Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Coin hunting w/ the F-75

Posted by Kurt-NE 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Coin hunting w/ the F-75
May 08, 2007 01:54AM
I've used the F-75 for about 30 hours. I have found a few nice finds with it but nothing at depth. I can't help thinking that all the chatter is masking deeper signals. We have mild soil in Nebraska and gound balancing is not a problem. I hunt in de mode, 10 discrimination, nothing notched, 4h tone id, usually ground balances around 60, sensitivity 40-85. Also have played with the frequency but it don't seem to make much difference. If you have any advice to offer I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Chatter
May 08, 2007 05:28PM
I have found that what I at first thought was chatter, was actual targets. Not all of it, but quite a bit more of it than I thought. I have fairly tough ground in my area and the F75 pulled my deepest coin find yet out at 12". I have a SE, DFX, and others, but so far the F75 has found the deepest coin for me.

When I hear chatter, I go back over the area slow and see if it separates real targets out. I also raise the coil slightly and all of a sudden several sounds become one solid sound.

But I agree that the F75 chatters some. It don't bother me the first couple of hours, but it wears me down after awhile. I just push the Disc up some and it usually gets most of it by the time I get to 20. Sometimes I just change detectors for awhile to rest my ears.

I'm sure Tom can give you some tips that will help out.

HH Alton
Re: Coin hunting w/ the F-75
May 08, 2007 10:03PM
Hey Kurt,

Start by placing F-75 in all-metal mode and find a clean spot of dirt. Dig a 8" hole and drop a clad dime in it..... and positively verify the F-75 will detect and properly ID it. Then cover the dime with dirt..... and repeat the process. Need to build soil & detector confidence first!

Tom