Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hot rocks and the musketball

Posted by Indiana Heath 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hot rocks and the musketball
April 25, 2007 02:16AM
I have been detecting for 2 years and have heard about hot rocks. On a recent trip to a cornfield that has history going back to the French and indians, I came accross rocks on top of the field(it is full of them) that gave a reading of 00/31 on my explorer. I did manage to find a musketball about 8 inches deep in the field. I kept getting many 00/31 readings. I was running the sensitivity at 28 in manual. I have learned that by turning the sensitivity down to 19 manual or 22 semi-auto I got no reading on the rocks. No wonder I have only one find in this area with the settings I was running. Will be anxious to get back with my new knowledge. I saved the rocks to experiment with. They are both grey with alot of black flecks in them. What makes these rocks read like a good target at high sensitivity? I am thinking about getting a cz3d as a second detector after watching Toms DVD. Can it be turned down to effectively hunt in an area full of hot rocks?