Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Here's a button the Gold Bug got me yesterday

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Here's a button the Gold Bug got me yesterday
August 14, 2010 11:31PM
It's a pretty hard button to get ..it's an 1830's South Carolina 1 Piece...I was thrilled to see so much gold since it came from the harsh N.Ga environ's....
It was in a place I have been working on since the spring loads of nail's...not deep maybe 6 inches but on edge.... gain was 100 , disc was at 22,ground was 75 3 fe bars..

Thank's

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2016 06:49PM by Keith Southern.
Re: Here's a button the Gold Bug got me yesterday
August 15, 2010 02:11AM
Hard to find....is right! Nice button.
August 15, 2010 11:47PM
nice find!!!!

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 31, 2016 03:54AM
I musta missed this one Keith

nice button thumbs down
December 31, 2016 06:17PM
Nice save!
December 31, 2016 06:20PM
Mighty fine hit, keith. HH jim tn
December 31, 2016 06:55PM
That's a great looking button thumbs down

Amazing how much gold gilt is left, really brings it to life grinning smiley

I hope it has friends confused smiley

-Brian
December 31, 2016 07:19PM
Yeah not sure people KNOW what there looking at right there...Yes its a RARE type button ..

But I have traced the Lineage of it since finding it and its a True piece of American History..

Without going back to my papers for detailed writing..I'm away from home right now...I can tell you that when I found it I must admit It was a head scratcher..

then I lucked up on a Book a year or so after finding it and it dawned on me why it was there...

The cavalry I've Tracked for the last 25 years or so with great admiration I knew had some artillery with them...Some Georgia Artillery out of Columbus Ga..

they were a Flying artillery group which means very mobile and maneuverable able to operate quickly and remotely compared to the main branches of artillery..using smaller lighter cannon..able to operate in mountainous areas to boot.

Well the book had a roster in the back and also some very detailed diary writings....Low and behold there was a group of OLDER South Carolinians in the unit...and they were from Charleston a Pre war unit..And the big jaw dropper was they were part of the attack on Fort Sumter to start the war..

So while the Button in its own right is very rare to find about anywhere even in Coastal South Carolina to find it in the Wilderness of North West Georgia on an old road pulling up out of a creek leaves me speechless..A button never found in these parts EVER...and Knowing what i did find in here with the Button..Confederate C button Ga state seal button..Sword Drag, lots of bullets Eagle I's floating shanks button..Gun parts lock plates one off a Burnside...tokens 1830 Artillery style stirrup ...list goes on..It match's the records books that a South Carolina group was with them and it looks like they were by the Button and an Pre war unit to boot like the books say..Oh Yea also got a set of Baby Hooks out of what I think Is a South Carolina baby Oval..

so to me the button I truly feel was at Fort sumter...Mesmerizing...!!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2016 07:20PM by Keith Southern.
January 02, 2017 07:07PM
Nice save
January 04, 2017 08:04PM
Great find, Keith!!!!! Congratulations.