Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What will Detectival 2018 Bring Us??

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
July 09, 2018 09:52PM
I suspect that most people not in Europe had likely never heard of Detectival until last years animated launch of the Minelab Equinox. For those unaware of the event, see their wonderful website they made with Microsoft Frontpage 95:

[www.detectival.com]

Now this year, Makro/Nokta have taken the lead sponsorship position at Detectival 2018 in September, so clearly they have an ace up their sleeves to disrupt other vendors shiny new toys.

Now that it's only a couple of months away, what do we suspect they'll be launching at Detectival?

I'd like to see their rumored SMF (simultaneous Multi Frequency) detector, an Equinox killer, that would, IMO, be the best case scenario.

HH,
Brian
Re: What will Detectival 2018 Bring Us??
July 09, 2018 10:59PM
<I'd like to see their rumored SMF (simultaneous Multi Frequency) detector, an Equinox killer, that would, IMO, be the best case scenario. >

Me too Brian.....built like a BSHouse, lite and with small coil options right off the bat.....and around 1k, if possible.
July 09, 2018 11:31PM
If they do come out with a true multi freq, and can in the least match the Nox in performance, but be Makro/Nokta build quality, it will sell great. I'd buy one for the build quality alone.
July 10, 2018 02:00AM
Considering that their current single frequency offering, the MultiKruzer, can run toe to toe
with the EQX and has excellent modulation to boot, if they do drop a simultaneous multi frequency
machine it may really give cause to thoughts of obsoleting other machines.

However after hearing Dilek's interview on that "All Metal Mode" podcast it Seems more likely
to be a revamp of the Nokta line up and some entry level machines to "fill out" the line up.

Time will tell. Until then I'm more than happy with the MK's sensitivity to small gold,
separation in trashy/iron laden spots, and it's depth on coins.

P.S........I really hope they drop a pin pointer that will sync with the wireless phones!!!!
July 10, 2018 02:41AM
A machine that does't break while it is being release a new flagship for the impact.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 10, 2018 07:14AM
Lol, you guy's are funny, just about every hobby model they have released the past few years has had quality issues, yes they have top level customer service, probably because the amount faults/repairs needed made it necessary, even if they managed multi freq they'd still be in the chasing pack behind ML.
July 10, 2018 11:47AM
Eq Killer.
Now that's funny.
July 10, 2018 01:16PM
You gonna go to that festival Brian ? The website says lots of acres of virgin ground to hunt. smiling smiley

I guess that over in England, that any cultivated field has potential. Ie.: there doesn't even have to be reason (past ghost town, camp site, fort, battle, etc....) . Just so many centuries of perpetual cultivation/history/usage, that any random field eventually porks out coins or whatever. So you gonna go ? smoking smiley
July 10, 2018 03:50PM
It will be interesting to see what is next after the impact. I think the minelab using five freq at a time is a cool idea but they have a ways to go. Have tried the 800 and I like it but at this time no willing to buy one. Looking at the Rutus 71 or maybe get the AT gold that was a great iron hunter but no iron level...I don't hunt until fall so I have time to read what you are all up to and I found my gold coin after 18 years so I'm a bit more laid back.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 10, 2018 06:21PM
Looking for something waterproof/weatherproof from Nokta. I'm anticipating the CoRe to be discontinued.

Rich -

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
July 10, 2018 10:10PM
July 12, 2018 02:07PM
YIKES!!!

Lots of folks haven't even received their most bestest detector EVER, that's gonna obsolete everything else, (AKA Equinox).

It was delivered from the sky (via parachute) like a divine gift.

Now, we've gotta hold our collective breaths and sit on the edge of our seats in anticipation of the NEXT most bestest detector EVER. AGAIN?!?! ALREADY!

How's this one gonna arrive? Maybe shot out of a sub's torpedo tube? It would most likely be a waterproof model.

C'mon Brian, let everyone bask in the afterglow of their Nox.....For A while anyway. eye rolling smiley
July 12, 2018 02:13PM
EMField Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> YIKES!!!
>
> Lots of folks haven't even received their most bes
> test detector EVER, that's gonna obsolete everythi
> ng else, (AKA Equinox).
>
> It was delivered from the sky (via parachute) like
> a divine gift.
>
> Now, we've gotta hold our collective breaths and s
> it on the edge of our seats in anticipation of the
> NEXT most bestest detector EVER. AGAIN?!?! ALRE
> ADY!
>
> How's this one gonna arrive? Maybe shot out of a
> sub's torpedo tube?
It would most likely be a wat
> erproof model.
>
> C'mon Brian, let everyone bask in the afterglow of
> their Nox.....For A while anyway. eye rolling smiley

PENALTY! I already used that joke.
July 12, 2018 02:23PM
Sorry BP!

I must have missed it.

I'll voluntarily go to the back of the line on the pre-order list, for the next most bestest detector as penalty.
July 12, 2018 02:32PM
Lots of folks haven't got theirs yet? They must not be looking or are gazing into the clouds waiting on a paratrooper to come out of the sky and hand it to them. Cause they have been available most everywhere for weeks now, and at least one a week on the various forum classifieds too.
July 12, 2018 03:32PM
ghound Wrote:
> Lol, you guy's are funny, just about every hobby model they have released the past few years has had quality issues,

That could be said for every detector release I've seen, and the issues they've worked through were nothing when compared to say the likes of the White's MX Sport disaster when it was released, or even the Equinox had more issues then I've seen from all the Nok/Mak offerings combined, so it happens to the best of them.

> even if they managed multi freq they'd still be in the chasing pack behind ML.

Sure.....we said the same thing about Japanese cars in the 1970's......
July 12, 2018 04:24PM
EMField Wrote:
> YIKES!!!
>
> Lots of folks haven't even received their most bestest detector EVER, that's gonna obsolete everything else, (AKA Equinox).
>
> It was delivered from the sky (via parachute) like a divine gift.
>
> Now, we've gotta hold our collective breaths and sit on the edge of our seats in anticipation of the NEXT most bestest detector EVER. AGAIN?!?! ALREADY!
>
> How's this one gonna arrive? Maybe shot out of a sub's torpedo tube? It would most likely be a waterproof model.
>
> C'mon Brian, let everyone bask in the afterglow of their Nox.....For A while anyway. eye rolling smiley

Maybe Minelab will unveil their 6" EQ coil at Detectival, it seems to be MIA haha

I suspect that the engineering team at Makro/Nokta could do a fine job designing a SMF detector, it may take them a few gyrations to get it down, but look how well they did with the Makro line - Red Racer was an eye opener to most in the U.S that had never heard of this company before, it put them on the map. Then the Racer 2, great detector, and now the Multi Kruzer. Ironically the Multi Kruzer came out after the Equinox, and it already has over a dozen coils available for it (including aftermarket coils) and here we are still waiting on the 6" EQ coil from Minelab and their one hit wonder...err one coil wonder.

In just a few years, they really did some nice work. What other company could pull that off?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2018 04:28PM by Cal_cobra.
July 12, 2018 04:47PM
"What can we expect?

Perhaps a few Invitation's to the many tester's who helped develop the several recent releases to join Mak/Nok in the tent?
It'd be great to meet these people and chinwag over a brew in a local hostelry (as I've had the pleasure of doing in the past)

I'd be expecting to see 'Concept's', that are 'down the road', and possibly a whole lot of New accessories?"
July 12, 2018 05:41PM
Just pullin your chain a bit Cc. smiling smiley

I believe Nokta/Makro has been the leader in company communications with, and, response to customer input for a while now.

While not a leader in new technology, they have responded to customers in useful configuration of current tech into their machines, much to the liking of the consumer, in their end products.
July 12, 2018 08:10PM
EMField Wrote:
> Just pullin your chain a bit Cc. smiling smiley
>
> I believe Nokta/Makro has been the leader in company communications with, and, response to customer input for a while now.
>
> While not a leader in new technology, they have responded to customers in useful configuration of current tech into their machines, much to the liking of the consumer, in their end products.

I hear you EMF grinning smiley

They've definitely set the example of the best customer service of any detecting company bar none, and they show their passion.

Their "hobby" machines may not make them a technology leader (although I have to admit their ability to detect salt water with a VLF is darn impressive) and the unmasking on the R2 and MMK are as good or better then the Dues XP or any other top performing iron sniffer BUT their imaging detectors, who else is really doing that? That may be their future innovation, if they can package that into one detector (without the need for a separate logging device) that would surely be leading, cutting edge technology.

We shall see what the future holds. Personally I think we're entering a sweet spot in the evolution of detecting, with the best currently available technology at prices that were unthinkable just a few years ago. The Equinox and Multi Kruzer alone offer an amazing amount of performance and technology for a price that anyone can afford, these two detectors are light years ahead of the likes of current offerings from FTP, White's, Garrett, etc.
July 12, 2018 08:55PM
I wouldn't mind seeing some updates to White's V3i introduced at Detectival 2018

It would be great if I could select a Correlate Tone ID option. Give me a high tone for anything above 10 points of correlation , a medium tone for 20 to 10 points of correlation, and a low tone for anything below 20 points of correlation. Would be even better if the high tone/mid tone/low tone correlation break points could be adjustable so I could set those correlation tone windows to match my ground.

Correlation is a fantastic feature on a multi frequency detector. I would really like to see more innovation in this area.

HH
Mike
July 12, 2018 09:14PM
Dup post eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2018 09:18PM by Cal_cobra.
July 12, 2018 09:16PM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
> I wouldn't mind seeing some updates to White's V3i introduced at Detectival 2018
>
> It would be great if I could select a Correlate Tone ID option. Give me a high tone for anything above 10 points of correlation , a medium tone for
> 20 to 10 points of correlation, and a low tone for anything below 20 points of correlation. Would be even better if the high tone/mid tone/low tone correlation break points could be adjustable so I could set those correlation tone windows to match my
> ground.
>
> Correlation is a fantastic feature on a multi frequency detector. I would really like to see more innovation in this area.
>
> HH
> Mike

It's a shame White's focused on VLF/MXS machines vs a Spectra refresh. The V3i was an extremely innovative detector, still a very capable machine for those with the available investment of time to master it.
July 12, 2018 11:34PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> Mike Hillis Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I wouldn't mind seeing some updates to White's V
> 3i introduced at Detectival 2018
> >
> > It would be great if I could select a Correlate
> Tone ID option. Give me a high tone for anything
> above 10 points of correlation , a medium tone for
> > 20 to 10 points of correlation, and a low tone f
> or anything below 20 points of correlation. Would
> be even better if the high tone/mid tone/low tone
> correlation break points could be adjustable so I
> could set those correlation tone windows to match
> my
> > ground.
> >
> > Correlation is a fantastic feature on a multi fr
> equency detector. I would really like to see mor
> e innovation in this area.
> >
> > HH
> > Mike
>
> It's a shame White's focused on VLF/MXS machines v
> s a Spectra refresh. The V3i was an extremely inn
> ovative detector, still a very capable machine for
> those with the available investment of time to mas
> ter it.

Mike and Cal, I couldn't agree more. The V3i is really a fantastic detector, one that I "click" with and really respect the engineers that developed it. If only White's would put the finishing polish on the design ... Along with Mike's suggestion, I'd REALLY like to see the ground balance system made more effective, icluding an actual manual ground balance option, not just the "Offset" adjustment it has now. Second thing that would make this detector great, would be better, more communicative audio. Make it "sparkier" (to use Keith's term), more like an MXT that tells it like it is and lets the operator decide, instead of the "gated" style on/off audio it has now, that's laggy and overly processed.

But overall, the V3i is a very underappreciated machine and could be the foundation for the undisputed best VLF if White's would just put a little more development into it. So at Detectival 2018, it'd be fantastic if White's would bring us a V3i Pro!
July 13, 2018 12:57AM
PLUS ONE, on the idea that Whites could/should have continued development/tweaking of the V3i.

There was a lot of innovation in that design that could have been improved upon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2018 01:00AM by EMField.
July 13, 2018 06:58PM
yeah I heard the same thing about the unmasking capalbilities of the racer 2 and how deep it was. It was a let down to me. First off in discrim mode the depth went out the window in my soil which is as good as it gets and second it loved to high chrip on nails in the iron and had me chasing falses all day. To each his own though. Good as or better than a deus in iron , I will have to strongly disagree...BTW I have not had the MK in hand but a dealer I know said it had the same chirp problem in the thick iron on the nails. Any truth to that? racer 2
July 13, 2018 07:12PM
Heres the one where I ran the racer 2 5 inch coil against the deus 11 inch coil. I here the praises of the MK being sung much like the praises of the R2 when it came out. So please forgive me for being a little skeptical. I spent my hard earned money on that racer 2, BTW didnt I get it from you Tabman or George ? That machine didnt impress me and almost had to give it away when I sold it. racer 2 5 inch coil.
July 13, 2018 07:41PM
Some folks may have missed this.
Note Geotech's comments in this thread as far as White's V3i detector.

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
July 13, 2018 08:14PM
"I always said that the White's V3i had the best color screen of any detector!

Did you know that the E Trac shared the exact same screen!

White's just made it SO MUCH prettier!!!

Yes, it was a hard one to master?
I gave it two distinct attempts: the first lasted about a year on and off: the second just months.

I eventually gave up on it when the last few searches produced 'wonky' audio! Just couldn't seriously stand it anymore!
At times I regret passing on it but... that's the way the cookie crumbles!!!"
July 13, 2018 10:32PM
I mentioned to Whites awhile ago about putting the v3I in a water proof case and making it smaller.
I was told we don't tell what we are planning or something in that nature.
They could of really pushed the V3I I liked mine for the little time I had it but I think I let it go to get the CTX can't really remember it was awhile ago.
I think they could of ran head to head with the CTX at the time if they just water proofed it but they missed that ship playing around with the MX Sport and the new management just doesn't seem to care what people want they just push what they want. At least to me that is how it seems so I have stayed with Minelab and now added the XP DEUS because they seem to be like a decent company too.