s total cost - I hav used this figure in cost analysis of proposals and cross-checked with an industry association website it before I posted. $500/unit profit may be more than Fisher can manage, but even at $200 profit per unit it’s still only 750 units per year world wide. Heck, double the engineer’s cost and it’s still only 1500 units at $200/unit - gee only 3000 units at $100/unit.

That of course takes no account of overall profitability of the program including non-recurring engineeering, but your challenge was to make one engineer’s worth per year.

I have probably said more than enough generally about the Fisher PI. It will appear, sometime, it will sell, maybe a lot. When it appears we will all have a chance to see what we think of it - that’s why we come here, isn’t it.

Your comments are always good reading, even when I don’t totally agree.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2018 11:23PM by lytle78.
June 21, 2018 12:40AM
we shall see I guess. seems like too small a market (beach and/pi)to sell large quantities or high cost.

Now if its a gold machine the numbers will be there overseas.
June 23, 2018 04:18PM
As a relic hunter in bad soil I PLAN on the Fisher Pulse HOPEFULLY Giving me an edge

P.I.s are amazing units ..and eye openers... P.I. Iron disc that works reasonably well and at depth will be welcome for the relic hunter.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla