Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta / Makro continues to move forward while their competition lags behind.

Posted by texkinzee 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Nokta / Makro continues to move forward while their competition lags behind.
June 27, 2018 11:15PM
ghound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Geroge, have you a lead on something coming from t
> hem, i heard it mentioned they may have a multi fr
> eq for Detectival?
> Personally i don't see that there leading any tren
> d, or making any new tech for coin/relic hunters,
> though i think ML are doing that and it's exciting
> as to what they will release next.
> With Makro/Nokta i feel it more a case of putting
> what's readily available into a neat package at a
> good price, with customer backup, and in these ter
> ms they probably are leading the chasing pack behi
> nd ML.
No. Yes. Maybe. Wait until September.grinning smiley
Re: Nokta / Makro continues to move forward while their competition lags behind.
June 27, 2018 11:31PM
George - sorry - Tex - is the great omnivore of Detectordom (hey if you’re not familiar with the term omnivore, feel free to look it up - heck I look up stuff about 10 times a day) - but as I was saying - he eats detectors - all kinds - digests then - and moves on..

He is nearly pure in his pursuit of the ultimate buttonhunter. Check out his Facebook page.

George is no more brand loyal than a coyote.

To me, that means that his opinions and judgements are uncontaminated by pre-judgement based on brand.

Is he always right? - Of course he is - for him and his quest. But his reasoning and considerations are things which ought to be paid close attention to by anyone with similar objectives.

Thanks Tex

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2018 12:18AM by lytle78.
June 27, 2018 11:57PM
I have used the Racer....Racer 2 and Impact. I feel the detectors got better as they went. They listened to feedback and applied it to the next design. I have never used or even seen a Kruzer. That being said I look forward to future releases especially any water units. I saw the video where the Anfibio was shown and played around with still pics and magnification to see if it did indeed have a true multi frequency setting. I never could see one to tell the truth. This is what is required for salt water hunting. Yes Nokta/Marko did some incredible things with single frequency machines in a salt water setting. Stable beyond belief. But it still lacked depth to other beach detectors. And just a comment on the politics of the two countries. I hope that trade relations remain strong between the two countries. I don't expect any major announcements before the show, but hey what do I know? I'm ready to be blown away by a great beach machine.....Come on and do it already!
June 28, 2018 12:01AM
lytle78 Wrote:
> George - sorry - Tex - is the great omnivore of De
> tectordom (hey if you’re not familiar with the ter
> m, feel free to look it up - heck I look up stuff
> about 10 times a day) - but as I was saying - he e
> ats detectors - all kinds - digests then - and mov
> es on..
>
> He is nearly pure in his pursuit of the ultimate b
> uttonhunter. Check out his Facebook page.
>
> George is no more brand loyal than a coyote.
>
> To me, that means that his opinions and judgements
> are uncontaminated by pre-judgement based on brand
> .
>
> Is he always right? - Of course he is - for him a
> nd his quest. But his reasoning and consideration
> s are things which outh to be paid close attention
> to by anyone with similar objectives.
>
> Thanks Tex

Your welcome friend of Omnivore! You will receive a free season's pass to Detectordom.
June 28, 2018 01:14PM
Where is CA_TOM in all this? Did he get banned here too LOLOLOLOL!!!!
June 29, 2018 01:43AM
You mean catching up to the competition, right? As they may be (speculation) releasing a multi frequency- for the first time . They just released waterproof machines-for the first time. Other companies have already been there, done that... a long time ago. Don't get me wrong, Tex, I like Nok/Mak but the title to your thread is very misleading....unless you know something that we don't and want to share winking smiley.

Dean

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2018 01:46AM by bado1.
July 07, 2018 11:29PM
bado1 Wrote:
> You mean catching up to the competition, right? As
> they may be (speculation) releasing a multi freque
> ncy- for the first time . They just released water
> proof machines-for the first time. Other companie
> s have already been there, done that... a long tim
> e ago. Don't get me wrong, Tex, I like Nok/Mak but
> the title to your thread is very misleading....unl
> ess you know something that we don't and want to s
> hare winking smiley.
>
> Dean

I will agree but it's been a long time since I've seen anything new except for Minelab. If Minelab had only taken the time to sort out some quality issues, added some sort of modulated reporting I may have had a different result in my world. HH friend.
July 08, 2018 12:13AM
"New" is somewhat relative. Totally new tech or just a slightly tweaked previous model....also called new. Comparing the Minelab Sovereign (Excal), Explorer, Etrac, CTX, and now Nox. The platform of true multi frequency is there. BBS, FBS, and Multi-IQ. Although a work in progress (as was the 1st Explorer, XS)....the Nox was needed. At the same time I think Minelab could learn a thing or two about customer service and marketing from Nokta.....perhaps also a work in progress.
July 08, 2018 12:46AM
Work in Progress - great summary. My opinion, previously stated, is that the Nox was an economic necessity - not a finished product - which had to be launched before any competitor could capabilities on independent research of advanced multifrequency or PI detection methods.

Good for Minelab - it’s a business after all. You either make money or face the chop.

Rick Kempf
July 08, 2018 03:12AM
texkinzee Wrote:
> bado1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You mean catching up to the competition, right?
> As
> > they may be (speculation) releasing a multi freq
> ue
> > ncy- for the first time . They just released wat
> er
> > proof machines-for the first time. Other compan
> ie
> > s have already been there, done that... a long t
> im
> > e ago. Don't get me wrong, Tex, I like Nok/Mak b
> ut
> > the title to your thread is very misleading....u
> nl
> > ess you know something that we don't and want to
> s
> > hare winking smiley.
> >
> > Dean
>
> I will agree but it's been a long time since I've
> seen anything new except for Minelab. If Minelab h
> ad only taken the time to sort out some quality is
> sues, added some sort of modulated reporting I may
> have had a different result in my world. HH friend
> .

Agreed, Tex.
Better modulation would have been a nice addition. As the previous posters stated, the Nox is a work in progress. Im looking forward to September to see what Nok/Mak has up their sleeve. I would imagine ML is done bringing anything new to the market for a year or two.

Dean
I tend to agree with OP -

Nokta - moving forward - [noktadetectors.com]

Makro - proven tech - [www.makrodetector.com]

I am not even going to mention build quality & international support

Sure others have had their designs around for a long time and it seems even longer between releases of NEW tech

In comes some fresh new manufacturers who appear to be cleaning up across the field (pardon the pun)

Products - Quality Build & Design - New Models Regularly Released - Customer Feedback Implemented into Designs - After Sales Service & International Support - Products Disability Friendly - Customer Relations - Not bad for a couple of newbies entering the industry.

You probably wont realize how good they have been until you compare their releases to what has been released out of the US over the same time frame I suppose -

Just my 2c

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
July 08, 2018 12:23PM
Great post and observation.
July 08, 2018 12:36PM
Arkansas Wrote:
> "New" is somewhat relative. Totally new tech or ju
> st a slightly tweaked previous model....also calle
> d new. Comparing the Minelab Sovereign (Excal), E
> xplorer, Etrac, CTX, and now Nox. The platform of
> true multi frequency is there. BBS, FBS, and Multi
> -IQ. Although a work in progress (as was the 1st E
> xplorer, XS)....the Nox was needed. At the same ti
> me I think Minelab could learn a thing or two abou
> t customer service and marketing from Nokta.....pe
> rhaps also a work in progress.

I hope for the folks who own the Nox that days gone by trying to get a repair done are over. I also hope there will be updates to help improve the detector.
July 08, 2018 10:14PM
Well, as far as repair delays and the Nox - I suspect that’s a non-issue. It apparently is unrepairable, just replaceable.

Rick Kempf
July 09, 2018 02:13AM
lytle78 Wrote:
> Well, as far as repair delays and the Nox - I susp
> ect that’s a non-issue. It apparently is unrepair
> able, just replaceable.

Day of the "throw away" detector emerging?-----Could be!
July 09, 2018 02:48AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> lytle78 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Well, as far as repair delays and the Nox - I su
> sp
> > ect that’s a non-issue. It apparently is unrepa
> ir
> > able, just replaceable.
>
>
> Day of the "throw away" detector emerging?-----Cou
> ld be!

TVs already are for the most part. Throw away that is.
Lots of car parts are throw away.
Cell phones.

Logistically overall cheaper to do.
Those warehouses and drawers of parts cost valuable space and money and time to track and organize.
Besides Minelab typically wasn't repairing models very long after they were discontinued anyway,

Smaller the footprint the better.
Should be taught in business 101.

Wonder if we surveyed smokers.
How many use the ingenious Bic lighter?
July 09, 2018 09:10AM
They must be pretty cheap to make if they can just chuck them. So does this mean you won't be getting any updates either? Time will tell. I will try again with the Equinox 2 if I'm still on the planet when it gets released. I will stay the course with Nokta/ Makro. Sept is only a few months away for a sneak peak.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2018 09:20AM by texkinzee.
July 09, 2018 10:21AM
texkinzee Wrote:
> They must be pretty cheap to make if they can just
> chuck them. So does this mean you won't be getting
> any updates either? Time will tell. I will try aga
> in with the Equinox 2 if I'm still on the planet w
> hen it gets released. I will stay the course with
> Nokta/ Makro. Sept is only a few months away for a
> sneak peak.

You never know. Those knock off t-2's from China cost roughly $30-60US to make a complete unit.
I remember a Shimano fishing reel salesman who came back from an overseas factory trip. He told me those spinning reels that were retailing for $150, cost $15 each to make. As an employee of the sporting goods store, we would be allowed to purchase 3 reels per year at 50% below wholesale.

Faster and cheaper to make a circuit board by machine and replace a defective one, than it is for a human to repair one that came in with warranty issues. Same with those fishing reels, anyone that came back with an issue were replaced with a new one.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
July 09, 2018 01:35PM
Whose complaining about " replace over repair"? I'd rather have a new one over a repaired one any day. It doesn't necessarily mean that the item is cheaply made or "cheap". Like TNSS said, " logistically cheaper to do". I would bet that ALL detector manufacturers are going in that direction. Everyone else is. This philosophy doesn't mean that there won't be tech support like future updates, etc. (Although, MLs track record in particular is poor in this arena).

Many high end products are going this way...expensive rifle scopes, binos, cell phones, etc. " No questions asked, lifetime free replacement", is the manufacturers new
warranty mantra.

Dean
July 09, 2018 01:44PM
Carl Moreland used to be a microprocessor designer for a leading company before he “dove headfirst” into professional detector design. He once posted that in the chip world that the first one of a new design cost $1,000,000 - ther rest cost 10¢ each. Actual build cost of a modern detector is pretty low - I would guess somewhere less than $100. The Apple Watch build cost is estimated at $83 and I suspect it has a more expensive processor and screen.

Rick Kempf
July 09, 2018 02:38PM
All the ways a manufacturer can find to do things cheaper, yet provide worthy unit and make timely corrections to malfunctioning units, hopefully some of these savings can be passed on to us (the customer).

All we as customer should be concerned about is end item reliability/ performance and how fluid a unit faulty can be remedied.

The actual process (nuts and bolts) should not come under scrutiny.

But there will always be folks to complain about some thing.
It's in their blood.

And no, don't expect to see very many detector be supported for ions of years down the road (parts and actual service repair).

Not practical really.
Besides if one wants an older unit that works, just buy a used on and have a ball. If it breaks buy another.
Used Minelab XS explorers can be had cheap really, as an example.

Manufacturers must be looking out for themselves and the plurality of actual customers and future customers, not a select few folks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2018 02:42PM by tnsharpshooter.
July 09, 2018 11:56PM
Some products are sealed (glued) together, batteries and all......for sure not designed to be repaired. Appliances of years ago lasted forever. Maytag repair-man more busy today. Perhaps todays Maytag repair-man would not even repair appliances (or even know how to repair), instead in charge of Receiving / Sending Dept......just send a new one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2018 10:53PM by Arkansas.