Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Impact Field Test from the Hooverboys

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Impact Field Test from the Hooverboys
March 16, 2017 05:10PM
Have to say I wasn't overly impressed with their Racer2 "field test" a year after it was released, but hey, better late then never eh?

Anyhow, here's their Impact field test:

[www.youtube.com]

hh,
Cal
Re: Impact Field Test from the Hooverboys
March 16, 2017 05:48PM
WOW!! dam good video
March 16, 2017 06:20PM
I wish they would have brought the F75 or T2 whatever that was over when he got a signal he was going to dig and see if they would hit it and dig it with that machine to see if it's really just the way the impact is or if it was just missed in the past. Would help in making a decision to try the impact or not. Comparing signals on the same n I n dug targets is the only way to test it. Especially since he had a friend there with a different machine. A competing machine so to say.
March 16, 2017 06:29PM
Pretty impressive.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
March 16, 2017 06:48PM
Welgund Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wish they would have brought the F75 or T2 whate
> ver that was over when he got a signal he was goin
> g to dig and see if they would hit it and dig it w
> ith that machine to see if it's really just the wa
> y the impact is or if it was just missed in the pa
> st. Would help in making a decision to try the im
> pact or not. Comparing signals on the same n I n
> dug targets is the only way to test it. Especiall
> y since he had a friend there with a different mac
> hine. A competing machine so to say.

I agree.....as he stated he was at the indian head site with his buddy who was using the F75. they were there for 9 hours.
why didn't he call his friend over and compare signals? and vice versa?
otherwise, it was a good video/review....
bonus is that you can see that this detector will pay for itself with all the clad quarters to be found, lol

ps, why didn't he use 5khz for the 'possible' deep siver there? I would have definitely tried that first! He stated he used 14khz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2017 09:01PM by canslawhero.
March 16, 2017 09:23PM
9 hour battery life kills it for me. ya I can carry extra batteries etc etc It ends up screwing up your day here and there.
March 16, 2017 11:29PM
The F75 only got one coin ? talk about unlucky sad smiley
March 17, 2017 01:15AM
Nice Video. Looks like a killer park machine.
March 17, 2017 03:05AM
Who's the Hoover boys LOL!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 17, 2017 03:17AM
Notka/makro are great in the iron. More than likely the f75 wouldn't of hit a lot of the targets simply because Brad always has one of those big coils on. I think most of it was the right place at right time, right angle at the right time. Kurt acted like he was surprised he was hitting coins in that much iron. Guess he never tried a Makro/Nokta before.
March 17, 2017 08:40AM
Why was it reported in the how does the impact stack up post. That the battery life was 12-16 hours?? Very conflicting reports. Thats a huge difference 9h and 16 lmao

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2017 08:41AM by Diggs4ever.
March 17, 2017 09:54AM
Did I miss something or, was he strictly using the VLX modes? Anyway, most of the targets with iron in the hole were fairly deep. He also dug a fair amount of iron but that could be because he was new to the machine.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
March 17, 2017 12:08PM
Hoover Boys mantra is to "dig it all." Watch their videos; they load up the truck bed with junk and iron every time, but they make some killer finds.

Will somebody explain what are VLX modes?

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2017 12:11PM by ncwayne.
March 17, 2017 12:27PM
Could be the difference between the standard modes and the Very Low Xmit mode he was using?

Edit: Went thru the video again and he only got 9 hrs using mainly the VLX mode.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2017 12:35PM by Jackpine.
March 17, 2017 12:30PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Who's the Hoover boys LOL!!
>
> Keith

wannabe "Southern Boy"s?

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

March 17, 2017 01:01PM
Possibly more to do with air temps than anything else. He did state the batteries lasted through his first 9 hour hunt (so they might have been good for longer than 9 hours), and on the 2nd hunt where they died after 9 hours he said the temp was 30 degrees.
I don't think he was using rechargeables, but I could be wrong.
I suspect that the rechargeable chemistry (NiMH) may fare better than alkaline batteries at low temps. A brief search on the net found mixed opinions about this.

Here's a test between alkaline and NIMH in a flashlight on youtube FWIW.

[www.youtube.com]

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC

March 17, 2017 01:17PM
Great video showing what this machine can do. I subscribe to the Hoover Boys channel and have seen Kurt test other machines. He puts them through their paces and gives honest no BS reviews. The fact that he was impressed says a lot.

What's the big deal about nine hours on a set of batteries? Use rechargeable, carry a spare set, change them when necessary. Takes less than a minute. All detectors use batteries which need to be changed at some point, right? 9 hours, 12 hours, 15 hours... whatever! They still need to be changed!! What am I missing?

Anyway, I enjoyed the review. Looking forward to getting this machine.

Dean
March 17, 2017 01:59PM
Great Video
March 17, 2017 02:23PM
thanx for the link Brian. Those guys always make fun videos, showing a good passion smiling smiley As has been noted, they didn't do any tests of swinging over flagged targets with competing machines. Many of the hits they film are when the hole has long since been broken open. So there's no telling how "iffy" and how other machines would have compared. On another few, they do film the initial signal. And seem to be clean enough that various other machines could've gotten them.

So in that sense, I find the video inconclusive for hard-core comparing. But one "comparison" I do credit them with, is to make careful note of that one particular spot having been pounded by many many machines, for many years. Thus they recognize that to get more coins, is a testament to a new machine's ability. So while they might not have flagged and swung competing machines, yet their experience with the site tells them that the new machine is doing respectably. Thus in that sense, I guess you could say they're doing competitive side-by-side comparing, ha !
March 17, 2017 02:35PM
bado1 Wrote:
> Great video showing what this machine can do. I su
> bscribe to the Hoover Boys channel and have seen K
> urt test other machines. He puts them through thei
> r paces and gives honest no BS reviews. The fact t
> hat he was impressed says a lot.
>
> What's the big deal about nine hours on a set of b
> atteries? Use rechargeable, carry a spare set, cha
> nge them when necessary. Takes less than a minute.
> All detectors use batteries which need to be chang
> ed at some point, right? 9 hours, 12 hours, 15 hou
> rs... whatever! They still need to be changed!! Wh
> at am I missing?
Im with you who cares how long batters last. LOL last thing i care about
>
> Anyway, I enjoyed the review. Looking forward to g
> etting this machine.
>
> Dean
March 17, 2017 04:19PM
ncwayne Wrote:
> Possibly more to do with air temps than anything e
> lse. He did state the batteries lasted through his
> first 9 hour hunt (so they might have been good fo
> r longer than 9 hours), and on the 2nd hunt where
> they died after 9 hours he said the temp was 30 de
> grees.
> I don't think he was using rechargeables, but I c
> ould be wrong.
> I suspect that the rechargeable chemistry (NiMH) m
> ay fare better than alkaline batteries at low temp
> s. A brief search on the net found mixed opinions
> about this.
>
> Here's a test between alkaline and NIMH in a flash
> light on youtube FWIW.
>
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> Wayne

NCWayne thanks for the battery test--Veeeery impressive.
March 17, 2017 06:05PM
Does it not seem strange to any of you guys that the F75 only got one coin and the Impact got around 40 ?
March 17, 2017 06:25PM
Nice video - I like the way he edits but, I wished he'd let us hear ALL signals before cutting to a sod flap back.
March 17, 2017 10:38PM
Jackpine Wrote:
> Did I miss something or, was he strictly using the
> VLX modes? Anyway, most of the targets with iron
> in the hole were fairly deep. He also dug a fair
> amount of iron but that could be because he was ne
> w to the machine.

I think they dig a lot of iron and trash, they always show piles of it in their wrap-ups.
March 17, 2017 10:46PM
sanjuro Wrote:
> Does it not seem strange to any of you guys that t
> he F75 only got one coin and the Impact got around
> 40 ?

Nope, not at all.

Although given the right circumstances, the F75 is a damn good machine, the Racers and Impact will find all kinds of coins and relics the F75s are blind to. Mostly due to rust spot iron flakes and other tiny iron,. which apparently are the achilles tendon of the F75, BUT NOT THE NOK/MAK MACHINES! I've replicated this feat myself many times over, F75 looses each and every time, Ohh yes the F75 in Tom's completely neutral soil gets 0.1" more depth...I'm OK with that, so while it may not technically dethrone the F75 as a depth demon, for my needs, it's close enough for govt work.
March 17, 2017 10:50PM
Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm due) but I believe on each and every signal he dug, even though he may not have shown it, he said they were clear dig-me types of signals.

His sidekick Brad that uses the F75, is a very good hunter, he almost always bests the rest of the crew on finds, so the fact that the F75 was spanked like it was, isn't a surprise to me.

That said, for a more fair test, they should put the 11" factory DD on the F75 so coils are apples to apples, and then film target comparisons.

Tom_in_CA Wrote:
> thanx for the link Brian. Those guys always make
> fun videos, showing a good passion smiling smiley As has be
> en noted, they didn't do any tests of swinging ove
> r flagged targets with competing machines. Many
> of the hits they film are when the hole has long s
> ince been broken open. So there's no telling how
> "iffy" and how other machines would have compared.
> On another few, they do film the initial signal.
> And seem to be clean enough that various other mac
> hines could've gotten them.
>
> So in that sense, I find the video inconclusive fo
> r hard-core comparing. But one "comparison" I do
> credit them with, is to make careful note of that
> one particular spot having been pounded by many ma
> ny machines, for many years. Thus they recognize
> that to get more coins, is a testament to a new ma
> chine's ability. So while they might not have fla
> gged and swung competing machines, yet their exper
> ience with the site tells them that the new machin
> e is doing respectably. Thus in that sense, I gu
> ess you could say they're doing competitive side-b
> y-side comparing, ha !
March 17, 2017 11:18PM
That's the problem with not calling him over to scan the "clear dig me signals". I own a Deus, Nokta Relic, F75, Tesoro Tejon&Mojave, and they all see things the others dont. Hell the 250 dollar Mojave has been killing it for me on sites I have been hunting extensively in the past but. These sites had not produced much for me anymore but the Mojave is killing it. I hunt alone so I don't have someone to call over to check a clear dig target. It's a good hunt video but for testing purposes he should have called his friend over to cross check targets. I bought the Racer 2 on the hype and it didn't stand up to my current machines in my soil but I will probably try out the Impact also and see if it will replace any of my machines etc.
March 18, 2017 02:46AM
They're getting the machines from Kellyco, so the direct comparisons between machines may not be exactly what is wanted. They do a good job on they're videos and are entertaining. I like when he digs something and is crouched over the hole wondering what it is and says, "let's ask future Kurt" and the video cuts to him in his home after hes cleaned and researched the find. He fills you in, and then cuts back to the hunt. They bust each other's chops and seem to have fun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2017 02:48AM by deadlift.
March 18, 2017 08:43PM
Welgund Wrote:
> That's the problem with not calling him over to sc
> an the "clear dig me signals". I own a Deus, Nokt
> a Relic, F75, Tesoro Tejon&Mojave, and they all se
>
> but I will probably try out the Impact also and se
> e if it will replace any of my machines etc.

Ive heard those Tesoro machines cant be beat in iron, I always wanted to try one.
March 22, 2017 12:57PM
Nice finds. They should have compared other detectors, and showed how it did before they dug the target. Someone still needs to show the detector locating a target, then dig while being filmed.