Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

extremely rare 1913 nickel goes to auction

Posted by diggers 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
extremely rare 1913 nickel goes to auction
June 27, 2018 12:33PM
[www.foxnews.com]

Described as the most valuable U.S. nickel in existence, a rare nickel from 1913 is expected to sell for between $3 million and $5 million at auction.

The Eliasberg 1913 Liberty Head Nickel, one of only five ever produced, will be auctioned by Stack’s Bowers Galleries in August. “The other four 1913 Liberty Head Nickels have gone on to private collectors and museums, including the Smithsonian,” explained Stack’s Bowers, in a statement.
Re: extremely rare 1913 nickel goes to auction
June 27, 2018 12:50PM
Diggers - thanks for the link - and many thanks for the synopsis!

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
June 27, 2018 12:53PM
interesting story. I believe at one time, a collector wanted all 5 and was offering to buy them at some petty amount, like $100, to anyone who had one. He ended up with all 5 and later sold them individually. At least thats what i remember.
June 27, 2018 03:27PM
I have an equally rare nickel they could have for a lot less. Rare, because it is the only one I personally engraved with my digger. smoking smiley
June 27, 2018 04:12PM
I seen one of those rare 1913 nickels at a coin show in Vegas several years ago.-----That's the closest I'll ever get to having one!grinning smiley