Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Good deal on a proper working MX Sport

Posted by wjs 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
wjs
Good deal on a proper working MX Sport
January 05, 2017 11:18PM
[metaldetctingforum.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2017 11:21PM by wjs.
Re: Good deal on a proper working MX Sport
January 05, 2017 11:55PM
was it yours?
January 06, 2017 02:08AM
There is also one for sale at the findmall forum....and there is a second post under the ad which reads......."I was just told by KellyCo that they had been told to stop selling the MX Sport because of a second defect from beach salt water overload. ".........if that is true then the nightmare problems continues for this detector....pity because it looked like it might be a winner
wjs
January 06, 2017 02:06PM

was it yours?

Not mine. I got a good one that I am going to hang on to for a while....Maybe....Lol
January 06, 2017 02:32PM
DonM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is also one for sale at the findmall forum..
> ..and there is a second post under the ad which re
> ads......."I was just told by KellyCo that they ha
> d been told to stop selling the MX Sport because o
> f a second defect from beach salt water overload.
> ".........if that is true then the nightmare probl
> ems continues for this detector....pity because it
> looked like it might be a winner

This sound like internet BS. MX Sport actually works quite well in Salt for a Single Freq VLF. Yes, you have to back off sensitivity so it doesn't overload. It's a very sensitive metal detector and that's par for the course. Remember, most people at Kellyco just sell detectors not use them.
January 06, 2017 02:35PM
basstrackerman Wrote:
> was it yours?

It's mine, Bill. MX Sport is at the top of the pack handling iron and depth for single freq VLF IMO. I wouldn't be selling it if I water hunted and/or liked the tones. My ears and mind just don't mesh with the tones. Personal preference.
January 06, 2017 03:25PM
Craig ive had a few where the tones drove me nuts. The pointer showed up today. Thanks. Also a guy on findmall looking for an mxtpro if ya haven't sold it already winking smiley i may try an mxsport this spring..
January 06, 2017 04:03PM
Is there such a thing??
January 06, 2017 04:15PM
DonM Wrote:
> There is also one for sale at the findmall forum..
> ..and there is a second post under the ad which re
> ads......."I was just told by KellyCo that they ha
> d been told to stop selling the MX Sport because o
> f a second defect from beach salt water overload.
> ".........if that is true then the nightmare probl
> ems continues for this detector....pity because it
> looked like it might be a winner

Sounds like the Russians hacked KellyCo. Available on their site - [www.kellycodetectors.com]

And since I work at the factory and have not heard about this, I would say it is BS. The MX Sport will overload in the salt at full gain. But you need that sensitivity on land.

It's kind of like a car - should Ford limit the top speed of a Mustang to 35mph because that is the speed limit in town? IMO leave it to the user to determine the best settings for each application, without "speed governors."
January 06, 2017 04:25PM
I used my MX Sport in Gulf Shores on the wet sand and in the shallow water. The only trouble I had with that was when the fast moving water would come in over top of the coil. All I had to do was reduce the sensitivity down to around 4. At the setting of 4 I was worried I might be missing some deeper stuff so I dug a fairly deep hole with my scoop and threw a dime down in it. I could hear it loud and clear. It was so deep I ended up losing it because the surf was getting decently rough and one stretch of waves might be ankle deep and the next would about knock me down by hitting knee to butt deep. I about got knocked down by one rouge wave and decided it wasn't worth that much trouble for a clad dime in crusty shape.
January 06, 2017 04:40PM
Yeah, thought it was either "old" news or "fake" news!
January 06, 2017 05:26PM
SeabeeRon Wrote:
> Yeah, thought it was either "old" news or "fake" n
> ews!

I'm sure Richard appreciated the ad spam! smh thumbs up