Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta / Makro continues to move forward while their competition lags behind.

Posted by texkinzee 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta / Makro continues to move forward while their competition lags behind.
June 27, 2018 07:42AM
Look for the trend of producing a line of waterproof detectors in the very near future. Detectival 2018 will be of interest for sure. Continued success to the Nokta / Makro Team. Best regards, George Kinsey
Re: Nokta / Makro continues to move forward while their competition lags behind.
June 27, 2018 09:04AM
Geroge, have you a lead on something coming from them, i heard it mentioned they may have a multi freq for Detectival?
Personally i don't see that there leading any trend, or making any new tech for coin/relic hunters, though i think ML are doing that and it's exciting as to what they will release next.
With Makro/Nokta i feel it more a case of putting what's readily available into a neat package at a good price, with customer backup, and in these terms they probably are leading the chasing pack behind ML.
Re: Nokta / Makro continues to move forward while their competition lags behind.
June 27, 2018 10:21AM
Waterproof is the “new normal” in detector design. No detector selling for >$500 or so is likely to be taken seriously in the marketplace if it isn’t at least splashproof.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
June 27, 2018 12:55PM
right now their products are top notch. However, if they start integrating new ideas, improved TID(at depth), they will bump the competition out.
June 27, 2018 01:15PM
I hope they continue to innovate, Better target ID at depth is probably not going to happen with singlefreaker detectors, Multifreq- and multi with innovative signal generation processes and mixed time/phase target analysis are the way to go. That isn’t trivial to do. Why do you think Minelab doesn’t have discrimination on the GPZ or why there is no successor to the CZ series on the market. Why do neither XP nor Makro/Nokta have true multifreakers? If this stuff were easy, everybody would e doing it,

Having said that, I think it will become the new norm for high end machines - so you can bet your lunch money that the next real breakthrough will be a “mixed-multi” machine.

Rick Kempf
June 27, 2018 02:01PM
"you can bet your lunch money"----ahh the memories.

Back in the day lunch money was a nickel,most often a Buff and SLQ,when we saw one, were common.
June 27, 2018 03:10PM
doc holiday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "you can bet your lunch money"----ahh the memories
> .
>
> Back in the day lunch money was a nickel,most ofte
> n a Buff and SLQ,when we saw one, were common.

What lunch money??---"Back in the day" we packed our school lunches in brown paper bags (or tin lunch boxes) when we went to school in an old one room country school house miles from town.----Heated it with chunk coal carried by wheel barrow from a shed "over yonder" on those coooold NE winter days.-----There were a bunch of them back then (District #'s)--most of them are gone now or the few that are left standing are used for storage purposes, etc.------My wife & I detected one years ago--never found much.---I wonder why? smiling smiley-----The answer is: we were all so poor nobody had any "change" to carry or reason to carry it to school if we did have any.-----"Dem were dah days"-----nuff ramblin.
June 27, 2018 03:24PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> doc holiday Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "you can bet your lunch money"----ahh the memori
> es
> > .
> >
> > Back in the day lunch money was a nickel,most of
> te
> > n a Buff and SLQ,when we saw one, were common.
>
>
> What lunch money??---"Back in the day" we packed o
> ur school lunches in brown paper bags (or tin lunc
> h boxes) when we went to school in an old one room
> country school house miles from town.----Heated it
> with chunk coal carried by wheel barrow from a she
> d "over yonder" on those coooold NE winter days.--
> ---There were a bunch of them back then (District
> #'s)--most of them are gone now or the few that ar
> e left standing are used for storage purposes, etc
> .------My wife & I detected one years ago--never f
> ound much.---I wonder why? smiling smiley-----The answer is: w
> e were all so poor nobody had any "change" to carr
> y or reason to carry it to school if we did have
> any.-----"Dem were dah days"-----nuff ramblin.

I went to a one-room country school and also went back to detect. You're right, no change was carried by anybody, except maybe to take a dime to school for the "March of Dimes".
June 27, 2018 03:34PM
ghound Wrote:
> Personally i don't see that there leading any trend, or making any new tech for coin/relic hunters, though i think ML are doing that and it's exciting as to what they will release next.
> With Makro/Nokta i feel it more a case of putting what's readily available into a neat package at a good price, with customer backup, and in these terms they probably are leading the chasing pack behind ML.

Personally I think they have taken existing VLF technology and pushed it to the next level while at the same time taking the time to listen to their customers needs, followed by world class customer support. Sure not ground breaking like one could argue that Multi IQ is, but they've taken unmasking to the next level, providing world class detectors at reasonable prices.

If they took the leap be the key sponsor of Detectival, you can bet the farm their going to release something that could potentially blow the Equinox away.
June 27, 2018 03:37PM
D&P-OR Wrote:

> .------My wife & I detected one years ago--never found much.---I wonder why? smiling smiley-----The answer is: we were all so poor nobody had any "change" to carry or reason to carry it to school if we did have any.-----"Dem were dah days"-----nuff ramblin.

Funny you mention that, Tom and I have both discussed those old 1800's one room school house hunts, and neither of us have found much at them, so when we're researching new sites, if we see a school house noted on an old map, we move on, looking for stage stops, trading posts, etc., Something where commerce was taking place.
June 27, 2018 04:06PM
Interesting post by Carl Moreland of First Texas this morning at Steve H’s place.

Hear ya loud n clear. We have stuff in the works but I can't tell you to delay a purchase based on "it's in the works." The Equinox convinced ?a whole lotta people to sell their AT Pro, my goal is to come out with something that convinces a whole lotta people to sell their Equinox?.????

Rick Kempf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2018 04:09PM by lytle78.

D&P-OR Wrote:

What lunch money??---"Back in the day" we packed our school lunches in brown paper bags (or tin lunch boxes) when we went to school in an old one room country school house miles from town.----Heated it with chunk coal carried by wheel barrow from a shed "over yonder" on those coooold NE winter days.-----There were a bunch of them back then (District #'s)--most of them are gone now or the few that are left standing are used for storage purposes, etc.------My wife & I detected one years ago--never found much.---I wonder why? smiling smiley-----The answer is: we were all so poor nobody had any "change" to carry or reason to carry it to school if we did have any.-----"Dem were dah days"-----nuff ramblin.

Lol

the ones used right on thru the 50s used to be good places to hunt for silver and injuns Del (also those hand held bells with a wooden handle the teacher called class with) and cool Tootsie toys too but they quickly got pounded out during the 70s/early 80s --- at that time they were nearly 100% abandoned and open season for us detectorist grinning smiley

8 outta 10 of the ones still standing around here have all been restored and converted into homes now.
June 27, 2018 04:51PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> Interesting post by Carl Moreland of First Texas t
> his morning at Steve H’s place.
>
> Hear ya loud n clear. We have st
> uff in the works but I can't tell you to delay a p
> urchase based on "it's in the works." The Equinox
> convinced ?a whole lotta people to sell their AT P
> ro, my goal is to come out with something that con
> vinces a whole lotta people to sell their Equinox?
> .????

And the band played on. There comes a time when expediency out weighs potential. I have been hearing innovative products coming down the pipe from certain companies for years now and while the battle cry, "it's not easy" is shouted to and fro, other companies are coming out with nearly mind blowing machines in a relatively short amount of time and before anyone thinks I'm talking engineers, i'm not. I'm talking bureaucracy.

I know there are limitations, but if a company is serious about being or staying a contender in this business, the time for, "it's coming" is long past.

The Equinox took about 4-5 years to develop and to get into the consumers hands and while that may seem like a long time, other manufacturers haven't produced anything relevant in decades.

With the Nox, there seems to be a lot of ID10T errors. There are an abundance of guys out there with the Nox saying "there isn't any difference" or "it doesn't work right". It's so funny, because literally, sites have come to life again for me. I would say the nox is a complete success AND more than lived up to the hype and I can prove it.
June 27, 2018 04:56PM
Expect unexpected and even more winking smiley

You should remember about low-level machines also. Low budget.
but the first touch was good but
I was very skeptical about new Makro Multi Kruzer. I spent many weeks with it. And now I can tell you one thing this machine performs very well and I really like it.
So, the Nox is “a complete success” and everybody else can give up because nothing that they have produced lately measures up and nothing they can possibly have in development now can equal - much less surpass it. Carl’s stated goal is therefore irrelevant and silly.

I doubt you are right. If you and I are both around in a year or two, we’ll see if you are.

Having used my Nox since February, I wish ML had taken another year to get it finished. In my opinion - for all its virtues - it is a work in progress.

I believe it was rushed to market because they had nothing in the under $1k range which was selling. The amazingly low price tag - effectively killing sales of all their other non-nugget detectors - was a bold gamble which I suspect will pay off. The other $ slots will be covered by new machines form ML - but I forgot - you don’t see the need for any more detectors - or did I misunderstand?

Interestingly enough, prices for the 600 are already dropping. I see used ones for $550 shipped (I paid $525 for mine new but secondhand) and a dealer just posted that he needed to “move some stock” and “call for best price” - the new detectors listed were a bunch of Whites machines, a couple of Tesoro’s and the Nox 600.

No detector pleases everyone or is the replacement for every tool.

Rick Kempf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2018 05:34PM by lytle78.
This thread was started by George (Tex) Kinsey who had an Equinox, tried it and sold it. He much prefers his Makro multi Kruzer for what he does. Here’s a podcast where he talks about it.

[www.detectorprospector.com]

Rick Kempf
lytle78 Wrote:
> So, the Nox is “a complete success” and everybody
> else can give up because nothing that they have pr
> oduced lately measures up and nothing they can pos
> sibly have in development now can equal - much les
> s surpass it.
1 Carl’s stated goal is therefore irre
> levant and silly.
>
> I doubt you are right. If you and I are both arou
> nd in a year or two, we’ll see if you are.
>
> Having used my Nox since February, I wish ML had t
> aken another year to get it finished. In my opini
> on - for all its virtues - it is a work in progres 2
> s.
>
> I believe it was rushed to market because they had
> nothing in the under $1k range which was selling.
> The amazingly low price tag - effectively killing
> sales of all their other non-nugget detectors - wa
> s a bold gamble which I suspect will pay off
. 3 The
> other $ slots will be covered by new machines form
> ML - but I forgot - you don’t see the need for any
> more detectors - or did I misunderstand?
>
> Interestingly enough, prices for the 600 are alrea
> dy dropping. I see used ones for $550 shipped (I
> paid $525 for mine new but secondhand) and a deale
> r just posted that he needed to “move some stock”
> and “call for best price” - the new detectors list
> ed were a bunch of Whites machines, a couple of Te
> soro’s and the Nox 600.
>
> No detector pleases everyone or is the replacement
> for every tool.

1.. A complete success as in, it lived up to and exceeded my expectations. As for "everybody else can give up because..", I have no idea where you think I said that. But what I am saying is, let's see a product.

2. A work in progress? Well I guess everything in life is a work in progress. But, I don't feel that way.

3. Quite possibly, and if it was, it worked.

4. Your snide comment aside, I did not say that nor inferred it as you can read just a few posts above myself explaining that Nokta/Makro "their products are top notch. However, if they start integrating new ideas, improved TID(at depth), they will bump the competition out." But you read that already.

Now, to be clear, I am not a fan boy of any detector, I am just reporting observations as I see them. I think my 20 plus years of detecting gives me some experience as to what works and what doesn't. My last video I posted I pulled out 3 silver dimes and a buffalo nickel from a site I personally spent hundreds of hours and many years detecting with 6 plus different detectors. I am still stunned about that.

Is the Nox the end all of detectors? Nope. Is it the detector for "right now"? Until something better comes out then yes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2018 06:35PM by Beyonder-Pa.
June 27, 2018 06:33PM
Ah the hand held bells!---How could I have forgotten them Wayne. winking smiley----Hated to hear them though because that meant recess was over!sad smileyMichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
>

D&P-OR Wrote:
> -----
>
> What lunch money??---"Back in the day" we packed o
> ur school lunches in brown paper bags (or tin lunc
> h boxes) when we went to school in an old one room
> country school house miles from town.----Heated it
> with chunk coal carried by wheel barrow from a she
> d "over yonder" on those coooold NE winter days.--
> ---There were a bunch of them back then (District
> #'s)--most of them are gone now or the few that ar
> e left standing are used for storage purposes, etc
> .------My wife & I detected one years ago--never f
> ound much.---I wonder why? smiling smiley-----The
> answer is: we were all so poor nobody had any "cha
> nge" to carry or reason to carry it to school if w
> e did have any.-----"Dem were dah days"-----nuff r
> amblin.
>
> Lol
>
> the ones used right on thru the 50s used to be goo
> d places to hunt for silver and injuns Del (also t
> hose hand held bells with a wooden handle the teac
> her called class with) and cool Tootsie toys too b
> ut they quickly got pounded out during the 70s/ear
> ly 80s --- at that time they were nearly 100% aban
> doned and open season for us detectorist grinning smiley
>
> 8 outta 10 of the ones still standing around here
> have all been restored and converted into homes no
> w.
June 27, 2018 06:52PM
BPA - we nearly agree i see. Your last statement..

“Is the Nox the end all of detectors? Nope. Is it the detector for "right now"? Until something better comes out then yes.”

Ain’t too far from what Carl wrote and you took exception to.

As far as ‘snide’ - if so, i apologize. i interpreted your comments of “complete success” more broadly than you apparently meant it. You never said it was perfect.

Rick Kempf
June 27, 2018 07:04PM
D&P-OR and PhDetector----those were the days and I forgot to mention my lil ole schulehouse was 10 miles away,uphill both ways.
June 27, 2018 07:09PM
You forgot the ice and snow doc.

Rick Kempf
June 27, 2018 07:42PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> You forgot the ice and snow doc.

Well, since we only get a snow about every 5/8 years I didn't want to put in something that would detract from the believability.
June 27, 2018 07:44PM
Doc, nothing can detract from your General believability - lol

Rick Kempf
June 27, 2018 07:48PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> You forgot the ice and snow doc.

If you don't remember the smell of wet mittens hanging around a coal stove to dry, you've led a sheltered life. Well, sort of.
June 27, 2018 08:19PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> BPA - we nearly agree i see. Your last statement.
> .
>
> “Is the Nox the end all of detectors? Nope. Is it
> the detector for "right now"? Until something bett
> er comes out then yes.”
>
> Ain’t too far from what Carl wrote and you took ex
> ception to.
>
> As far as ‘snide’ - if so, i apologize. i interpr
> eted your comments of “complete success” more broa
> dly than you apparently meant it. You never said
> it was perfect.

No harm no foul. I try to just be honest and not hype and my experiences with the Nox surprise me. You and I but heads once in a while and that's usually because I try to be as technical as you LOL I hold your opinions in high regards because you talk the talk, and can walk the walk.
June 27, 2018 08:21PM
Doc knows what he's talkin about!----He said that school house was uphill both ways & there ain't no arguing with that---a fact is a fact!!!-----Only difference was--I got to ride my bike up those hills.----I'll bet you had to walk--huh doc??----My Mom got to ride a horse to school--piece of cake!!!doc holiday Wrote:
> D&P-OR and PhDetector----those were the days and I
> forgot to mention my lil ole schulehouse was 10 mi
> les away,uphill both ways.
June 27, 2018 09:05PM
Thanks BPA. I often edit my posts 2 or 3 times. That particular one should have “gone through the wash” one more time. Thanks for the closure.

Rick Kempf
June 27, 2018 10:48PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Doc knows what he's talkin about!----He said that
> school house was uphill both ways & there ain't no
> arguing with that---a fact is a fact!!!-----Only d
> ifference was--I got to ride my bike up those hill
> s.----I'll bet you had to walk--huh doc??----My Mo
> m got to ride a horse to school--piece of cake!!!d
> oc holiday Wrote:
> -----
> > D&P-OR and PhDetector----those were the days and
> I
> > forgot to mention my lil ole schulehouse was 10
> mi
> > les away,uphill both ways.

Well,walkin' wasn't so bad--I got to wear my older brother's shoes--when he got a new pair at Christmas.
June 27, 2018 10:56PM
doc holiday Wrote:
> D&P-OR Wrote:
> -----
> > Doc knows what he's talkin about!----He said tha
> t
> > school house was uphill both ways & there ain't
> no
> > arguing with that---a fact is a fact!!!-----Only
> d
> > ifference was--I got to ride my bike up those hi
> ll
> > s.----I'll bet you had to walk--huh doc??----My
> Mo
> > m got to ride a horse to school--piece of cake!!
> !d
> > oc holiday Wrote:
> > ------------------------------------------------
> --
> > -----
> > > D&P-OR and PhDetector----those were the days a
> nd
> > I
> > > forgot to mention my lil ole schulehouse was 1
> 0
> > mi
> > > les away,uphill both ways.
>
> Well,walkin' wasn't so bad--I got to wear my older
> brother's shoes--when he got a new pair at Christm
> as.

You had shoes????----Hey, hand me downs were wonderful--they were already broke in & everything.------Ain't reminiscing GREAT!!!thumbs down
I love the fact that both Makro/Nokta appear to want to work in with their customers, whereas what we have been used to in the past is, here it is, like it or lump it

Just look at how Makro made the transition with the Racer to the Racer2 - A number of customers advice was not only listened to but implemented into their Racer2 & in under a year from memory.

Now not knocking the guts out of Garrett, but how long did it take them to put a volume control on the AT Series or waterproof their fantastic GPP? Its not only restricted to Garrett as we are all aware but in my opinion, I would rather part out my cash to a manufacturer who not only listens, but is also prepared to make changes if those suggestions will improve their products. After-all, is this not the better way of producing the best equipment?

Who knows? - I like them all confused smiley

[www.earthscan.co.nz]