Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

White's new Goldmaster 24k detector

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
White's new Goldmaster 24k detector
June 30, 2018 03:37AM
[www.detectorprospector.com]’s-new-goldmaster-24k-in-action/
Re: White's new Goldmaster 24k detector
June 30, 2018 03:42AM
Are you planning on getting one TN?
June 30, 2018 11:12AM
88junior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are you planning on getting one TN?

Don't think so.
June 30, 2018 12:43PM
It ain't that easy.
June 30, 2018 12:46PM
If I lived in gold country I'd have one of these in a heartbeat.
June 30, 2018 01:10PM
Disappointing to see the continued reuse of old designs.
June 30, 2018 01:32PM
doc holiday Wrote:
> It ain't that easy.

Yah got that right!----And where's the gold scoop???
June 30, 2018 02:04PM
Basically just a re-packaged Goldmaster,have Whites started going down the route of what Tesoro has in recent years,just relaunching old machines again,with a few slight modifications,but nothing technically ground breaking technology wise.As much as i love using older Whites machines,nothing in the current line up would get me grabbing for my cheque book.

Last new machine i bought from Whites was a TDI Pro back in 2016,but if i am honest i doubt that i would buy another new detector from them.
June 30, 2018 06:49PM
No scoop or pick. I think he was using a hammer to dig with. Anyone that can find nuggets that easy surely can afford some decent equipment. Wow, A GMT in a Prizm 6T housing with brown paint. That's original. Really? That's the best they can do?
June 30, 2018 08:26PM
Steve H. Reckons it’s not just a repackage GMT

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
June 30, 2018 08:55PM
It's too bad as found My first Silver coin with a Whites XLT. I wanted a Whites since I saw the ads in the Treasure Mags in the 70s.
If they are going to just rehash older models I wish they would bring back the XL-PRO with a 2 Filter design and factory 4 Tone I.D. That's one I would buy for sure.
June 30, 2018 10:57PM
Y'all need to go to Steve H's forum and read his opinion on the GM 24K. He says it's definitely not a GMT.
July 01, 2018 12:04AM
I'm kinda surprised they didnt add "Pro" or better yet "All Pro" to the name.
July 01, 2018 04:33PM
Wow, some of you guys are brutal!

The latest version of the GMT is one of my current detectors.

There is nothing contained in that video that suggests to me, let alone would make me conclude that it is just a repackaged GMT.

It's just a typical promo video attempting to accentuate it's abilities without revealing any specifics. We saw them of the Nox too, along with the parachute thing.

Based on those video snippits, the parachute thing, and the suggestion it would "obsolete" all other detectors, with no empirical data, people had the Nox being the next best thing to sliced bread, or just a reworked 705, and anywhere inbetween for months before it's release.

As with the Nox, and any other newly introduced equipment, I'll keep an open mind and base my opinion on the UNBIASED testing by Steve H. and other knowledgeable operators.
July 01, 2018 07:25PM
EMF - there’s no “Like” button on this forum, but you get one anyway. Pre-judgement based on lack of information is a quick route to “hat for lunch Ville” - been there, Ketchup doesn’t help.

Like you said, Steve will no doubt have more to say about it as time goes by as will others who have actually seen, touched, handled and hunted with it.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
July 01, 2018 10:06PM
Will the current GMT coils be compatible with the 24k?

How do you think it will compare to the Nokta Au - Makro Gold Racer & Gold Kruzer or the Fisher GB2?

One would expect better performance, yes?

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
July 02, 2018 12:14AM
lytle78 Wrote:
> EMF - there’s no “Like” button on this forum, but
> you get one anyway. Pre-judgement based on lack o
> f information is a quick route to “hat for lunch V
> ille” - been there, Ketchup doesn’t help.
>
> Like you said, Steve will no doubt have more to sa
> y about it as time goes by as will others who have
> actually seen, touched, handled and hunted with it
> .

Hey Rick,
I appreciate that you understand and support my position.

I didn't mean to sound growly, but making disparaging or negative comments about new and as of yet unreleased equipment (no matter what brand), with no factual basis, has always been somewhat bothersome to me.

I've always gone on the premise that if I have no personal knowledge or empirical data as a basis, I don't make any such negative comments. It just comes off as being someone with a preconceived, or biased conclusion.
THE NUMBER ONE NECESSITY IN EXAMINING NEW EQUIPMENT SHOULD BE OBJECTIVITY. Upon objective testing and evaluation, it is what it is.

In terms of reworked models many complain of, the majority of "new" models have their basis in some existing model. They usually add or tweak some things and hopefully make it more appealling/effective. I don't necessarily need a "new" machine to provide better or upgraded features to an already proven existing model. I have found that thoroughly evaluating the machines that suite my needs/wants before purchase and taking plenty of time to learn them has worked well for me. I've averaged 3 yrs between detector purchases and never sold any, I still use them all.

I for one, have no gripes about the F75 for instance. When I got back into detecting years ago, the F75 was just coming into existance. I liked it, but at the time I didn't want to shell out the kind of $$ they were selling for. The EMI issue was a bit of a downer for me too. Fast forward to 2016. With the addition of DST, FA(fast process), and more iron audio options with a greatly reduced price I HAD to get one. It's a great addition to my CTX and other detectors!

I never felt that it needed a new name or look to provide increased features and usability. One thing that could have been done better along the yrs, is a better way of identifying each unit based on what changes it underwent. Fisher kind of dropped the ball on that one IMO.
July 02, 2018 12:28AM
rustic charm Wrote:
> Will the current GMT coils be compatible with the
> 24k?
>
> How do you think it will compare to the Nokta Au -
> Makro Gold Racer & Gold Kruzer or the Fisher GB2?
>
> One would expect better performance, yes?

I can only assume that the 24k will use the same coils as the GMT, since they both share the same 48khz frequency, which has proven very effective on tiny gold.

Only time and testing will determine how it compares to the models listed. I do know that the GMT has been very favorably compared to the 71Khz GB2 by Steve H. on tiny gold.

One could certainly "expect better performance" but once again, time and testing will determine that. The 24k does have some interesting new features not on the GMT. A submersible housing would be nice, but I don't believe that is available.
July 02, 2018 01:11AM
Ok, Ok, I'm sorry for my negative post. You are all correct in that I haven't even seen one yet. It's just frustration rising to the surface after seeing my most favorite detector manufacture fall so far behind in offering truly new or innovative detectors for so long. Heck, my first detector was a White's Goldmaster in 1975 and I became a White's dealer in the early 90's. I hope the 24K is a huge success!
July 02, 2018 02:17AM
Its ironic that all some people want manufacturers to do, is to repackage older models in a slimmer or waterproof design. I've read a lot here lately about people just wanting a slimmer Excalibur or CTX...same technology just put them in a lighter weight class. Or even a Whites TDI...how many times have you read that Whites "messed up" and left money on the table by not offering the TDI in a waterproof package? I think it's hard to gauge just exactly what people want. Some want the above things...put their favorite classics in up to date configurations. If they do that, then others will grumble that "all they ever do is repackage the same old stuff and never come out with anything new". If they come out with something new, then the other half will say they should have just repackaged something they previously had on the market. They can't really win.

I kinda like the direction they are headed in. They seem to be following the Garrett path of taking a single build/design and stuffing their electronics into it...you note the MX7, MX Sport, this machine and some of their others all look similar...same rods, housings, etc. Maybe just maybe, they are working on stuffing a TDI like machine into a waterproof MX Sport chassis. They'd already have the coil connectors and headphones to fit. I dont know how sophisticated it would be to make the settings to be changed by push button menu vs knobs and switches but imagine it shouldn't be too hard.
July 02, 2018 03:06AM
rustic charm Wrote:
> Will the current GMT coils be compatible with the
> 24k?
>
> How do you think it will compare to the Nokta Au -
> Makro Gold Racer & Gold Kruzer or the Fisher GB2?
>
> One would expect better performance, yes?

No, they will not. According to what I've read, the 24K puts out twice the voltage and would fry the GMT coils.
July 02, 2018 12:16PM
PhDtector Wrote:
> rustic charm Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Will the current GMT coils be compatible with th
> e
> > 24k?
> >
> > How do you think it will compare to the Nokta Au
> -
> > Makro Gold Racer & Gold Kruzer or the Fisher GB2
> ?
> >
> > One would expect better performance, yes?
>
> No, they will not. According to what I've read,
> the 24K puts out twice the voltage and would fry t
> he GMT coils.

Good point about the voltage increase over the GMT PhDtector!
July 02, 2018 03:43PM
You can please some of the people some of the time,
All of the people some of the time,
Some of the people all of the time,
But you can never please all of the people all of the time.
July 02, 2018 04:23PM
tboykin Wrote:
> You can please some of the people some of the time
> ,
> All of the people some of the time,
> Some of the people all of the time,
> But you can never please all of the people all of
> the time.

PLEASE, PLEASE-----Not another MX Sport debacle!
July 03, 2018 12:45PM
Is this the wirless controller for it?

July 03, 2018 08:50PM
EMField - Thank you for your response - appreciated thumbs down

PhDtector - thank you for clearing that up thumbs down

[www.earthscan.co.nz]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2018 08:55PM by rustic charm.
July 11, 2018 10:02AM
tboykin Wrote:
> You can please some of the people some of the time
> ,
> All of the people some of the time,
> Some of the people all of the time,
> But you can never please all of the people all of
> the time.

Although I was surprized to see the new GMK in a format Whites has used in the past I am glad to see that Whites has found the Horsepower in this new GMT/GMK and I wish them luck and I will be buying the new GMK when it hits the streets, I will never stop using the MXT AP over all others but I believe the GMK is going to be a winner, And it is good to see Whites pulling out all the stops and they make me want to start buying detectors again.

But if the release date is a long way off I will just buy another GMT because the GMT has a huge nugget finding History.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2018 10:59AM by auminesweeper.
July 17, 2018 05:41PM
Mr. tboykin, your quote is great but it was spoken before my wife was born. There really are people you can never please and it seems many like to detect metal. There seemed to be a rather unsettling piling on over the preview of Whites new offering. While chucking rocks is fun, its better done at inert targets than indigenous wildlife (IMO). Time will allow a reasonable test of the forthcoming gold unit. I have way too many (5 maybe, one dedicated and 4 able) of those already considering after 8 years detecting I have yet to actually go gold hunting. It just seems wrong to bury something before its born.
Just adding my 2 cents to the pile.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
July 17, 2018 07:41PM
...for some strange reason, I like the look of it!

I remember seeing the first Explorer XS prototype for the first time when it had been presented to me in 'a raw state' to get working!
Remarking about the 'beige' color, the wrong headphone jack plug, no stand, etc etc I was told; "Too late! It's set in stone!"

So, I'm over the 'beige' color thing 19 years on!

I'm not a fan of 'skyscraper' pod control units but I forgive the height of this one!"

Des D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2018 02:31PM by Des D.
October 23, 2018 10:45PM
There's nothing wrong with building on existing technology; in fact, it's usually the best idea. Nothing irritates me more than new products with features that don't work nearly as well as the same features on previous models, to the point that I suspect the engineers didn't even bother to look at the previous designs. I also can't knock Whites for not bringing out a startlingly-different VLF small-gold-hunting machine, since none of the other manufacturers have done that, yet, either. I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate the GM 24K's modern features, including the large, readable display. The real question is whether the GM 24K performs as well in mineralized ground as the Goldmonster 1000. Has anyone seen a side-by-side test done of the two machines?