Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anderson carbon fiber shaft review for Equinox.

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anderson carbon fiber shaft review for Equinox.
June 29, 2018 03:22PM
A look at the Anderson shaft for the equinox.Anderson shaft
Re: Anderson carbon fiber shaft review for Equinox.
June 29, 2018 05:46PM
I was lucky enough to get a test model from Pete. You are right great shaft. He did change one thing that i really liked........ he had a 2 button spring clip with holes on top and bottom.... now i understand its like MLs with a single hole. For water guys you really need that double hole because of the torque the coil does move on the ML. I dont know on the Andersons. Also..... that fat handle...... its somewhat of a blessing for those who have ever had trigger finger. Smaller handles seems to cause it more. Some may find .... if they have short arms like me and want to use the ML cuff they will need another hole...... either at the cuff or handle area. Top notch CF well worth the money...... and keep the ML shaft if you are a water hunter for what it is ..... a travel shaft.

Dew
June 29, 2018 06:00PM
Thanks , I really like it a lot better than the factory shaft also.
June 30, 2018 04:35AM
Minelab should offer all 600/800 owners a 50% discount on those carbon fiber shafts
June 30, 2018 12:54PM
True...where the 6 inch coil?????????????
June 30, 2018 01:08PM
Just what the Dr. ordered.
June 30, 2018 05:33PM
Thanks for the video Popeye.
July 01, 2018 01:05AM
Interesting that Minelab has evidently taken the position that they don't want to admit to creating a product that really needs this as an aftermarket item to the point they have given their sister shills orders to not even allow discussion about it,,,,,,,[www.findmall.com]
July 01, 2018 02:35AM
calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> True...where the 6 inch coil?????????????

Oh, haven't you heard? They don't need that either!!! You must have never ran the Equinox to make that statement/ask that question!--I'm kiddin, I'm kiddin grinning smiley
July 01, 2018 03:06AM
Thanks for the heads up and review.
Give us an update after you've totally wrung it out for a bit.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
July 01, 2018 10:50AM
Pull tab....... ive got a lot of hours on mine and all my hunting is in the water so it takes a lot of abuse. No problems at all. She moves smooth in the water. Ive been out that during some yellow and red flag days when pushing that coil is very very slow so i really put some torque on it and the coil. Coil locks seem to be very good. I have used the ML cuff on the shaft........ but as i said had to drill another hole because of my short arm and there was only 1 hole already there. Im not sure how long the ML cuff would last under that kind of torque.and i found myself having to adjust the plastic screw. Pete put an additional solid aluminum piece inside the upper for his cuff that the screws go into. It reinforces the CF well and the screws dont go thru the shaft wearing it.... and since very little of the screw threads are exposed to the sand and salt water it comes apart pretty easy.
July 02, 2018 02:12PM
your link does not support your statement. this, on July 2.

Wayne
July 03, 2018 12:48PM
I'm happy with the shaft on mine, but i'd buy one of them carbon shafts just to out bling my mates Deus lol
July 05, 2018 10:08PM
Tempting but if they fix em for free I'm good, cheap but goodwinking smiley The Equinox grip is big but i wish it slanted forward a little more.