Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Cant decide on a G2/Goldbug or a AT-Gold???Well heres your answer!!! LOL

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Cant decide on a G2/Goldbug or a AT-Gold???Well heres your answer!!! LOL
June 28, 2018 06:34PM
[www.ebay.com]

Seem's to have a G2 STYLE housing on S-Pole mated to a AT series STYLE Garret coil and even has the Garrett ribbed armrest.

This just makes life so much easier now!!! Less decisions!!!

19Khz

Is there a place called China California??

It gets crazier and crazier!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Cant decide on a G2/Goldbug or a AT-Gold???Well heres your answer!!! LOL
June 28, 2018 06:42PM
That's crazy...
June 28, 2018 06:48PM
I just forwarded the link to Russ Balbirona at first Texas – in case they’re interested

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
June 28, 2018 07:15PM
Looks like a chinese cocktail of sorts... American attributes,chinese impersonation. Opposite of the Jerry Lewis character as pictured.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2018 08:22PM by straker.
June 28, 2018 07:15PM
Crazy China fake detector.

Rick
June 28, 2018 07:25PM
I'm at a loss for words. I bet that thing rocks!
June 28, 2018 08:12PM
straker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like a chinese cocktail of sorts...
>
>

'Benny Hana!'
June 28, 2018 09:26PM
Hmmmmmmm.

Brent Weaver & Vaughn Garrett might also be interested in seeing their competition.
June 28, 2018 09:37PM
Very industrious aren't they. lol

Rick
June 28, 2018 09:38PM
It said 12" to 15" on US coin, is that a 10c coin or a $1.00 coin ????
June 28, 2018 10:02PM
[md-hunter.com]

[cnmetaldetector.en.alibaba.com]

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
June 28, 2018 10:07PM
"The detector will not emit a tone nor light up an indicator..."eye popping smiley

I wouldn't bet that this detector is any better than their command of the English language.

Caveat emptor!
June 28, 2018 10:35PM
Thanks for the other links Sven!

Upon further investigation it now seems that it is using the whole Garrett AT series shaft from tip to tip.And of course the coil...Yes Tom Brent should be advised!

Sven your Alibaba Link you posted I pulled some info...Does it sound familiar??

"The TX-850 is unique among gold prospecting metal detectors for its combination of high sensitivity to small gold nuggets and its versatile function as an all-purpose treasure detector.
The controls and features are tailored to gold prospecting, including a sophisticated ground balancing system, separate control over signal gain and threshold, and an unique discrimination control system. These features also make for a great relic-hunting detector. While the TX-850 makes for a highly competent coin-shooting detector, its user interface and features are not specifically designed for this purpose. As a coin-shooter, you will notice that the TX-850 exhibits slightly lower sensitivity to high-conductivity coins, like a US quarter; this is a result of its specialized design to emphasize sensitivity to small, low conductivity metals like gold nuggets."

Seems the Goldbug/G2 says the same thing on the documentation ????Seems their larceny knows no bound's.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
In Sven’s md-hunter link if you watch the middle video = when the guy turns the unit on it displays “G2” for like 3 seconds!
June 29, 2018 01:24AM
what do you expect when corporations have to go off-shore to compete & to make their shareholders happy = $$$$

of course the country that does not comply to copyright laws will copy / steal / fake as they see nothing wrong with it and as long there is a market for Chinese made gear & their is -
[www.jiesworld.com]
it will continue as many of the top western manufacturers have a lot invested in their off-shore production lines

if you are going to direct your frustration at anyone I would suggest the manufacturers who try to hide the fact that they do indeed get some of their product lines made in China for various reasons, however it all boils down to profits for shareholders, or that's what we are told when the squeeze is put on a CEO.

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
June 29, 2018 01:40AM
"Stretch length??? Must be made out of rubber!winking smiley
June 29, 2018 01:56AM
RC - there you go again - you wrote

“if you are going to direct your frustration at anyone I would suggest the manufacturers who try to hide the fact that they do indeed get some of their product lines made in China for various reasons, however it all boils down to profits for shareholders, or that's what we are told when the squeeze is put on a CEO.”

the detector which appears to be pirated here is made by First Texas Products- which has never had a product of theirs manufactured in the Far East - with the sole exception of part of the production of the ‘Bounty Hunter Jr. model - the balance of that detector - like all of the rest of their detectors is made in El Paso Texas. You know this - I have told you this in forums more than once. And should you come back and say - “well I wasn’t talking about them” - I will remind you that the detector in this thread which is apparently being pirated is the Teknetics G2 - a First Texas product.

We have been down this road before - I posted the following in answer to your posts in October 2015 on this forum...

Which metal detector manufacturers do you allege are "running off to China to keep their manufacturing costs down"?

As far as I know, with the exception of the Bounty Hunter jr. (Which is ALSO produced in the US as well) - no US metal detector manufacturers have had any production in China.

Garrett - Texas
Whites - Oregon
Tesoro - Arizona
First Texas - you guessed it - Texas.

And to take up your last statement above. Which of these companies do you reckon isn't in your words "honest and cares for its customers"?

These are hard working American companies putting out quality products. If you don't like them, please don't buy them, but your fact-free allegations are getting old.

Rick Kempf
Here's a link on Wish dot Com to a Fisher Gold Bug Pro with both a 5" & 1 1" coil for less than $300 including shipping. The description uses the same verbiage as the Fisher advertisements; like GroundGrab, Ground Balances all the way to Salt. It looks like the real thing.

[www.wish.com]

Alan - Retired in Omak, WA
June 29, 2018 12:46PM
Wish.com requires you to “join” in order to log on their site. the then “recommend” products to you - yuck

Here’s a quote about them from “HighYa” a ratings site

“Wish.com, nearly all of the emphasis is placed on ‘cheap,’ basically to the exclusion of ‘fast’ and ‘good.’ So, although you’ll be getting rock-bottom prices, you’ll have to wait a very long time to receive your order, and in general, the product(s) will probably be of less-than-stellar quality.

On top of this, should anything go wrong with your order, you might experience difficulty getting in contact with the original seller (remember, Wish.com only acts as a storefront, but doesn’t sell items directly). And if you need to get Wish.com involved, many customers have complained that they weren’t much more help.

Taking all of this together, Wish.com certainly isn’t a scam, although many of their vendors could be. After all, they’re probably located overseas and completely anonymous (at least to customers), and it’s not clear if they’re required to go through any kind of vetting process before opening their Wish.com store.”

Rick Kempf
June 29, 2018 05:03PM
Just to ad to the confusion...
It says "Chino, California" Not China, California. A real place in CA. HOWEVER, in the shipping exclusions link it says no shipping to Hawaii and Alaska (Okay), but then no shipping to North or South America????? Seriously?

Buyer be ware indeed.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
June 29, 2018 08:55PM
It seems he is having many problems with his cablishka. That is a very bad sign. drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2018 10:23PM by texkinzee.
June 29, 2018 11:59PM
@Rick (Lytle78)
Last year, someone posted (on Geotech1 forum) internal photos of a Fisher GoldBug Pro PCB, and there was a sticker on it stating "Assembled in Mexico".
Is this a recent change? Perhaps just the PCB is populated (soldered up) in Mexico, the final assembly of everything else is done in the US.?
Any 'inside info'?
June 30, 2018 12:11AM
My understanding is that Board fabrication is done in Mexico in a facility owned by First Texas - Their history, even before metal detectors entered their corporate picture - was based on the “Maquiladora” movement. An arrangement pre-dating NAFTA which allowed US companies to set up facilities in Mexico within so-many miles of the border and import US source products and supplies to Mexico free of Mexican duty - then they add value in Mexico by assembly, etc - and re-import the product to the US duty free. Often this trade involves the finished product being produced in the US by US workers. First Texas sources their components in the US from US and foreign suppliers - ships components to their own facility in Mexico where board fabrication and “stuffing” are carried out, then the boards are shipped to El Paso where the detectors - including the boards - are assembled, tested and shipped. The design is done in El Paso by First Texas’ Engineering team. A number of those engineers are graduates of the The University of Texas at El Paso which has a top flight department of Electrical Engineering as as result of this kind of cross-border value production.

It is one of the reasons that El Paso is now thriving with high tech industries - and a leader in imbedded electronics design for automotive and aerospace applications - and a place where US companies like Boeing have made this cross-border partnership a big win for both American and Mexican economies and workers.

the fact that the economy in Mexico has grown and developed is a very good thing for us here in the US. More jobs there - less attraction to seek work illegally up north.

Trade, international supply chain integration and progress are good for every country involved. Piracy and theft of intellectual property are enemies of this progress and prosperity.

Sorry to go on about this but I worked for many years negotiating and managing contracts for international programs - where the rights of the partners had to be mutually protected so that all of them received the due benefit of their contributions of invention, process and value creation.

Rick Kempf

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2018 12:52AM by lytle78.
June 30, 2018 12:41AM
Thanks for the informative reply. I did wonder if it might be something along those lines, but as I'm not in the US, I'm unfamiliar with
the details of NAFTA etc.
Sort of makes me mad the T2 copy gets a backlit display
June 30, 2018 03:48AM
[vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com]

[www.ebay.com]

This T2 COPY even gives us the FTP Root Hertz sensitivity wording in the description

General :
1. 3.8-Inch LCD Display
2. Back-light
3. Charging Indication
4. Select Metal : Yes
5. Sensitivity Adjustment : Yes
6. Earphone Jack : Yes
7. Volume Adjustment : Yes
8. Within 11 feet of waterproof design
9. Technical Parameters Configuration : Adjustable handle
10. Detection Disk : 11 Inch DD
11. Battery : 4AA
12. Scanning Support : Lateral 7.1 Nm
13. Operating Rules : VLF Inductive Balance
14. Operating Frequency : 13KHZ
15. Basic Sensitivity : 5x109 ROOT Hertz Sensitivity
16. Hysteresis Factor : 70 Micro Seconds
17. Ground Balance Range : From iron to salt
18. Ground Suppression : A combination of second and third order methods
19. ID Group Suppression : Third order
20. Battery Life : Up to 40 hours
21. Operating Temperature : -20 to +50 Degree Celsius
22. Operating Humidity Range : 0 to 90%

Ports : Audio Jack
Languages : English

Dimensions :
1. Main Product Dimensions : 1430x 300x 200mm (L x W x D) (Max. Height)
2. Main Product Weight : 1600g

-Nikola Tesla
June 30, 2018 05:38AM
marcomo Wrote:
> "The detector will not emit a tone nor light up an
> indicator..."eye popping smiley
>
> I wouldn't bet that this detector is any better th
> an their command of the English language.
>
> Caveat emptor!

Vibration only???tongue sticking out smiley
July 01, 2018 10:43PM
Rick

There is nothing wrong with what I have posted - at all

I have been told, well before you started locking horns with me over this that FT do indeed get more than one of their most popular selling units, made in China - This is from the horses mouth, so you may need to look a little further into it.

Whites have also admitted to getting one of their units made on a Chinese production line - XVenture

After speaking with someone from Garrett who worked in quality control, I also believe Garrett get some products made there as well.

Now I am not talking about components either, although we all know its a given these days.

Now this is NOT an attack on US manufacturing but I don't believe for one minute ALL this fakery and counterfeiting comes down to some Chinaman flying to the USA, buying a product, flying home and copying the crap out of it. This is the myth spread by the western corporations who use Chinese manufacturing. An illusion while US manufacturing is moved to Asia by stealth. If you want to point the finger at anyone Rick, its the corporations & their shareholders.

Yes we have been down this road before - No I do not agree with you & it appears my opinion differs to yours, I should make no mention of it again. My gosh - Have you ever followed up on these Chinese counterfeiters/manufacturers to hear what they have to say? Its enlightening to say the least.

It makes no difference to me where they manufacture their products - Just as long as they are made to the manufacturers specifications and are upfront and honest about it -

Rick - for as long as you continue to believe that everything is made in the USA because it says so on the box, I doubt whether US manufacturers will hit the heights they once reigned over - I also do not understand why you get upset when I post this - Did you check out the link I posted? Does it not shock you? That is just 1%.

I love US made products like everyone else around the world - Dave J is my hero - Teknetics was my first love winking smiley

However I stand by my post in regards to my opinion on the Chinese and their ability to copy US products & until we (western countries) stop running to the Chinese to make our shyte, this BS will simply continue.

But this is just my opinion Rick which obviously differs to yours however I am not upset about it - How bout you?

lytle78 Wrote:
> RC - there you go again - you wrote
>
> “if you are going to direct your frustration at an
> yone I would suggest the manufacturers who try to
> hide the fact that they do indeed get some of thei
> r product lines made in China for various reasons,
> however it all boils down to profits for sharehold
> ers, or that's what we are told when the squeeze i
> s put on a CEO.”
>
> the detector which appears to be pirated here is m
> ade by First Texas Products- which has never had a
> product of theirs manufactured in the Far East - w
> ith the sole exception of part of the production o
> f the ‘Bounty Hunter Jr. model - the balance of th
> at detector - like all of the rest of their detect
> ors is made in El Paso Texas. You know this - I h
> ave told you this in forums more than once. And s
> hould you come back and say - “well I wasn’t talki
> ng about them” - I will remind you that the detect
> or in this thread which is apparently being pirate
> d is the Teknetics G2 - a First Texas product.
>
> We have been down this road before - I posted the
> following in answer to your posts in October 2015
> on this forum...
>
> Which metal detector manufacturers
> do you allege are "running off to China to keep th
> eir manufacturing costs down"?
>
> As far as I know, with the exception of the Bounty
> Hunter jr. (Which is ALSO produced in the US as we
> ll) - no US metal detector manufacturers have had
> any production in China.
>
> Garrett - Texas
> Whites - Oregon
> Tesoro - Arizona
> First Texas - you guessed it - Texas.
>
> And to take up your last statement above. Which of
> these companies do you reckon isn't in your words
> "honest and cares for its customers"?
>
> These are hard working American companies putting
> out quality products. If you don't like them, plea
> se don't buy them, but your fact-free allegations
> are getting old.

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
July 02, 2018 12:13PM

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2018 08:53PM by Sven1.