Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Rutus?

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Rutus?
July 07, 2018 04:00PM
Anyone try one of these machines and liked it and kept it? From Poland

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2018 09:04PM by Lawrenzo.
Re: Ruttus?
July 07, 2018 08:32PM
Re: Rutus?
July 08, 2018 12:01AM
I think Ole' Keith Southern had one for awhile?
July 08, 2018 12:06AM
Thanks I'll see if he responds

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 08, 2018 12:18AM
Purchased the RA 71 and loved it in and around littered sites. Handles high mineralization well. Can't do manual GB adjustments but have never felt like I needed the option. Adjustable Freq from 4.4 to 18.4 KHz in .2 increments. adjustable search speed response, or reactivity speed whichever term you choose. Just got the 5 inch CC sniper coil and also purchased the straight rod setup via straight middle rod. Enough to play around with and yet very straight forward.
July 08, 2018 03:25PM
A new Rutus is about to be released. That's all for now.
July 08, 2018 03:42PM
The new Rutus Ultima has only 2 freqs ( 16 & 6) I believe and several options to use but less than $200.00 difference for far less than RA 71 offers.
July 08, 2018 07:47PM
Keith ordered the last version of Alter 71.

Flagship model. You have also new ARGO NE model with different scale of ID -90 to + 90.

Fresh and hot low ULTIMA with the same scale like alter from 0 to 120.
New Ultima has iron volume adjustment and multi tones.

All machines work in mixed mode also. So, if you want to dig deep relics no problem at all. Rutus sells also new sniper coil.

Ask Keith what he thinks about it.

My opinion: faster and deeper than Deus. Better iron separation and very good ID - hodograph.
July 08, 2018 11:16PM
I do like that it has both concentric and DD coil options.
July 09, 2018 04:51PM
Very very good VLF..

Maybe the best of the lot being offered right now in terms of do all.

Audio very reminiscent of a Xterra 705

Unmask very very well, World class level.Masked targets are very clean sounding when comparing to say a Deus..Deus will see same targets but audio is not quite in your face like the report of the RA71.Punches as deep as any VLF

The Mixed mode is Stellar.and as close to a Nautilus I've seen, step up from a MXT mixed mode in my opinion

Has great punch and the Concentric are awesome in trash

Nice having a high freq and a concentric coil combo in tin and mixed use sites.( that happens to also be my favorite set up for the multi Kruzer the concentric 7)Weare sued to DDson High Freqs to get separation and isolation but with the ability to have bleedy and blendy audio and ability to speed up faster or slower in settings on recovery speeds the Concentrics have come full circle.they are able to get in there now and offer that great ID and stability a Concentric brings and couple up with a Higher freq..Like a Tejon on 17Khz ability wise in iron with concentrics but with tones and faster speeds and more audio intelligence about the targets

The Hodo graph may be one of the best Visual ID systems to date..Not foolproof! but offers a more precise way to analyze a target if your digging is amount of holes restricted or cherry picking..

The build is par excellence Sturdy and solid and feels professional in all aspects.

The machine checks alot of boxes and can be custom tailored with evn notching and ability to assign any ID number a tone of its own.Theresa very wide spread to the ID system also for better trash Vs keeper Info.

has good mineral see through when set up righth

I have gotten the Version 1.1 From Shelton with the three coils..stock 11 DD and 9 concentric and 4.75 concentric..My Version 1.0 RA71 may go down the road at some point.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 09, 2018 05:09PM
The mixed mode was made special for my request...

I was pushing RUTUS hardly. I'm still lobbying for the stereo mixed mode winking smiley Now you have 3 types to choose. Alter, Argo NE and ULTIMA. The worst scenario here is the problem with our law. Now they change it for very restricted so all metal detecting brands are in troubles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2018 05:10PM by Shelton.
July 09, 2018 05:14PM
I really liked the Rutus, as fast as a Deus and deeper in my soil, very precise/surgical with a slow sweep in iron. I'd buy another, especially if they could push up the freqs to 30khz.
July 09, 2018 05:18PM
They work on new models hard... but the situation here is taff. Is not easy to sell here metal detectors right now. We have her 100 000 treasure hunters and now very restricted law.
July 10, 2018 04:45AM
Is there a lot of diffrence between version 1.0 and 1.1 ??
July 10, 2018 06:08AM
Few changes. They polish and change some functions like pinpoint depth bar, some menus and mixed mode improvement.
July 11, 2018 04:32PM
Lawrenzo,

It's very solid and put together very tightly absolutely no rattles, squeaks or looseness!
A credit to the very small team there...you could count them on one hand I believe?
It's display is not color but is a rather peculiar 'yellow' looking (very Russian looking AKA, Signum etc)
Despite being well put together, I wasn't entirely comfortable swinging it for longer than three hours. There isn't any 'give' in it's motion.

Uses 6 AA alkaline (you might have to look around for the compartment - it resides in a special case under the elbow)

It has its own brand wireless ability available as an accessory (cheap enough compared to other makers)

It has SEVEN Programs
Ultra Deep
Deep
Big Silver
Basic
Coins
Basic (Deus like)
Ultra Fast (Deus Like)

It's not a true 'multi frequency' detector as it doesn't operate on two or more frequencies at the same time.
But it can be set to seventy one different single frequency options as set by the user. It is stepped in a set incremental rate of .200.

It has to be manually ground balanced after Turn ON and if you change Programs. (You have to GB - otherwise it won't be usable)
That is the only GB method offered.

It doesn't have a Depth Indicator (V1.0) but (V1.1 has)
It has an Overload Function - funnily enough, in a site where the 'Racer's' overloaded all the time the Rutus was 'quieter'

Its not your average detector. It won't be for everyone. It was designed in Poland (and designed to be used for their specific requirements usually involving searches for older military equipment, mounted guns, tanks, motor cycles as a lot of 'stuff' was just dumped in canals)
It's a bit utilitarian in it's build compared to other modes available these days.
You'll have to work with this one to get the best from it.
It's AUDIO is very reminiscent of 'X-Terra's / Deus' and if you have used these before then you will adapt to it quickly.
However, some of it's 'signalling' is unique to it - Mixed Mode mainly.
To use a cliche. "it really hits hard on targets"

It runs "quiet" in iron and the signals can be 'tweaked' to be longer or shorter by adjusting both "Reaction" and "Masking" (various settings available in the rather old fashioned looking Menu)
Similarly, signals can be 'sped up' by working in Ultra Fast and a shallow target can produce as many as eight beeps as the coil passes across the target.
Targets can be missed in the Fast Modes due to the super reaction speed (quicker than Deus)

The 'hodograph' is fantastic and you can see many different 'shapes and spatters' and can very quickly identify ferrous material.
Non ferrous coins produce a tiny straight up shape and can be tall or short depending on the coin's conductivity. However, this does not occur all of the time. A large coin and a small one can look the same.

EMI can be problematic if pylons and/or steel towers are in the area of search. The least prone Programs to EMI are the Dual Modes, 'Deep' and 'Big Silver' - these can instantly dispense with annoying interference.

The Big Silver Mode is considered a Low Frequency program (500kHz) and if your batteries are low (one bar remaining) you can visibly see the Target ID's 'scrolling madly' as the power is being used very quickly!

It works well everywhere, including salt water beaches much to the surprise of many!
It excels in woodland, old parks, ancient fields that are contaminated with iron and coke.

I got a good offer for my one and Sold it after I was finished the testing process and don't regret it.
After that, I moved onto the AT Max and from there to the Equinox 600.

I'm currently looking around at other detectors but am swinging an 'X-Terra 505' that is absolutely amazing for current search needs.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2018 04:42PM by Des D.