Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Where did you get your NOX and best find so far ???

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Where did you get your NOX and best find so far ???
June 20, 2018 04:45AM
I got my 800 from Chris at Arizona Outback, waited two weeks, MAP but free shipping.

So far my best find was a small .5 gram 10k gold charm at a park and separately a thin 4" piece of 18k chain in wet sand at the beach.

Guess I'm lucky.... only out three times with it so far and took home the gold twice.

I'm anxious to get more time on it and become assimilated into the collective.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
Re: Where did you get your NOX and best find so far ???
June 20, 2018 10:07AM
Got a 600 from ft bedford back in april. Free shipping and it arrived about 3 days after ordering. I’ve found about 10 silver jewelry items so far and a cool keychain that i am using haha. No iphones or gold yet but recent drop season is just getting warmed up

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
June 20, 2018 10:40AM
I also got mine from Keith Leppert at Ft Belford, PA. I received a military discount and free shipping got here in about 3 days too. Keith is great to deal with and just have a phone conversation with. I figured you cant go wrong with buying from the repair center. Then i find out they arent doing the repairs yet on the Nox lol. Ive gotten several pieces of gold ...... the largest being a chain nearly 50 grams.
June 20, 2018 10:56AM
USA Detectors is where I got mine. Took about 3-4 weeks of waiting after the initial order. I paid full MAP.

Best single find so far is a 14k mans signet ring. Have found a bunch of more common things...silver coins, clad, civil war relics. Waiting on the waterproof headphones and the other coils too.
June 20, 2018 11:51AM
I got my 800 from John Tracy at JMT Detectors - I ordered real early - sent him a deposit (which he didn’t ask for). I got it in Feb.

I got my 600 by answering a classified forum ad about 5 minutes after it was posted - paid $525 for it - pretty much new in box. I then sold my 800 to a friend for what I paid for it.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
June 20, 2018 11:56AM
NOW.......... the better question here is whose finding the SMALLER gold? Id like to see that added....... especially near or in the salt water? Also...... that find, would the CTX or another machine hit it? Im finding gold as mentioned..... but NOTHING the CTX wouldnt find yet. Not that im the greatest hunter out there, but i try to be meticulous with coil control and coverage on some of the busiest beaches here on the Gulf. Ive got a lot of hours pushing buttons on the Nox...... still only one piece id call small. Maybe a pipe dream of finding smaller gold than the CTX finds IN the water.
June 20, 2018 12:01PM
Dew? Wrong thread maybe?

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
June 20, 2018 12:44PM
Backwoods Detector Sales in a group deal.

Found an 1889 IH, 1920 Merc, 1920 Wheat and other misc stuff. Detecting is tough is Northern Michigan.

Rick
June 20, 2018 12:46PM
Rick.....nope. I said where I got mine and the best find. But most of us beach guys bought the Nox hopeing for those gold targets NOT easily found. So the best find to me might be some of the small gold Rick.
June 20, 2018 12:58PM
I got mine from Chris at Arizona Outback as well.
I have found the usual ghost town relics...Indian Wars era Eagle buttons, watch fobs, silver coins, coins, and tokens. The coolest find, too me, is a bakery token for one loaf of bread with the proprietor's name on it and the city of Prescott. I love the historical stuff.

Dean
June 20, 2018 02:47PM
I got a 600 back in late February from a small dealer. I've found seven silver coins with it so far: war nickels, Mercury dimes, Democrat dimes, and a Washington quarter.
June 20, 2018 03:13PM
lytle78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dew? Wrong thread maybe?

No, honestly I'm interested too. The CTX is more than formidable compared to a NOX 800 and comparisons are always good to see.

June 20, 2018 03:49PM
I got my 800 from Chris at AZ Outback. Paid list with freee shipping and it arrived in three days. Timing is everything.
I don't have much time on it, but I found an 1841 half dime and a local saloon token in small patch of dirt that I've absolutely pounded.
June 20, 2018 04:11PM
Got mine from Backwoods Detector Sales in a group buy.

Best find to date, 18K gold ring (first time out amazingly), deep 1838-O seated dime, 1902-S Barber dime, about a dozen mercs, it likes silver.
June 20, 2018 06:07PM
I got my Equinox 800 from Ed Huffman of Treasure Mountain detectors for $850 shipped. Have had it about 2 1/2 months. So far I have found 38 silvers, several LC's & IH's over a 150 wheats and tons of modern change. A lot of the coins I have found was in sites I pounded with the CTX and Deus. Sites that just quit producing now give up goodies. Am a land coin hunter so not much into digging gold signals. Hunt manly high conductors. Favorite finds so far, Barber Half, 4 Barber dimes and Seated dime. Can't wait for the 6 and 15 inch coils to come out.
June 20, 2018 07:02PM
Up to my...... isnt it odd you compared the CTX to the much cheaper Nox than the other way around? In an air test beach 1 the Nox has more depth on most of my gold..... but that all changes IN the water having to use beach 2.
June 21, 2018 12:49AM
Picked mine up from River Team 6 and the best thing I found was that it does not add any new dimension to the detecting venues I am relegated to when compared to the Etac , CTX and Deus. On the contrary , all three have superior ID ability in modern trash through their better tones and VDI range. I also found Minelab's manufactured shortage allowed me to dispense with the NOX for what I had in it after it was returned from repair on warranty. The other significant find was that Minelab is stepping up to the plate with their product service and , while the new control module was certainly replaced , the shaft issues were simply replaced with more dime store merchandise.
June 21, 2018 01:32AM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> Up to my...... isnt it odd you compared the CTX to
> the much cheaper Nox than the other way around?

Well... yes I would compare the CTX with the NOX with the intended use in mind but the price being a factor. $2400 vs $900.
The CTX gets respect but the Nox does on a different price / performance level
I'd like to own a GPZ 7000 but there is no way in hell I would pay 8K, I would compare it with a good PI machine like a Whites TDI or similar and live with the performance difference, just like the CTX vs Nox.

> In an air test beach 1 the Nox has more depth on
> most of my gold..... but that all changes IN the w
> ater having to use beach 2.

Yes....only real world conditions with all of the associated variables counts as valid

June 21, 2018 12:09PM
River Team Six detectors: prob an 1800’s Chattanooga Police Button... I love buttons!

XP Deus
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
22 silvers, 2 silver rings, 1 Gold Ring -YTD 2018

Some of my random digs: [www.youtube.com]
June 21, 2018 01:28PM
You guys have me wondering now...there must be something vastly different in the beach modes. I've not tried any of the beach modes due to only having freshwater here. It runs fine for me in both Park and Field modes and IMO is WAY too sensitive to small stuff. I've had to drop the sensitivity down to single digits to try and kill some of the sensitivity to fishing split shot weights, .22 bullets, swimming trunk eyelets, zippers, etc. The beach I've been hunting; I cleaned out all summer and fall last year with the CTX, long after the swimmers had quit coming to swim, I was out there in my wet suit hunting. I had it set up in combined mode with the Fe line dropped to 33, and dug everything that gave a repeatable signal. What I've found with the Nox there is mostly very low digit number stuff, and no coins with the exception of a tarnished nickel that I had missed with the CTX. Jewelry wise, I've just found a toe ring but also understand that the number of signals between 1 and 11 ID are very numerous there and is going to take some time to pull them up. Many of which, I can't even recover with my current scoop, and I'm just in water that is up to my waist. Where I found all the rings last year, was mostly in water that was chest-neck deep on me. I have NOT ventured that deep with the Nox yet...I've been afraid to submerge the control box without the waterproof headphones.
I think I got the best price so far!!!
June 21, 2018 02:16PM
I picked mine up at Myers in Tampa.

Have had it a little over a month
Best find thus far was a diamond earing at the beach.
(Which appraised right at what I paid for my detector)

I only paid $649 plus tax for my Equinox 800. And no errors on ring up or anything like that. I had a manufactures coupon from minelab for $250.

It was a no brainer....
I think I got the best price so far!!!
June 21, 2018 02:16PM
I picked mine up at Myers in Tampa.

Have had it a little over a month
Best find thus far was a diamond earing at the beach.
(Which appraised at almost twice what I paid for the detector)

I only paid $649 plus tax for my Equinox 800. And no errors on ring up or anything like that. I had a manufactures coupon from minelab for $250.

It was a no brainier...

I should add, I'll never get to recoop the money out of the earing, as my girlfriend promptly confiscated it and is having it set in a ring she's having made. Which of course I'll end up paying for. Women!!! Gotta love them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2018 02:33PM by Gilligan.
June 22, 2018 03:43PM
Daniel
Some of the lakes around here are exactly as you described with multitudes of small low conductors. The one I was at yesterday had me stopping every few feet with hits showing as high as 8 on the TID that were impossible to recover. That's not good when needing to cover a lot of area for the fresh drops and more valuable larger gold rings. Switching to Park 1 pretty much solved the problem and I was still pulling mid to low conductors out at pleasing depths. No gold as yet since the season is just starting up here with few people in the water. So site dependent, Park 1 will be my go to.
Tom
June 23, 2018 09:57AM
The things that you guys hate about it, mainly that it hits hard on low-mid conductors, is what i love about it lol
It's banging out tiny buttons and lead in iron like mad, ideal on an ancient site where you could pop out a real nice find, but i'd guess a nightmare on modern parks.
July 01, 2018 03:17AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I have NOT ventured that deep
> with the Nox yet...I've been afraid to submerge th
> e control box without the waterproof headphones.

I'm still waiting for some reviews and video of the Nox in the deep end.
I'm a little surprised no one has stepped up to the plate.

July 01, 2018 07:58AM
Got mine from David at RT6 Metal Detectors

What Ghound said...

Best find.. Friday, 10.9 grams 14K

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2018 08:01AM by Jackpine.
July 01, 2018 09:09PM
I lucked out and was one of the first in USA to get Nox 800 from a small dealer in Kansas named Antique Detectors.

Equinox detector, at least the 800 model, don't ever count out !!!

I have enjoyed using (before the weather turned hot).

Have made some nice finds too in spots I have spent considerable time previously, even done head to heads using other detectors on some too.

Only having just the stock sized coil, it still produced. That should mean some thing. And hunting behind other more expensive detectors with similar and yes even some smaller than (stock sized Equinox coils).

Not an overly expensive detector.
Wouldn't that long ago folks were paying more for some other models, and you didn't get wireless headphones, waterproofing, updatable, and many of those units expose to higher mineral and targets (good ones) sound like a nail.

Just something about Nox that keeps my interest going. It is doing some things better. Problem is folks expect to see it do these things on every single target they compare to other detectors. But if folks will think, you didn't see this stuff either comparing other older models to some of the newer models all the time on every target either.

Seems to be more than a fair share of Nox bashers here.
Can't still figure out why.

So life goes on with me, I'll use what works and will report honestly what Insee and hear.

I do look forward to some other future new models from other manufacturers, maybe even a other from Minelab.
Hopefully we'll see some soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2018 09:55PM by tnsharpshooter.
July 02, 2018 02:30AM
I don't think there will be a lot posted here about the Equinox anymore. You certainly wont see it from me. Doing so here, puts a big target on you for heckling. It's just asking for trouble to even mention it. That's why nobody is stepping up to the plate. There are a few forums with Equinox chatter. It's similar to the news stations on TV if you watch any of those, when they are covering the same event. CNN will cover the story different than Fox News. Each outlet has their followers...same with the forums. For whatever reason, the majority of the current posters here seem to be against the Equinox in the same manner that CNN is against conservatives; it's all negative. You'd just as well go on that talk show The View while wearing a MAGA hat, as to post anything positive about the Equinox here! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2018 11:46AM by Daniel Tn.
July 02, 2018 08:59AM
I bought mine more for it's speed/ separation and i love the way the GB handles the ground.
I don't find any benefit in lowering recovery for depth, i'm usually running at 5-6-7 depending on conditions, and i'm finding small items to 7", larger coins and small buckles to 10"
I think with the modulation being what it is, you feel your getting deep, but once you go past a certain depth the signal and audio falls off a cliff.
There's something about the way it ID's to it's usable depth, the pinpointer is much deeper as it's not filtered, i'd bet that they have restricted it for depth as the ID accuracy would drop off drastically at some point and folk would then complain it's rubbish at ID'ing at depth. It's soo stable there must be a lot of filtering going on at the top end of the scale?
Maybe the replacement for the CTX will have better depth coupled with ID, anyways, i'm happy with with it.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant Wrote:
> Daniel Tn Wrote:
> > I have NOT ventured that deep
> > with the Nox yet...I've been afraid to submerge
> th
> > e control box without the waterproof headphones.
>
> I'm still waiting for some reviews and video of th
> e Nox in the deep end.
> I'm a little surprised no one has stepped up to th
> e plate.
July 02, 2018 07:13PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I don't think there will be a lot posted here abou
> t the Equinox anymore. You certainly wont see it f
> rom me. Doing so here, puts a big target on you f
> or heckling. It's just asking for trouble to even
> mention it. That's why nobody is stepping up to th
> e plate. There are a few forums with Equinox chat
> ter. It's similar to the news stations on TV if y
> ou watch any of those, when they are covering the
> same event. CNN will cover the story different th
> an Fox News. Each outlet has their followers...sa
> me with the forums. For whatever reason, the majo
> rity of the current posters here seem to be agains
> t the Equinox in the same manner that CNN is again
> st conservatives; it's all negative. You'd just a
> s well go on that talk show The View while wearing
> a MAGA hat, as to post anything positive about the
> Equinox here! smiling smiley

Daniel , what you are essentially implying is that just as truth is kryptonite to the liberals , so is this forum to the Equinox owner.
This is the most objective forum of the ones I care to visit , as the others are either controlled by Minelab's sponsorship or by the "Rules of the Ivory Tower" that if you have any criticism , even in jest , Anthony Fremont will label you a troll and wish you away to the cornfield. How childish!!! People will always find their different circumstances will result in different outcomes and how is stating that Minelab's own assessment of their product being accurate interpreted by you to be "heckling". They openly state in their propaganda that the Nox is behind the CTX and Etrac in ID and discrimination. As I stated earlier , my biggest find with the Nox was that it is true and jettisoned it for that reason,,,,,why do so many Nox users take offense at someone making their own objective decision if it doesn't correspond with theirs?

I believe a lot of the defensiveness of Noxers is the result of way the introduction of the machine was handled along with their "shortage". I was able to get my hands on a machine and make my own assessment early on but , if I had waited months for one , I would find it annoying to have to listen to a incessant drum beat without being able to satisfy my curiosity as well. I once again applaud you for keeping your assessment to yourself until they became more available , but feeling you are being heckled because others have different outlooks on a detector is demonstrating some mighty thin skin smiling smiley maybe you should start your own forumsmiling smiley