Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Heads Up - Lost Gold of the Dark Ages 10-11pm tonight National Geographic Channel

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Heads Up - Lost Gold of the Dark Ages 10-11pm tonight National Geographic Channel
July 11, 2018 01:15AM
metal detecting enthusiast uncovers the largest collection of Anglo-Saxon gold ever found.

just saying what my dish network programming guide is telling me.

If if sucks or don't happen, sorry!

Wayne
Re: Heads Up - Lost Gold of the Dark Ages 10-11pm tonight National Geographic Channel
July 11, 2018 03:07AM
well, it did happen, and it didn't suck!
I thought it was very well done. Nice video presentation of the artifacts; great color and clarity. Good story line. I enjoyed it. Hope others got to see it and enjoyed it as well.
Approx 700 items in 4000 pieces! Average gold purity over the entire find, 18K. $2.75 million each to the metal detectorist and farmer.

Will be shown again at midnight tonight.

Wayne

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2018 03:12AM by ncwayne.
Re: Heads Up - Lost Gold of the Dark Ages 10-11pm tonight National Geographic Channel
July 11, 2018 03:41AM
I purposely skipped the spoiler alert post as it doesn't air here for another couple of hours, but I'll be watching it drinking smiley

NatGeo is advertising Tuesdays as always Treasure Tuesdays, might be good!
Thanks... watching it now.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
July 12, 2018 02:36PM
Oh, one other thing...

When the detectorist first asked the farmer for permission, the farmer told him he'd be wasting his time because two other fellows had already been over it.

Wayne
ncwayne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh, one other thing...
>
> When the detectorist first asked the farmer for pe
> rmission, the farmer told him he'd be wasting his
> time because two other fellows had already been ov
> er it.
>
> Wayne

Geeks with Bounty Hunter detectors ?