Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Out in the water with a Gold Kruzer

Posted by Rick, N. MI 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Out in the water with a Gold Kruzer
July 10, 2018 06:41PM
Took a chance and got the Gold Kruzer. Found this 14k gold chain and a 14k jewish pendant. 13.97 grams. Was using Micro mode with the 4"x7 1/2" coil. Swept very nice in the water. Sensitivity 96, disc 6, imask 0, tone break 22. Micro mode is chatty but you can clearly hear the mid and high tones.

Also the cable is long enough I hip mounted it.

Great relic hunter too and depth with the small coil is surprising and separation is amazing. It hits all my tests coins in my mild ground including my 10" dime in Micro mode with the small coil. I don't care for the large coil. Isn't working as good as the small coil for me.

1j by Rick Covert, on Flickr

Sorry photo isn't in focus.

Rick
Re: Out in the water with a Gold Kruzer
July 10, 2018 07:18PM
Nice score!
July 10, 2018 08:42PM
Impressive thumbs down
July 10, 2018 10:03PM
Very nice.
July 10, 2018 10:21PM
way cool. Good looking gold.

How is the audio profile? Do small targets sound small?

Mike
July 10, 2018 11:01PM
Small targets sound sound small but also like a deep target except you have id. Say id is in the 40's then could be small gold or small foil lol. There is a language on good targets mixed with iron. I like there isn't much falsing. I've only been using Micro mode because it is the deepest mode. Has 3 tones but is noisy. The tones are clear. 3 tones was nice in the water. Setting Disc at 6 removed quite a bit of the noise for some reason. Tone break at 22 was the nail break point.

I like it better than the Impact I had.

For 3 lb it felt heavy and started hurting my forearm on my first hunt. I put a strap on the arm cuff and raised it off the bottom 1 1/2" and put my arm on the strap and was much more comfortable. My arm was then lined up with the shaft. Was nice when I hip mounted in the water.

Rick