Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Couple sites (small) with aka Signum

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Couple sites (small) with aka Signum
January 09, 2017 09:44PM
Okay,,,hunted 2 small sites,,,these sites pounded by etrac/CTX with stock coils,,and Deus with 9 and 11" coils,,,sites also seen limited hunting with Nokta Relic unit and Racer 2 both these detectors wearing the smallest coils.

Should mention,,,one of these sites has produced silver,,,,the other one,,I've never found the first one ever.

Signum was set up economy off,,ST at 11,,AF1search mode,,all metal selected,,stock coil gain at 6.

The audio with higher tones really stands out on this detector.

I did peek at meter,,,but deep down could have found and dug every one of these based solely on tone.

One wheathead at 10"-- a good solid signal.

One penny 6" on edge,,,I missed the pinpoint and saw it on edge in side of hole.

Some other things,,like the old tubes-- these higher conductors.

In all metal can be a busy unit,,but the tones on high conductors scream out at you.

Will a person get some falsing???Yes

But falsing on this detector,,at least the way I hear it--- easier to decipher than FBS/fbs2 units.

Still playing around with weak signal audio setting,,,,today it was on level 5.

Played a short bit with MM mode,,but not enough to form a good opinion.

Other than the MM mode,,,,this detector for higher conductors ( with a 7kh coil) seems to latch on to very good.

After my hunt today,,I again went to my 10" dime in test garden.

Hasn't rain in a few days,,,but been very cold,,,,messing around with the deep dime,,,,I could get a good signal in economy power setting ST level13/14,,search mode AF 1,,a weaker signal with at level at 11 with gain at 6,,,7 sounded good,,,level 8 signal wish you washy.

AF modes (3 each) on this detector are supposed to be for EMI mitigation,,,but my experiences so far,,,show you also get a little more depth. I did read somewhere where someone has said yes it does.

This detector seems to report very fast with coil movement even on deeper targets,,,even the 10" deep dime.

I also think this detector is handling the mineral levels I have here quite well.
Should say though,,the spot of detection coil wise with say my 10" dime,,,is pretty critical.

Ground balance,,,I played some more with it,,,just to maybe draw a few conclusions.

What I would do is auto balance and see where it went,,,,the. Go to manual and intentionally dial GB out a ways,,,then flip back to auto and see where it would balance.
Every single time,,it was spot on,,,,would,go back to -11.

Next,,,while standing over my 10" deep dime,,,,I would intentionally dail GB up one and down one point,,,,up one -signal gone,,RT channel would hit,,,dialing down 1 point signal,,,dime signal had negative effects,,,shakier.

Weather is supposed to be warmer,,maybe I can get some more time in with the detector.

I have a few spots,,,where deeper coins,,including silver was found with other detectors,,,will try these.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2017 09:56PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Couple sites (small) with aka Signum
January 09, 2017 11:14PM
In mm mode try dropping the mm rate from 5 to 3 and you should get a better signal in mm mode.
January 09, 2017 11:20PM
Ringmoney Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In mm mode try dropping the mm rate from 5 to 3 an
> d you should get a better signal in mm mode.

Tried mm rate at 2,,,will try 3,,, thanks.

You have Signum I take it???

If so,,,care to share a few of your experiences.
January 10, 2017 12:31AM
Yes I have the same version as yourself, MFT V1. Powerful machine, can be a little difficult to set up on a new site but when you get it right it will out gun the best of the best. Interesting you found AF1 deeper, something I must play with.
January 10, 2017 12:53AM
Ringmoney Wrote:
> Yes I have the same version as yourself, MFT V1. P
> owerful machine, can be a little difficult to set
> up on a new site but when you get it right it will
> out gun the best of the best. Interesting you foun
> d AF1 deeper, something I must play with.

Very good,,,now I know I have someone,,,,to pick their brain and ask questions.

Using AF1 vs normal,,,,yes I think AF1 is deeper,,,,but swing speed needs to controlled morse vs normal.

Tried AF2 and AF3,,,I didn't see better depth with them,,,,this could be my ground though as the reasons why.

Maybe AF2 and 3 might work better on hotter ground.

Something else I'll mention,,,the coil,,,,you know it has the smaller ring inside,,,,this helps me when sweeping,,,for coil advancement.

Also,,,wet ground,,,seems like economy power off with higher sens,,,works a tad better than economy off with say ST level at 11.

This detector sorta reminds me of White's V3i as far as having sens and all metal settings divided,,,,but tonally no contest-- Signum clear winner.

Will be interesting to see how settings changes and depth are affected with drier ground.

Going to bury dimes at 11" and 12",,,, to use for further testing,,,granted will be freshly buried,,,but better than nothing.

Have a 13" dime buried,,,,just got to find it,,,,was in a hay field,,,,might try to find with Blisstool V6 or Signum, was a big piece of iron about 2 ft away,,,,I know generally where it is.

That might make a good test target.

I did notice some EMI when in MM mode,,,,but didn't play with EMI filter.

Cheers
January 10, 2017 12:10PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Ringmoney Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > In mm mode try dropping the mm rate from 5 to 3
> an
> > d you should get a better signal in mm mode.
>
>
> Tried mm rate at 2,,,will try 3,,, thanks.
>
> You have Signum I take it???
>
> If so,,,care to share a few of your experiences.

I do not recommend to increase the "MM" speed above 3
You will fragmentation target signal and decrease detection depth
Operating mode "the MM" was originally designed to run on "trashcan" ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2017 12:23PM by vfp7.
January 10, 2017 12:22PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> ..
> Using AF1 vs normal,,,,yes I think AF1 is deeper,,,,but swing speed needs to controlled morse vs normal.
> Tried AF2 and AF3,,,I didn't see better depth with them,,,,this could be my ground though as the reasons why.
> Maybe AF2 and 3 might work better on hotter ground.
> ..
> I did notice some EMI when in MM mode,,,,but didn't play with EMI filter.

* AF1-AF3 is EMI filter.
Therefore, for the great depths in the absence of EMI it is recommended to disable the filter completely. ( Mode = "NORMAL" )

* EMI Filter for MM mode is responsible for the "fragmentation" of the signal
January 10, 2017 12:30PM
Test
January 10, 2017 01:38PM
vfp7 Wrote:
> tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ..
> > Using AF1 vs normal,,,,yes I think AF1 is deeper
> ,,,,but swing speed needs to controlled morse vs n
> ormal.
> > Tried AF2 and AF3,,,I didn't see better depth wi
> th them,,,,this could be my ground though as the r
> easons why.
> > Maybe AF2 and 3 might work better on hotter grou
> nd.
> > ..
> > I did notice some EMI when in MM mode,,,,but did
> n't play with EMI filter.
>
> * AF1-AF3 is EMI filter.
> Therefore, for the great depths in the absence of
> EMI it is recommended to disable the filter comple
> tely. ( Mode = "NORMAL" )
>
> * EMI Filter for MM mode is responsible for the "f
> ragmentation" of the signal

Thanks for the info.

Maybe the reason AF1 is deeper for me,,,especially in test garden,,,,silent EMI.
January 10, 2017 04:18PM
Pm sent TNSS.