Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

french finders of gold bars told to return them !

Posted by diggers 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
french finders of gold bars told to return them !
July 10, 2018 02:25PM
Re: french finders of gold bars told to return them !
July 10, 2018 02:55PM
Very interesting. This happened in France. So the implications might be very different than if the same thing happened in the USA. Ie.: Real estate laws, and ownership of things-found-under-the-ground on one's own property, are probably different here than in France.

But it brings up an interesting "What if ?" I have been commissioned to find things on people's properties before. Like if someone suspected their next of kin had buried something. And another time a "rush rush" to find jars of coins before a property was sold . That were rumored to have been buried by a family patriarch. I found it just a few days before the property was sold. Jars & jars of silver coins.

But theoretically : What if the family who was selling the property didn't know of what some other family member had buried ? And then later, in the news (or heard during gossip at the local pub or barber shop) that "such & such was found". And you know full well it had belonged to your dad or grandfather. Is it now the property of the lucky finder ? Or does it still belong to the family next-of-kin ?

Any realtors here to comment on this ?
July 10, 2018 05:21PM
Stay mum and there would be no question! HH jim tn
July 10, 2018 10:23PM
+1

Loose lips sink ships eye popping smiley
July 10, 2018 11:56PM
Should'a keep their traps shut.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
July 11, 2018 12:01AM
ssshhhheeeesssskkk. All these guys here promoting lawlessness (I'm sure there's a French law that applies). How do you sleep with yourselves at night ?? Isn't this the type md'r set who knocks themselves silly showing up at city halls for "permission" or to "make sure it's ok" to hunt the parks ? Why so much time & energy to apply to those laws, but not lost & found laws ? Ssheeesssk. Next thing you know, you guys will be advocating jumping fences, clubbing baby seals, robbing banks, etc...... You are all setting a bad example. Tsk tsk.
July 11, 2018 12:18AM
First thing You do is make a YouTube video and show the world so everyone knows about it and you can pump up your ego. Can't believe how dumb People are nowadays.
July 13, 2018 03:00AM
Tom_in_CA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ssshhhheeeesssskkk. All these guys here promoting
> lawlessness (I'm sure there's a French law that ap
> plies). How do you sleep with yourselves at night
> ?? Isn't this the type md'r set who knocks thems
> elves silly showing up at city halls for "permissi
> on" or to "make sure it's ok" to hunt the parks ?
> Why so much time & energy to apply to those laws,
> but not lost & found laws ? Ssheeesssk. Next t
> hing you know, you guys will be advocating jumping
> fences, clubbing baby seals, robbing banks, etc...
> ... You are all setting a bad example. Tsk tsk.

Yes. When the law wants to confiscate "your booty".... you then put your pirate hat on.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant